Image ImageImage Image

For Twolves-Bulls games, who will you root for?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Who will you root for?

Timberwolves
56%
Bulls
44%

Total votes: 63

BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Re: For Twolves-Bulls games, who will you root for? 

Post#41 » by BR0D1E86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:05 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:I'm searching for answers. I don't want to leave the Bulls. How do I justify staying?

I'm going through this same existential fan crisis right now. I don't live in Chicago anymore and I don't enjoy watching them play. They're a boring team, and they got rid of my favorite player. I think the young guys they brought in last year (Payne, Grant, MCW) were terrible and I hate the FO. I'm not sure why I'm punishing myself. I like you guys so I suppose that's sort of why I'm here.

If we all randomly decided to be Wolves fans or something, I think we'd all be significantly happier.

I don't live in Chicago either, but my local team is the Nuggets and I can't stand their stupid powder blue uniforms. And I'm not picking some other random team, either. I'm sticking it out.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#42 » by BR0D1E86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:06 pm

Jimako10 wrote:Someone posted on the GB about who has a better big 3 than Butler - KAT - Wiggins.

The 3 obvious ones are

Durant-Curry-Klay(or Green),

LeBron-Kyrie-Love

Rondo - Wade - Lopez

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using RealGM mobile app

To this point in his career, Wiggins is massively overrated. He's not good enough to be considered part of any "big 3." He's an inefficient volume scorer who doesn't create assists or rebounds and is a very poor defender. He's got to improve an awful, awful lot to get to be a good NBA player.
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#43 » by Trm3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 pm

I've been a Bulls fan since '89..nothing changes. To root for some other team cause guys get traded means ur a sorry ass bandwagon fan.

I may not watch many games this season but I will still pay attention to what scores are and what signings and what deals we do even make but I'm not rooting for another team.

I will root for Jimmy as a player. I can't help but have respect for a guy that worked his ass to be what he is today. I am so gonna miss him.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#44 » by Evil_Headband » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Like every year I will root for them to do well and want them to win each game. That said, there is an obvious silver lining in a loss.

One of the problems I have with hoping for them to do very poorly is that will mean several of the players are not excelling. Would you prefer Dunn to be terrible and win only 20 games, or for Dunn to play much better and win 30 games? (I'm not saying he alone could be responsible for a 10 game swing but you get my point.)
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#45 » by Shootdabull » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Always root for the Bulls, unless it is late in the season and it means we will lose a ping pong ball.
snowyseven
Junior
And1: 49

Post#46 » by snowyseven » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:37 pm

well Bulls have still slipped to 4th favorite team until I see progress, the rebuild was absolutely thing to do but will be routing for bulls to lose as many games as possible although will still root for them over Cleveland and OKC which I don't consider a team.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#47 » by ChettheJet » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Maybe you kids are too young to remember that when Mike Ditka became coach of the New Orleans Saints there was a big loud bandwagon of people who were going to root for the Saints. It didn;t lastlong.

I don't have a Thibs or Jimmy Buckets tattoo, they were here, they're gone I move on with the guys in the red white and black.
Zipserino
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#48 » by Zipserino » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Maybe it's because I'm italian, but rooting against your team, to me, it's unthinkable.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#49 » by transplant » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Seriously?

For the record, I will NEVER root for another NBA team over the Bulls. It is theoretically possible that I will tune the NBA out entirely, but I don't see that happening.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,782

Post#50 » by NZB2323 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Maybe you kids are too young to remember that when Mike Ditka became coach of the New Orleans Saints there was a big loud bandwagon of people who were going to root for the Saints. It didn;t lastlong.

I don't have a Thibs or Jimmy Buckets tattoo, they were here, they're gone I move on with the guys in the red white and black.

Mike Ditka wasn't even the best coach on the 85 Bears, and the Bears didn't trade their best player to the Saints for 40 cents on the dollar.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Post#51 » by jc23 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Bulls is my answer in normal situations, but seeing as we are in tank mode I think losing is the answer a dedicated fan should give.

I like the wolves team but don't care about the franchise in the slightest, they have been one of the worse teams over the last 13 years he or so but I do hope thibs and jimmy help,them change that. It's basically the Minnesota Bulls over there now.
Be curious, Not judgmental
t-time
RealGM
And1: 1,794

Post#52 » by t-time » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:40 pm

The tank years of 1998-2003 were brutal at times... I was a lot younger though and I had faith in Krause. 2002/03 when the Baby Bulls started coming together at the end of the season was way more enjoyable than seeing the team the last two years slow walk their way to 40 wins a season.

Having said that I have no faith in Forman or Pax. They are dinosaurs, and seem to make things up as they go along. I am disappointed in Pax who seemed like the honest guy when he took over after Krause... he now seems to have evolved into another Gar.
RitchieD
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#53 » by RitchieD » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:44 pm

I will root for Twolves because I want the Bulls to lose as many games as possible because I want the best chance at the #1 overall pick!
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Post#54 » by jc23 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:45 pm

I would like to go to the first wolves game and give jimmy a thank you for keeping us afloat the las few years.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#55 » by Trm3 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:15 am

jc23 wrote:I would like to go to the first wolves game and give jimmy a thank you for keeping us afloat the las few years.

Not a bad idea..I live in Phoenix though but maybe I could go to a Suns/Timberwolves game and let him know how much respect as a Bulls fan I had.

Tickets should be real easy to get for that here in Phoenix.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: RE: Re: For Twolves-Bulls games, who will you root for? 

Post#56 » by kyrv » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:15 am

Rerisen wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Next year I'm rooting for the other team every time. We're tanking now, boys.

Right. Duh!

Ya I wasn't sure if it was a trick question.

Lebron, Knicks...will be weird! But come beat us ya'll!!
Minalt
Analyst
And1: 1,140

Post#57 » by Minalt » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:17 am

HomoSapien wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:I'm searching for answers. I don't want to leave the Bulls. How do I justify staying?

I'm going through this same existential fan crisis right now. I don't live in Chicago anymore and I don't enjoy watching them play. They're a boring team, and they got rid of my favorite player. I think the young guys they brought in last year (Payne, Grant, MCW) were terrible and I hate the FO. I'm not sure why I'm punishing myself. I like you guys so I suppose that's sort of why I'm here.

If we all randomly decided to be Wolves fans or something, I think we'd all be significantly happier.

Don't leave us. Not at a time like this. :cry:
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,782

Post#58 » by NZB2323 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Minalt wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Don't leave us. Not at a time like this. :cry:

None of us would get left behind if we all became Timberwolves fans. The only ones who would get left behind are GarPax and Rein$dorf.

Return to Chicago Bulls