Image ImageImage Image

The Dwyane Wade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Re: The Dwyane Wade Thread 

Post#161 » by Dan Z » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:14 pm

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#162 » by JordansBulls » Sun Feb 5, 2017 3:04 am

He dominated down the stretch, just no Jimmy vs the Rockets last night.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#163 » by erlim » Sun Feb 5, 2017 3:07 am

JordansBulls wrote:He dominated down the stretch, just no Jimmy vs the Rockets last night.

Yeah I've said this a bunch, but Jimmy wouldn't have gotten drawn into those horrible calls. He may not have added much because a normal Jimmy game is as good as MCW's career night last game, but having Jimmy on the floor would help the refs from spanking us.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#164 » by Rerisen » Wed Feb 8, 2017 11:03 pm

Jimmy wants Wade to stay and retire here: http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/butler-wants-wade-to-stay-in-a-bulls-uniform-beyond-next-season/

...“All I know is I want him being my teammate for a long time,” Butler said. “I’ve learned so much already. He makes my job easier and the jobs of everyone else in here easier. As long as he keeps playing like he is now, keeps evolving, he should stay here, finish things out here.”

That’s not just Butler’s bromance with Wade talking. Even with Wade turning 35 a few weeks ago, Butler sees a player evolving with age, not just in games, but on the practice court.

“Like the [win Monday night against the Sacramento Kings], I was telling him late, ‘This is what they’re doing,’ ” Butler says. “He knows it, but I also know what he’s been working on and how he can beat it. We work on all of that when we go to the gym together. People don’t see how much he and I are in the gym working on simple things to evolve our games. The moves he takes late in games are never a bad shot because we work on those in practice every single day. And he’s not stopping.”

That often wasn’t the case with Derrick Rose in previous seasons. As one source put it, “What Derrick considered a hard day’s work, Jimmy saw it as just his warm-up.”

Like Rose, Wade doesn’t practice with the team very often, but Wade works out privately with Butler and also has earned the benefit of the doubt with three NBA championship rings.

“One thing I added is, I go right better,’’ Wade said. “Normally I would always go left. I really worked hard on going right to be comfortable. I think I’m actually shooting better this year going right than going left.

“You always want to learn. The game changes so fast in this league, you always want to still be around and still be effective. I’m 35 — that’s true. By basketball standards, I’m considered old — that’s true. I’m not as athletic as I used to be — that’s true. But I play basketball. I know it’s different. It’s a different game for me. Some nights, it’s like I’m in my prime. I’m a different player. Not as young as I used to be. But just as I told the [Sacramento] crowd when they were calling me old, they’d love to have me on their team.”
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Re: RE: Re: The Dwyane Wade Thread 

Post#165 » by PaKii94 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 11:04 pm

Rerisen wrote:Jimmy wants Wade to stay and retire here: http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/butler-wants-wade-to-stay-in-a-bulls-uniform-beyond-next-season/

...“All I know is I want him being my teammate for a long time,” Butler said. “I’ve learned so much already. He makes my job easier and the jobs of everyone else in here easier. As long as he keeps playing like he is now, keeps evolving, he should stay here, finish things out here.”

That’s not just Butler’s bromance with Wade talking. Even with Wade turning 35 a few weeks ago, Butler sees a player evolving with age, not just in games, but on the practice court.

“Like the [win Monday night against the Sacramento Kings], I was telling him late, ‘This is what they’re doing,’ ” Butler says. “He knows it, but I also know what he’s been working on and how he can beat it. We work on all of that when we go to the gym together. People don’t see how much he and I are in the gym working on simple things to evolve our games. The moves he takes late in games are never a bad shot because we work on those in practice every single day. And he’s not stopping.”

That often wasn’t the case with Derrick Rose in previous seasons. As one source put it, “What Derrick considered a hard day’s work, Jimmy saw it as just his warm-up.”

Like Rose, Wade doesn’t practice with the team very often, but Wade works out privately with Butler and also has earned the benefit of the doubt with three NBA championship rings.

“One thing I added is, I go right better,’’ Wade said. “Normally I would always go left. I really worked hard on going right to be comfortable. I think I’m actually shooting better this year going right than going left.

“You always want to learn. The game changes so fast in this league, you always want to still be around and still be effective. I’m 35 — that’s true. By basketball standards, I’m considered old — that’s true. I’m not as athletic as I used to be — that’s true. But I play basketball. I know it’s different. It’s a different game for me. Some nights, it’s like I’m in my prime. I’m a different player. Not as young as I used to be. But just as I told the [Sacramento] crowd when they were calling me old, they’d love to have me on their team.”

I want the bulls to get back to being competitive so Wade can stay and gracefully transition to a 6th man role and retire here

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using RealGM mobile app
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#166 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:35 pm

New podcast/interview with Wade on Woj-

https://art19.com/shows/vertical

Now this looks like some good stuff:

29:57: The dysfunctional Knicks not being prepared for Wade, James or Bosh in 2010.
34:02: An increased sense of admiration for Riley after leaving the Heat.
36:12: Did the Heat take Wade for granted?
38:23: Not hearing from Riley during the negotiation process last summer.

Ya think?
I'm guessing that stems from watching Foreman fumble around like an idiot the last few months.... :lol:
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#167 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:54 pm

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1518421&start=380

i wonder what you chicago fans thinks about this.calling the heat his organization while still playing for you guys.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#168 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:58 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1518421&start=380

i wonder what you chicago fans thinks about this.calling the heat his organization while still playing for you guys.

Wade for Whiteside. Get it done Pat

Or James Johnson, McRoberts, and Ellington for Wade.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#169 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:03 am

bulliedog8 wrote:

Wade for Whiteside. Get it done Pat

Or James Johnson, McRoberts, and Ellington for Wade.
:lol: not a chance in hell :P
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by Rerisen » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:36 am

No big deal. Bulls were still and always will be MJs organization in a sense, even when he was playing in Washington. Heck, even in owning another team!
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#171 » by erlim » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:47 am

Rerisen wrote:

No big deal. Bulls were still and always will be MJs organization in a sense, even when he was playing in Washington. Heck, even in owning another team!

I am sure Michael Jordan wouldn't agree with you.

Hell, Scottie Pippen probably doesn't consider the bulls "his franchise" and he's retired with us as well as being on the payroll.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#172 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 pm

That interview is excellent. I hear parts getting replayed but the whole thing is really worth the time if you're a Wade fan.

His insight on that 2010 season wit the Big 3 is the perspective I always wanted to hear.

More amazing is how he pretty much admits the lack of Riley calling him and making him feel wanted (which is exactly what i thought was the real issue) is why he ended up here.

So 1 phone call from Pat and he's still in MIA. I like him here but I enjoyed watching him in MIA and being that franchise. He's lost here, it's uncharted waters for him.

and he doesn't sound to me like a guy who wants to coach or stay close to the game when he retires.

His take on his kid and him playing hoops in Chicago and trying to make it is great.
He's so honest, eloquent and well spoken it's easy to see why he turned into the star he is :love:

He even drops a great tidbit on the secret to staying married, which should be easy when you''re tapping what he is...
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by Rerisen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Bulls are 5-1 when Wade doesn't play, but Butler does.

I actually think Wade has been overly criticized this year and has mostly been our 2nd best player. But this stat suggests his fit here is pretty bad.
Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#174 » by Bulls03 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Rerisen wrote:Bulls are 5-1 when Wade doesn't play, but Butler does.

I actually think Wade has been overly criticized this year and has mostly been our 2nd best player. But this stat suggests his fit here is pretty bad.

Not really the team as a whole has stepped up lately and guys are starting to hit their shots. We've beat a Raptors team going through some problems who we always beat, a bad Hornets team, the Celtics without Bradley on the 2nd night of a back to back, and then idk the other 3 games.

As a whole I've like what I've seen from the team since the meeting. If it weren't for injuries this last stretch we would probably be the 6th seed right now.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#175 » by TheStig » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:18 pm

I think the small sample size is misleading. We wouldn't be a 68 team win if Wade didn't sign here. Not that I think you suggested that. I think Jimmy just carries the entire load when Wade is out.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#176 » by Mech Engineer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:19 pm

It's a small sample size. But, except for yesterday, doesn't Wade usually take off B2B games? And, if the Bulls are winning b2b games without him, maybe they will do a lot better in games with rest/Jimmy and no Wade.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#177 » by JordansBulls » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:03 am

Bulls03 wrote:

Not really the team as a whole has stepped up lately and guys are starting to hit their shots. We've beat a Raptors team going through some problems who we always beat, a bad Hornets team, the Celtics without Bradley on the 2nd night of a back to back, and then idk the other 3 games.

As a whole I've like what I've seen from the team since the meeting. If it weren't for injuries this last stretch we would probably be the 6th seed right now.

We would be 1st or 2nd if not for the injuries.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
ShadyMoney
Junior
And1: 157

Post#178 » by ShadyMoney » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:33 am

Bump

Return to Chicago Bulls