Image ImageImage Image

ESPN: Blair bad knees and Derozan guarantee

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Re: ESPN: Blair bad knees and Derozan guarantee 

Post#21 » by Ben » Thu Jun 4, 2009 10:40 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:In regards to the Raptors picking DeRozan, I think it's another step to prepare for the lose of Bosh. They need a player that can bring excitment back to Toronto, and I'm guessing that though they realize that DeRozan may not make an impact right away, the fact that he'll provide the occasional highlight dunks while he progesses will be enough to continue the Raptors fans to come to games.

It's a step to keep Bosh. How does getting a good player mean you're preparing yourself to lose another..... I said in the Bosh thread that Bosh having Marion, Bargs and Calderon is a good enough team to win some games and by adding Derozan to that helps more....

Bargs came into his own and Calderon missed some games and signs point to keeping Marion....

Toronto will do everything in their power to keep Bosh and landing Derozan a high flying exciting player could help their case

That's how I would read it as well. Toronto's biggest weakness is SG, anyway. So they're making a promise to one of the most intriguing young SG prospects. Shocker!

Signs that they might be preparing to lose Bosh would include drafting a PF.
Grand Champ
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Grand Champ » Thu Jun 4, 2009 10:45 pm

pass on the overweight midget.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#23 » by TB#1 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 10:53 pm

Grand.Champ wrote:pass on the overweight midget.

The hoi poloi have spoken. Image deleted.

Check yourself, dude. You don't want a piece of this whompin' on you.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#24 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:01 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:In regards to the Raptors picking DeRozan, I think it's another step to prepare for the lose of Bosh. They need a player that can bring excitment back to Toronto, and I'm guessing that though they realize that DeRozan may not make an impact right away, the fact that he'll provide the occasional highlight dunks while he progesses will be enough to continue the Raptors fans to come to games.

It's a step to keep Bosh. How does getting a good player mean you're preparing yourself to lose another..... I said in the Bosh thread that Bosh having Marion, Bargs and Calderon is a good enough team to win some games and by adding Derozan to that helps more....

Bargs came into his own and Calderon missed some games and signs point to keeping Marion....

Toronto will do everything in their power to keep Bosh and landing Derozan a high flying exciting player could help their case

Yeah, I understand that. But he is still considered a project. I don't see him making a significant impact until about 2-3 seasons in the league. If I'm the Raptors management and I really want to keep Bosh, I'd trade the picks and whomever to acquire another good player, as opposed to picking a rookie that won't help and with another struggling season Bosh will be out anyways.

So I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that they will be picking incase of losing Bosh for a guy that can fill seats in the future. It's a good marketable pick as well.
Why so serious?
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#25 » by boogydown » Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:11 pm

Blair is our guy. We need to move up for him with our #26.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#26 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:26 pm

We need people to make a few more posts on this thread, particularly on this page, so we can bypass that hideous photo of that big naked man. It's just not right.
Why so serious?
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#27 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:26 pm

There's no way that seeing that fat midget's giblets is in the TOS. By a mod no less. For shame.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#28 » by TB#1 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:29 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:There's no way that seeing that fat midget's giblets is in the TOS. By a mod no less. For shame.

That isn't even REMOTELY clear side-giblet. But in the interest of caution, bye bye funny fat midget picture.

I have been policed and I will submit peacefully.

Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#29 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:37 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
maq25060 wrote:i think brandon roy's knees were red flagged as well

Didn't LaMarcus also have injury concerns as well? Or was that some other player?

I understand there were concerns about LaMarcus - which led the Bulls to pass on him. I dont know the exact reason, but the Bulls brass would have known.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#30 » by MAQ » Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:44 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
maq25060 wrote:i think brandon roy's knees were red flagged as well

Didn't LaMarcus also have injury concerns as well? Or was that some other player?

I understand there were concerns about LaMarcus - which led the Bulls to pass on him. I dont know the exact reason, but the Bulls brass would have known.

i've had a lot of texas longhorn fans as friends over the years but i dont remember exactly what the issue was with lamarcus

i do know he had hip surgery as a freshman in college and there was always concern when it came to that situation. i do believe he had knee issues as well while in college and maybe a heart condition too...im really not positive about anything outside of the hip injury
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
JeremyB0001
General Manager
And1: 810

Post#31 » by JeremyB0001 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:00 am

I like the strategy of going high-risk-high-reward with mid to late first round picks. The most obvious way of doing that is going with a high upside player who also has considerable bust potential (Mullins, Daye, etc.) but going with a player who falls due to health concerns is another way to do that.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,746

Post#32 » by dougthonus » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:26 am

DeRozan isn't ready to contribute right away most likely, that's why it's not a step to keep Bosh.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#33 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:40 am

dougthonus wrote:

DeRozan isn't ready to contribute right away most likely, that's why it's not a step to keep Bosh.

It's no way a sign of them moving on with Bosh either, which was my main point.

You don't look at them drafting Derozan and think this means there looking at life without Bosh...
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,605
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#34 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:46 am

LaMarcus had plantar fasciitis and missed a couple games, and his heart problem came while he was in the NBA, and the problem was fixed from what I remember. Otherwise, I don't remember him having any significant injuries while at Texas, and I'm a pretty big Horns fan.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#35 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:51 am

mlitney01 wrote:LaMarcus had plantar fasciitis and missed a couple games, and his heart problem came while he was in the NBA, and the problem was fixed from what I remember. Otherwise, I don't remember him having any significant injuries while at Texas, and I'm a pretty big Horns fan.

Did you miss the hip injury that sidelined him for half of his freshman year? Big horns fan huh.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#36 » by kyrv » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:55 am

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
mlitney01 wrote:LaMarcus had plantar fasciitis and missed a couple games, and his heart problem came while he was in the NBA, and the problem was fixed from what I remember. Otherwise, I don't remember him having any significant injuries while at Texas, and I'm a pretty big Horns fan.

Did you miss the hip injury that sidelined him for half of his freshman year? Big horns fan huh.

Big fan, but doesn't necessarily follow the team closely. :)
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#37 » by DJhitek » Fri Jun 5, 2009 2:51 am

Ralphb07 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

It's no way a sign of them moving on with Bosh either, which was my main point.

You don't look at them drafting Derozan and think this means there looking at life without Bosh...

I disagree, them drafting a player that isn't ready to contribute right away isn't something you do to save grace with Bosh. You trade the pick and get some help for him and hope you convince him that your going to build a winner there.

The move might not mean nothing more than taking who you think will be the best player in this draft who was available. But I don't view it either way and I think no matter what Toronto does Bosh wants to opt out.
fatboy1111
Senior
And1: 5

Post#38 » by fatboy1111 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 3:03 am

tyler would have scored 20 plus on blair..............pass on sweetney #2
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Post#39 » by Ben » Fri Jun 5, 2009 3:36 am

fatboy1111 wrote:tyler would have scored 20 plus on blair..............pass on sweetney #2

Against UConn, with Thabeet and Jeff Adrien, Blair put up 22 points and 23 rebounds. Thabeet had 5 and 4 on 1-5 shooting and 5 fouls. And Thabeet seems to be regarded way above Hansbrough.

And by the way, the problem with Sweetney was not his talent level. It was his inability to stop eating. Blair has taken off weight already; if he can keep it off, he won't be in the Sweetney category.
bdiddy04
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#40 » by bdiddy04 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 3:42 am

If Blair had both of his legs amputated he'd still be a better player than Tyler.
Luol Deng's contract is a cancer eating at the Bulls.

Return to Chicago Bulls