Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Hornets @ 7PM CSN/NBATV

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

High level
Analyst
And1: 595

Re: Bulls vs Hornets @ 7PM CSN/NBATV 

Post#301 » by High level » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:45 am

I think this team could be dangerous and better with a real coach. Hoiberg is bad man.
matt3254
Bench Warmer
And1: 407

Post#302 » by matt3254 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:45 am

GG. Our bench/worst lineup took their starters to overtime. I'm satisfied.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#303 » by Clocian » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:45 am

I miss thibs. That That is all
Damn I love Hip Hop!
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#304 » by MC3 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:45 am

High level wrote:I think this team could be dangerous and better with a real coach. Hoiberg is bad man.

he is weakest chain. like it was made in china.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#305 » by meekrab » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:46 am

Hoiberg needs to get in the film room and study some well designed plays.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#306 » by RSP83 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:47 am

This group obviously had never played together before this. They just ran arouns the court like chickens with their heads cut off. They did a good job on pushing this to overtime though. They were scrappy enough defensively to prevent Hornets' first team to end the game in regulation.
matt3254
Bench Warmer

Post#307 » by matt3254 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 am

lmao, look at Charlotte's box score, specifically their starter's FG%.
meekrab
RealGM

Post#308 » by meekrab » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:49 am

matt3254 wrote:lmao, look at Charlotte's box score, specifically their starter's FG%.

They shot 33% as a team... its preseason. We didn't do a whole lot better. They just got to the foul line a lot.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#309 » by chifan1798 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:52 am

Payt10 wrote:Wow, Doug went from having a decent game through 3 and a half quarters to an awful one.

Yeah, he was in there a long time. He came in during the 3rd quarter, and never got a break. He looked slower and his shot was flat towards the end of the 4th onward.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#310 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:53 am

Grant needs to hit the D-League then get moved this season. Wish we kept the other guard we moved in the Rose trade.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#311 » by MrSparkle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:56 am

I will agree that I don't expect Hoiberg to last much longer. His concepts simply don't translate to the pro game, at all. Ultimately I think this younger crew will like him and get along better than last year's Thibs-leftovers, but it's just apparent that the best thing about Fred is gonna be his hands-off approach, letting Jimmy/Rondo/Wade basically player-coach the team... And giving young guys chances and confidence.

Really parallel to VDN, where he had Rose, Gordon, Salmons and Miller. All talented offensive players who combined to make something out of nothing (a solid offense).

I don't see any particular effectiveness in Hoi's offense/system. I simply feel the FO has given him the most offensively talented players we've had in a long time. Let's face it- you don't really need to coach Rondo and Wade on offense. They create plays within any system. It's gonna be the same with Valentine if he pans out.

Popovic would obviously get a hell of a lot more out of this collection. I would not be surprised if Boylen took over head coaching in the next year.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#312 » by d boy gentleman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:56 am

meekrab wrote:Hoiberg needs to get in the film room and study some well designed plays.

It's about execution of said plays that needs to happen.

Grant is a black hole on offense and cannot run the point. He is better suited off the ball with a better ball handler on the floor with him. He pounds the ball when he has it and the possessions usually that ends up in a bad shot jacked up by him. I would have loved to have seen Dinwiddie out there with the bench guys, but alas no.

In any case, I think the starting rotation is set with Rondo Wade Butler Gibson and Lopez, I think the big issue is sorting out the bench minutes.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
matt3254
Bench Warmer

Post#313 » by matt3254 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:57 am

Rondo with 10 assists and 0 turnovers. Bad shooting though, Charlotte bigs did real good defending his drives.

McDermott played a lot of minutes which I guess isn't a big deal for a bench player but I think Dimwiddie should have been in there for him at the end. It also would have balanced that final line-up and perhaps gave us a better chance at winning. I don't know about the player contracts or if he is injured but I'm assuming that means we're letting him go.?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#314 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:58 am

Bulls really needed a back up pg. None of the guys have impressed me that are on the bench. Canaan is fine, but he's better off the ball.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
matt3254
Bench Warmer

Post#315 » by matt3254 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:05 am

d boy gentleman wrote:nt is a black hole on offense and cannot run the point. He is better suited off the ball with a better ball handler on the floor with him. He pounds the ball when he has it and the possessions usually that ends up in a bad shot jacked up by him. I would have loved to have seen Dinwiddie out there with the bench guys, but alas no.

It would have been the same case if you swapped Dimwiddie/Grant. The issue was the combo of Portis, Felicio, Doug, and Zipser, not much any point guard can do with that. Doug run around screens and not get open, pick and pop with Portis, pick and roll with Felecio. It's really easy to shut down an offense with only one ball handler, we've seen it happen every year. I'm pretty sure Fred knew this and just didn't mind as it was preseason. I don't think it's a big deal as Grant/Dimwiddie most likely won't be part of the main rotation.
meekrab
RealGM

Post#316 » by meekrab » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:14 am

RedBulls83 wrote:Bulls really needed a back up pg. None of the guys have impressed me that are on the bench. Canaan is fine, but he's better off the ball.

Valentine has been injured, I think putting him in for Grant changes the outcome tonight.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#317 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:20 am

meekrab wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:Bulls really needed a back up pg. None of the guys have impressed me that are on the bench. Canaan is fine, but he's better off the ball.

Valentine has been injured, I think putting him in for Grant changes the outcome tonight.

Maybe, but I rather not rely on rookies to be a big part of the rotation or put that added pressure on them.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#318 » by Ctownbulls » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:30 am

I don't like the way Rondo, Wade and Jimmy look when all on the floor.

I don't like Fred's plays either to get an easy bucket for Jimmy or Wade at the beginning of the game or at the end of the games when it "matters".

I hate Niko, he has been a joke.

I don't like that our best back up point guard, Dinwiddie, appears to be getting phased out of the rotation and potentially potentially off the team.

I really like the defense of the first unit. Bad turnovers inflated the score but when they get set Rondo, Wade and Jimmy can be hounds with Taj and Lopez protecting the rim.

I really am liking Taj and Lopez.

I appreciate Felicio and believe he should be playing over Bobby (who continues to disappoint)

I like that Cannan can play the 2 on offense and the 1 on defense with the 2nd unit now that we have MCW. He can really shoot it.

I have liked Doug this preseason. When he slows the game down and plays with confidence he can be very good. I hate when he plays without one of the big 3 and I really hate when he plays with Niko.

I really like Wade's leadership but don't like that he has been trying to make fancy plays (not concerned)

I really am frustrated with Jimmy's lack of confidence in his jumper. He consistently has passed up shots that he should be taking all preseason and ends up bogging down the offense by not making the right play.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Minalt
Analyst
And1: 1,140

Post#319 » by Minalt » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:31 am

RedBulls83 wrote:
meekrab wrote:

Maybe, but I rather not rely on rookies to be a big part of the rotation or put that added pressure on them.

Isn't that why we have MCW?
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#320 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:31 am

RedBulls83 wrote:
meekrab wrote:

That's what MCW is for.

I think at the end of the day, anyone other than MCW and maybe Doug is only due for like a 10-12 mins stretch. Fred is going to play Jimmy, Wade and Rondo close to 34 mins on average. (J, 37,Wade 32, Rondo 34)
The Cult of Personality

Return to Chicago Bulls