Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA: Playoff Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA: 2016-17 Allstar Break Edition 

Post#361 » by Axxo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
Axxo wrote:Yeah if you are going all in now you have to try and look at these kind of deals.

Lou Williams can help for 1 1/2 years on the cheap, and probably a couple of more years after that, albeit more at market price. I don't get all these teams that shrug away 2 or 3 years' worth of help because it's not forever. How long to do they think NBA teams remain together, anyway? The only guys we have left from 3 years ago are Butler and Taj, and we haven't even done a wholesale rebuild.

I think his age is what turns some teams away, but I think he'll still be productive for at least another year or two.

That's all we would need. Wade is only under contract for 1 more year if he stays.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,081

Re: Around the NBA: 2016-17 Allstar Break Edition 

Post#362 » by MrSparkle » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:15 pm

You know?

The funny thing, is that despite this sh*t-show season, if the Bulls happen to catch fire in the 1st round (particularly Rondo and MCW), we have the personnel to beat anybody.

What everybody does forget is that RoLo, Taj will show their value more in a playoff series than in the regular season.

Conversely, Isaiah, Lou W., Korver and these types become much less efficient in the playoffs.

IMO, the soft players always look worse in post-season. I'm okay with flipping Doug and Niko for more Zipser-type players, and working in the off-season on re-hauling.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#363 » by Dan Z » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Axxo wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
Lou Williams can help for 1 1/2 years on the cheap, and probably a couple of more years after that, albeit more at market price. I don't get all these teams that shrug away 2 or 3 years' worth of help because it's not forever. How long to do they think NBA teams remain together, anyway? The only guys we have left from 3 years ago are Butler and Taj, and we haven't even done a wholesale rebuild.

I think his age is what turns some teams away, but I think he'll still be productive for at least another year or two.

That's all we would need. Wade is only under contract for 1 more year if he stays.

I agree, but many people on RealGm just want to get younger because of the "potential". I understand it, but sometimes the potential never happens and other times it takes a few years for a player to get there. Right now, with Wade and Butler, we could use some players who can play now...not in three years time.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,769

Post#364 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#365 » by MC3 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

can you believe kings and spurs play in same league, same sport. I dont.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#366 » by Axxo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

I agree, but many people on RealGm just want to get younger because of the "potential". I understand it, but sometimes the potential never happens and other times it takes a few years for a player to get there. Right now, with Wade and Butler, we could use some players who can play now...not in three years time.

Right well what has this FO done recently to show that they can even get talent that will make rotation players in 3 years? They got lucky with Rose and JB. Might as well build around him now instead of relying on their "drafting ability" :crazy:
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#367 » by Dan Z » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Axxo wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Right well what has this FO done recently to show that they can even get talent that will make rotation players in 3 years? They got lucky with Rose and JB. Might as well build around him now instead of relying on their "drafting ability" :crazy:

Was JB luck? 21 teams passed him up before the Bulls took him.

As for Rose I agree with you, but you still have to make the right choice. The problem is he got hurt and his attitude started to show through.

I agree with you though...they haven't drafted a solid to good player in awhile. I still have faith in them that they will, but I never liked how conservative they tend to be.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#368 » by Axxo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

As for Rose I agree with you, but you still have to make the right choice. The problem is he got hurt and his attitude started to show through.

I agree with you though...they haven't drafted a solid to good player in awhile. I still have faith in them that they will, but I never liked how conservative they tend to be.

I get you.

I like the Bogie trade for the Wizards. That's a huge pick up for them.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#369 » by Dan Z » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Axxo wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Axxo wrote:

I get you.

I like the Bogie trade for the Wizards. That's a huge pick up for them.

It'll be sad if quality players are getting traded and we just sit around doing nothing. "We like our players and think we can improve internally". Barf.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#370 » by Dan Z » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:52 am

I guess we could've got Ilyasova if we wanted him.

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Axxo
Analyst

Post#371 » by Axxo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 am

Bojan got flipped for value. Ersan was flipped at least 3 separate times for value/pieces. We can't get not 1 deal for Niko.... I think that says enough about his value. What his stats are they're obviously meaningless.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#372 » by kyrv » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:32 am

MrSparkle wrote:You know?

The funny thing, is that despite this sh*t-show season, if the Bulls happen to catch fire in the 1st round (particularly Rondo and MCW), we have the personnel to beat anybody.

What everybody does forget is that RoLo, Taj will show their value more in a playoff series than in the regular season.

Conversely, Isaiah, Lou W., Korver and these types become much less efficient in the playoffs.

IMO, the soft players always look worse in post-season. I'm okay with flipping Doug and Niko for more Zipser-type players, and working in the off-season on re-hauling.

You are right. Korver was bashed here big time because he was easily marginalized in the playoffs.

This team *can* play well. That's true of most teams and especially .500-ish teams.

Of course Bulls could also get swept. But if they can avoid the 8 seed I agree they have a shot.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#373 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 am

Read on Twitter
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#374 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:36 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Clearly I'm not a Kings fan, and I dislike that FO more than GarPax.

How those guys don't get punched in the face everyday Is beyond me.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#375 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:56 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's the one thing I never get. This guy keeps getting traded left and right but he always seems like a decent player to me. Maybe its because he always kills the Bulls.
The Cult of Personality
AirP.
RealGM

Post#376 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:59 am

Oh how I like having multiple screens at home, got tweetdeck up on one of them with 5 columns going.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#377 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:13 am

Read on Twitter

lol
Axxo
Analyst

Post#378 » by Axxo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:47 pm

The Raps got PJ tucker for Sullinger and 2nd rnd picks.... oh man, must be nice to have a good GM.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,249

Post#379 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Toronto did well this trade deadline, gearing up to take a shot at the champs.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Axxo
Analyst

Post#380 » by Axxo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Toronto did well this trade deadline, gearing up to take a shot at the champs.

Sure did... :hoop:

Return to Chicago Bulls