ImageImageImageImage

Cabrera Breaks Arm

FordPrefect
Ballboy
And1: 0

Cabrera Breaks Arm 

Post#1 » by FordPrefect » Tue May 18, 2010 11:41 am

And Donald seems overwhelmingly likely to take his spot.

My fear is that Acta uses this to put Grudzielanek in the leadoff spot.
DavidMcGr
Freshman

Re: Cabrera Breaks Arm 

Post#2 » by DavidMcGr » Tue May 18, 2010 1:26 pm

My fear is that Acta plays Grudz everyday while neither Donald nor Valbuena get to play everyday.

With that said, wouldn't be nice to see an everyday lineup as follows:

Sizemore
Hafner
Peralta
Choo
Laporta/Kearns
Branyan/Laporta
Donald
Valbuena
Marson

Shame that Grudz, Kearns and Branyan will be more solid fixtures, keeping Donald, Valbuena and Laporat out, and that whenever Marte comes back he'll never find his way in.
http://sabrtribe.blogspot.com - Someday I'll have more time and write something with substance again.
FordPrefect
Ballboy

Post#3 » by FordPrefect » Tue May 18, 2010 1:43 pm

I can assure you we will not be seeing Hafner in the two spot and Peralta in the three spot.

Anyways, the next couple weeks are going to be boring as hell until Santana arrives.

Your lineup does underscore one point I made regarding Branyan originally: there is room for either Branyan or Kearns to play regularly. Instead we're dicking around with both of them and moving LaPorta in and out of the lineup irregularly. Oh well.
DavidMcGr
Freshman

Post#4 » by DavidMcGr » Tue May 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Yes and no in terms of Kearns/Branyan. I think Kearns can rack up a few more regular ABs by playing standard 4th OFier duties (covering for Sizemore and Choo) and Hafner isn't going to play everyday which opens up DH for Laporta/Branyan (and Kearns as well). I think we could play Laporta 5 games a week while stilling getting 4 games a week or so for Kearns and Branyan - the important thing is to not bench Laporta though.
http://sabrtribe.blogspot.com - Someday I'll have more time and write something with substance again.
Lando12
Freshman

Post#5 » by Lando12 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 pm

DavidMcGr wrote:My fear is that Acta plays Grudz everyday while neither Donald nor Valbuena get to play everyday.

To top things off, there is not another MIF on the 40 man, unless you include Peralta. A demotion for Valbuena may not be possible. Without the option of AAA, I find it unlikely that Valbuena plays everyday at any point this season.
The lines are drawn, the orders are in, the Dance Commander's ready to sin. Radio message from HQ: Dance Commander, we love you
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#6 » by craig01 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Tough break last night.

Hope for a healthy recovery
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability

Return to Cleveland Indians