ImageImageImageImage

Helton

DenverDominance
Ballboy
And1: 0

Helton 

Post#1 » by DenverDominance » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:16 pm

If our season continues like it is right now, do you guys see us trading Helton before the deadline?
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by lpsevier » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:09 pm

The Braves offer Craig Wilson and a sack of marbles.

I think JS could pull it off.
Omoneyman0
Freshman

Post#3 » by Omoneyman0 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:49 pm

If we continue to lose games and he keeps hitting like he is, then yes I see us trading him before the deadline. I don't agree with that, I think we should atleast give it the whole season, but who knows.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#4 » by MHZ » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:21 pm

I want him gone. I don't care who we get.
proscout
Junior
And1: 21

Post#5 » by proscout » Wed May 9, 2007 5:05 am

listen, i love helton, but with the owners we have, we aren't going anywhere unless we get rid of him. if we trade him away, then he'd be the last BIG salary we have, and we'd be able to "start fresh" a process of keeping our guys, but keeping them all on above avg. salaries, but nothing as huge as helton's (i.e. holliday). and from what they've said about Ian Stewart playing third (and atkins going back to his original position of 1st), trading helton is something i've convinced myself that might be the best thing for the team (as sad as that makes me).

i'd rather find a way to keep him and get rid of the owners instead though!! then we could keep his big salary and maybe get owners that wouldn't mind spending a little bit. but that's not likely, but i can dream, right?
2004RedSox
Sophomore

Post#6 » by 2004RedSox » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:24 pm

I would agree that he is the last Big Money player, but would that leave the Rockies in a huge "slump" for not just the rest of the season, but for quite some time?

Helton has his bad days, but he sure can play one H*** of a game most of the time.

Not to mention the huge fan base he has at Coors Field
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#7 » by Griff83 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:48 pm

If I were the Rockies id hold onto him, this team is one pitcher away from being a contender in the NL.
proscout
Junior
And1: 21

Post#8 » by proscout » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:13 am

I think Helton's walkoff homerun in game 2 of the double-header vs the Dodgers was one of the best moments in Rockies history. Holliday jumping up and down as he ran around the bases and Helton showing so much emotion for one of the few times ever, it was just such a great moment. And while it may be too little too late for this year, it's nice to keep our slim hopes alive, and to show what we can do next year with another pitcher or two.

I also read an article today about trying to teach Ian Stewart to play 2B so that we don't HAVE to trade either Atkins or Helton, and I think that would be nice if it works out. Although, I do like having a speedy second baseman like we have right now, and I don't think Stewart would offer that. But we'll see what happens. Here's to hoping we can win tomorrow afternoon with Ubaldo on the mount and sweep a 4 game series vs the Dodgers, and then we'd pretty much have to sweep 3 games in San Diego. So let's do what we gotta do and take one game at a time and see what happens.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#9 » by Griff83 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:02 pm

Again like I said this team is on the brink of something really special, add another solid rotation pitcher and get Matsui/Tavares healthy and im convinced this team wins its division next season. Tulo is a supserstar in the making and that lineup is a menace to pitch too, just no easy outs. Not many teams can put together this many good hitters in a row.

Tulo/Holliday/Helton/Hawpe/Atkins

Return to Colorado Rockies