Image Image Image Image

With Apologies to Scott Podsednik

transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

With Apologies to Scott Podsednik 

Post#1 » by transplant » Mon Jun 1, 2009 6:58 pm

When I heard that the Sox had signed Scotty Pods to a minor league contract, for me it was the ultimate "meh." Truth is that I had given up on Pods in '06. The fact that he was back in the Sox organization didn't really matter. I didn't figure we'd see Podsednik at the Cell except for the eventual '05 reunions.

When they brought him up this season, it had the smell of desperation. I feared that it would be sad seeing a guy who played such a big part of my fondest baseball season re-expose the weaknesses we that were all to clear after that magical '05.

I was wrong. He never was great and he ain't now, but he's been a catalyst in the team's resurgence of late. For the most part, what he gives the team doesn't show up in the box score, but he's still a gamer. He's aggressive to the point of recklessness, but this seems to be something the team needed.

So, I'm sorry Scotty Pods and welcome back.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
MeatWad0
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: With Apologies to Scott Podsednik 

Post#2 » by MeatWad0 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 7:06 pm

He's played well lately
captainD
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: With Apologies to Scott Podsednik 

Post#3 » by captainD » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:01 am

He's played well, but can he stay consistent (and healthy) for the rest of the year. Pods is a solid, but he isn't a great basestealer nor is he really fast...which is why he gets caught stealing too much. With that said...he's better than anything else the say could put in the leadoff spot, so thanks Pods and good luck.

Return to Chicago White Sox