ImageImageImageImage

Holliday trade talk

MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Holliday trade talk 

Post#1 » by MHZ » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:34 pm

With the miserable season the Rox are having, and with Holliday becoming a FA after next year, there's a lot of talk about whether they look to deal him either this summer, the offseason, or next summer.

The ownership here is notorious for being cheap as hell, and it's unfortunate. The flip-side argument is that Holliday is 27, and locking him up for a long time will have similar consequences to Helton.

What are the thoughts on potentially trading Holliday?
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,247

Re: Holliday trade talk 

Post#2 » by RRFB » Sat Jul 5, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm thinking we'll hold on to him, but it wouldn't surprise me if hes either traded or not re-signed. We do have Spilborghs and Podsednik to fill his place but our lineup definitely looks weaker with him missing.

Atkins, who is playing very well this season(both offensively and defensively) got a nice long contract this past offseason and Tulo got a massive extension as well (but with the way hes hitting this year, I'm hoping that wasn't a mistake) so maybe they'll fork over enough to keep Holliday.

Todd has a pretty large contract and hasn't been playing up to his standards this year, so maybe trading him could free up some money.

Return to Colorado Rockies