Image ImageImage Image

creative ways to drop wade(get him to opt out)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Re: creative ways to drop wade(get him to opt out) 

Post#41 » by Chi town » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Make it clear to him that he'll be the 6th man. This shouldn't even be a bluff either.

What I've been saying for 4 months. He should t b playing more than 20mpg.
rowseyna
Veteran
And1: 864

Post#42 » by rowseyna » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:01 pm

I'm cool with keeping him. He's still a very good player. I'd tell him that if he opts in though, he'll be coming off the bench next year as our 6th Man. If he's cool with that, come on back. If not, see ya.

Patty Mills/Rondo/Payne/Jawun Evans
J.J. Redick/Wade/Grant
Butler/C.J. Miles/Valentine
Mirotic/Portis/Zipser
Lopez/Ivan Rabb
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Re: RE: Re: creative ways to drop wade(get him to opt out) 

Post#43 » by ThreeMileAllan » Mon May 1, 2017 6:29 am

Rerisen wrote:Yeah he's not going to renegotiate unless we give him substantially more money over the longer haul, which would require each year still being pretty hefty. Because I'm sure he thinks he can get another (if smaller) deal even after next season from somewhere.

So it doesn't really do you any good to give Wade say 15m for three years vs 24m one year, because while he might go for it, then you'll be hamstringing yourself for 3 years with a player who isn't worth it and is worth it less and less each year as he keeps getting older.

Its only worth it if him renegotiating allows us to land two big players. Its really too bad tje cba doesbt allow for management to get creative by frontloading or backloading deals

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Re: RE: Re: creative ways to drop wade(get him to opt out) 

Post#44 » by ThreeMileAllan » Mon May 1, 2017 6:35 am

rowseyna wrote:I'm cool with keeping him. He's still a very good player. I'd tell him that if he opts in though, he'll be coming off the bench next year as our 6th Man. If he's cool with that, come on back. If not, see ya.

Patty Mills/Rondo/Payne/Jawun Evans
J.J. Redick/Wade/Grant
Butler/C.J. Miles/Valentine
Mirotic/Portis/Zipser
Lopez/Ivan Rabb

Yes I like that roster. I also would not mind Ibaka in place of Lopez and Niko

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,811

Post#45 » by kulaz3000 » Mon May 1, 2017 6:37 am

The chances of him leaving the amount of money on his option is slim to none. That said, the option of renegotiating a new contract which could cover for that amount over a longer period of time, with a little extra on time to give the Bulls more wiggle room to get more capable players on the roster, I could see him going for it.

If we sign him to a 3 year 14 million per contract, I think it's something he could consider.
Why so serious?
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#46 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon May 1, 2017 6:44 am

Wade is very popular among NBA fans in general. He is still at #11 in jersey sales ahead of Derrick Rose.

Wade AND Bulls leadership both care immensely about things like that. Li-Ning would be so happy to have Dwayne in a market like Chicago.
For love, not money.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#47 » by Bandit King » Mon May 1, 2017 2:56 pm

Steel Pipe to the legs!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#48 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon May 1, 2017 3:16 pm

After that lackluster playoff performance, he's killed his value around the league. If he had just ONE of those typical Wade playoff performances, we'd maybe still be playing and talking about how key having savvy playoff vets are. He left MIA over money so he sure as heck isn't gonna leave any on the table now!

Would net Pat Riley to step in and do something crazy to get him to go back to MIA.....
Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#49 » by Bulls03 » Mon May 1, 2017 4:13 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Doesn't it make the most sense to trade him for Melo - rebooting the experiment basically with a better shooter with a little more left in the tank offensively?

Yep. The Knicks might do that, because they would shave one year off their contract obligations. But we would need to think long and hard if we want Melo for 2 full years.

Melo won't accept that if Wade isn't on the Bulls.
Fl_Flash
Starter
And1: 376

Post#50 » by Fl_Flash » Mon May 1, 2017 4:27 pm

Trade Butler. Even then, I don't think Wade leaves that kind of money on the table. He knows he's got next year to earn WAY more than his actual value and then after that, he can retire, ring chase or do whatever he pleases.

Let's face it folks - Wade is here for one more year. Like it or not.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#51 » by AirP. » Mon May 1, 2017 4:42 pm

DuckIII wrote:The only way he opts out is if he just absolutely hates it here and wants to uber-ring-chase in San Antonio or something.

Won't happen. He's all ours for one more season.

Why opt out? Why not opt in and ask for a buyout allowing Chicago to save 5-10 million? Why would Wade sign a 2 year deal for 24 a year last year and just ring chase after 1 year? If he isn't bought out he could have a lot of injuries all season long to stay fresh for next year.

Still think team banana boat is in play. 2018 - Wade signs in Cleveland, CP3 can be traded 1 year after signing a super max for Irving and filler and Cleveland could always trade Love for Melo wherever he's at.
Bulls03
General Manager

Post#52 » by Bulls03 » Mon May 1, 2017 6:31 pm

Whatever great ideas you come up with, make sure you get Wade on a contender so you can see his true worth while Chicago fans will be watching the draft lottery as opposed to the playoffs.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,310

Post#53 » by Stratmaster » Mon May 1, 2017 7:09 pm

Meh...you can tell him he will be coming off the bench. That's my only idea...but he likely still opts in and then you have the (even more) disgruntled entitled former hall of fame caliber player issue to deal with.

The bulls brought him in to try to keep the team competitive while they rebuild over 2 seasons. I think we need to focus on what other moves they make with our eyes on the season after next.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,310

Post#54 » by Stratmaster » Mon May 1, 2017 7:10 pm

Bulls03 wrote:Whatever great ideas you come up with, make sure you get Wade on a contender so you can see his true worth while Chicago fans will be watching the draft lottery as opposed to the playoffs.

:) You mean we didn't see his true worth in the playoffs this year? How many games did he win us?
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#55 » by League Circles » Mon May 1, 2017 7:38 pm

Yeah I'd casually tell him in meetings that he might be used to lead the 2nd unit depending on who we get. I truly would do that.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#56 » by Lauri_Legend » Mon May 1, 2017 7:40 pm

Trading him is the easiest way.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
Bulls03
General Manager

Post#57 » by Bulls03 » Mon May 1, 2017 10:27 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Bulls03 wrote:Whatever great ideas you come up with, make sure you get Wade on a contender so you can see his true worth while Chicago fans will be watching the draft lottery as opposed to the playoffs.

:) You mean we didn't see his true worth in the playoffs this year? How many games did he win us?

He closed game 2 out and had a big game 5. Hard to carry a bunch of scrubs to playoff wins though. You can't even say there was a game Jimmy won
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#58 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue May 2, 2017 7:55 am

Wade unlike other superstars, strikes me as someone who can understand his role as he ages.

If I were Fred, I'd call Wade and tell him to pick a 5 man unit and lead it. Have Wade be responsible for outperforming the starting units.
For love, not money.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#59 » by Proven_Winner » Tue May 2, 2017 12:45 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:Wade unlike other superstars, strikes me as someone who can understand his role as he ages.

If I were Fred, I'd call Wade and tell him to pick a 5 man unit and lead it. Have Wade be responsible for outperforming the starting units.

I used to think that but I'm not sure any former superstar or high tier star even entertains the idea of coming the bench unless they can see it truly helping the team. Even if we throw Wade in the bench we still suck so even he accepted it he would start complaining after a few losses.
rowseyna
Veteran
And1: 864

Post#60 » by rowseyna » Tue May 2, 2017 1:50 pm

All we have to do is blow it up and Wade will opt out. Trade Jimmy, don't pickup Rondo's option, let Niko walk, try to trade RoLo... Wade ain't coming back to a team with no Jimmy or Rondo...

Return to Chicago Bulls