Image ImageImage Image

Felicio role and contract going forward

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

did_ya_know000
Junior
And1: 119

Re: RE: Re: Felicio role and contract going forward 

Post#61 » by did_ya_know000 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Red8911 wrote:
DarthDiggler69 wrote:Bulls needed to give him a new contract during last offseason, now some team might slip in and steal him if his agent gets greedy and waits till next offseason

Hes a potenial starting center once he gets comfortable shooting the outside shot, he has range but doesnt use it. Other then that he's what a team player should be

No he doesn't deserve a better contract than what he has,he's just a solid bench player. I don't believe he has the potential to be a starter in this league and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Felicio is what he is,no reason to over rate the guy.

Did you watch Pau Gasol's rookie year with the Grizzlies. He looked uncoordinated and literally couldn't do anything but rebound & dunk.

Im not implying Felicio will become a hall of famer. Im only saying you got to give players time to develop. He is finally getting quality minutes. So at the end of the season you can evaluate his current and potential skill set.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Re: Felicio role and contract going forward 

Post#62 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:43 pm

I hope Felicio works on rim protection techniques. I am not sure who the big man coach is on the Bulls but obviously it is not Fred teaching him rim protection and other defensive techniques. Boylen might be the overall defense architect but it would be nice to have a special coach(they might have one) to teach Bobby/Cris big men footwork which Taj has developed wonderfully.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#63 » by kyrv » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:11 pm

sco wrote:
Red8911 wrote:I like Felicio but I also would want the bulls to target a scoring big at trade deadline.

I'm not a big fan of scoring big next to JB...the concept is nice, but more passes into a crowded paint just doesn't smell like a good use of limited $.

I agree I really think of C as a more defensive position and like Lopez and Felicio.

Really agree on the $, offensive bigs cost more so if they are bad at defense the overall impact, well as you said, money spent better elsewhere.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#64 » by GimmeDat » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:11 pm

League Circles wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
League Circles wrote:Could anyone explain what attributes indicate that Felicio can't be a starter or shouldn't be?

I'm having a hard time understanding the ceiling people are putting on him.

Limited offensive player, not a great defender and not a rim protector.

I really like him, but as a back up. He simply does not produce at a starting level, and at his age, I wouldn't expect some big break out from this point on.

Well, the first sentence is subjective, but the second part is just wrong. Felicio is one of our most productive players. Stands out in terms of PER, TS%, and some other advanced stats. He's our best rebounder by a notable margin and one of the better rebounders in the NBA the last two seasons.

I don't see how the first part is subjective.

He's a strong back up, as evidenced by those statistics, but compare him with all the starting C's in the league and notice the difference. A lot of bigs can be productive in limited minutes - Willie Reed in Miami is 13/13 per/36, Hibbert 12/8, etc.

He simply leaves a lot to be desired as a starting C. Between him and Lopez we have to contrasting C's that get the job done adequately between them.
Illyria_United
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#65 » by Illyria_United » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:12 am

The sample size is small. Personally
Would like to see a rise in his basketball IQ before I make a long term investment

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#66 » by Leslie Forman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:18 am

did_ya_know000 wrote:Did you watch Pau Gasol's rookie year with the Grizzlies. He looked uncoordinated and literally couldn't do anything but rebound & dunk.

Even rookie Pau Gasol looked like Larry goddamn Bird compared to Felicio.

Does anybody remember Jamie Feick? That's who Felicio reminds me of.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#67 » by BrooklynBulls » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:01 am

did_ya_know000 wrote:Did you watch Pau Gasol's rookie year with the Grizzlies. He looked uncoordinated and literally couldn't do anything but rebound & dunk.

Did YOU watch Pau Gasol's rookie year? The one where he put up 18/9/3 with 2 blocks?

What on EARTH are you talking about man?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#68 » by sco » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:54 pm

I just don't see any teams looking to sing Cris as a starter (or pay him like one).
:clap:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#69 » by MrSparkle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:58 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:

Did YOU watch Pau Gasol's rookie year? The one where he put up 18/9/3 with 2 blocks?

What on EARTH are you talking about man?

Lol. Honestly. Not sure what he's talking about.

Pau won rookie of the year. :lol:
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#70 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Mar 3, 2017 10:29 pm

I'm bumping this thread since there seems to be more continued talks.

I think we do resign Felicio in the offseason. Gar is also a big fan of Felicio and sounded like a proud father when people talk about how he has improved.

He is still raw but if we rebuild, Felicio should probably be the starting center and move Lopez.
The Cult of Personality
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#71 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 11:02 pm

Honestly, I can totally see a team offering hi 4/40 million without hesitation. He's only 24 and still has room to grow.

I think it would he smart of the Bulls to get a verbal agreement with him asap before someone comes in and steals him.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chrispatrick
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#72 » by chrispatrick » Fri Mar 3, 2017 11:26 pm

sco wrote:I just don't see any teams looking to sing Cris as a starter (or pay him like one).

I don't see him as anyone's target, just the kind of guy I could see cash being shoveled to when there's a bunch of cap space and nothing to do with it. The 4/40 number tossed around wouldn't shock me, though certainly his true value is far far less.

But that's today's NBA, middling players get wildly overpaid because stars are wildly underpaid. The $100M that stars should be making based on their actual values to teams ends up going to someone else thanks to this brilliant CBA.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,009

Post#73 » by vxmike » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:42 am

Anyone think the FO is limitomg his minutes to suppress his salary this summer? He's played well, and there's no reason to play him less than other much crappier youngsters (Payne, Joffrey in today's game).
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#74 » by rtblues » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:57 pm

He's slow to react and slow afoot, consistently gets beaten to 50-50 balls.
Looks a little pudgy too. He's a half-way decent back-up but I wouldn't pay him.
Can't see the upside, he's pretty much what you see is what you get.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#75 » by Rerisen » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:42 pm

He's not a defensive anchor and he can't shoot.

That's the two main things you want out of your center nowadays, at least to have one of them.

His production is ok - just another guy in the league - but I can't see him ever being as good as even Taj Gibson was in his prime.

Entirely forgettable player. Not horrible, not some promising piece for our future either.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#76 » by MGB8 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:38 pm

Rerisen wrote:He's not a defensive anchor and he can't shoot.

That's the two main things you want out of your center nowadays, at least to have one of them.

His production is ok - just another guy in the league - but I can't see him ever being as good as even Taj Gibson was in his prime.

Entirely forgettable player. Not horrible, not some promising piece for our future either.

Not sure if he can or can't shoot, but he certainly hasn't demonstrated the ability. And he's just not long enough to be a defensive anchor.

Right now, Felicio projects to a rotation player - not even a borderline starter. If he gets an offer for more than the range that guys like Kyle O'Quin, Kevin Seraphin, etc. get, then the Bulls really should not match. But it's not that likely he gets that kind of offer.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,149

Post#77 » by League Circles » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:40 pm

He's a very smart player IMO. Boxes out better than 99% of players I've ever seen. Excellent finisher. Good hands.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#78 » by Mech Engineer » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:54 pm

All I can say he is a good piece. It is not an obvious piece like a Jimmy or Rose type player. But, you don't lose talent for nothing just because he cannot do things. People keep saying ....Oh, we can find role players easily. But, the Bulls have struggled to put good role players who are unselfish, play without the ball for a long, long time.

Good role players are difficult to find as much as stars sometimes because they are unselfish, contribute and do the dirty work. Doug, Niko are prime examples of how role players are tough to find. They couldn't play any role. The Bulls couldn't find a role playing PG this year.

A role playing big like Felicio is damn important as a piece of the puzzle. You don't lose him just because you don't have a star big. When they find a star big, Felicio would still be needed and why would you want to have two problems instead of one?

He is a definitely good as a 4th big. Maybe he improves to 3rd big levels. And, that is how you build a team by keeping pieces and adding to them. Don't try to build a team from vapor. That's what expansion teams do.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,149

Post#79 » by League Circles » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:15 pm

Also you know how some people suspect that certain foreign players are older than listed?

Well, Cris looks like he's about 11 or 12 years old in the face so maybe we've got him for the next 20 years and he'll grow a few more inches.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#80 » by JimmyJammer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:20 am

There is nothing special about Felicio. He is just a fundamentally sound player who knows his limitations and respect them. I have not really seen any growth from last year to this year. If he comes in cheap we should keep him.

Return to Chicago Bulls