Image Image Image Image

He's No Peavy, but Castro's a nice pickup.

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,238

He's No Peavy, but Castro's a nice pickup. 

Post#1 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 30, 2009 5:21 pm

He's a great clubhouse guy. Very well liked and the team will miss him.

Jerry Manuel (mets manager), never liked this guy much and the mets were shopping him in March and looking to sign Pudge.

Castro is a good hitting, poor fielding catcher with some pop in his bat and I think he's a more than respectible back up catcher. One of the knocks on him is his poor conditioning and that he is prone to injury, but he lost weight this off season and he's had no health issues so far this year.

His nickname is Shrek.

Nice little pickup by your team. Mets did the trade out of necessity, with Schneider back, we had 3 catchers.
Go NY Go NY Go
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Re: He's No Peavy, but Castro's a nice pickup. 

Post#2 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jun 1, 2009 3:29 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:He's a great clubhouse guy. Very well liked and the team will miss him.

Jerry Manuel (mets manager), never liked this guy much and the mets were shopping him in March and looking to sign Pudge.

Castro is a good hitting, poor fielding catcher with some pop in his bat and I think he's a more than respectible back up catcher. One of the knocks on him is his poor conditioning and that he is prone to injury, but he lost weight this off season and he's had no health issues so far this year.

His nickname is Shrek.

Nice little pickup by your team. Mets did the trade out of necessity, with Schneider back, we had 3 catchers.

Thanks for the info. The papers around here said he was good defensively - stating his 42% in throwing out base runners. They are also thinking this maybe a stop gap for us assuming we trade AJ. We have a catcher in the minors (flowers) that should be ready next year.

Lance can be a hit or miss for you. I was up for him being our fifth starter, when Jose couldn't get anybody out. Two years ago he was our third best prospect but had a so so year last year. He has talent but has yet to prove anything. Sometimes a change of scenery will do a pitcher some good.

Return to Chicago White Sox