ImageImageImageImage

5 Moves Detroit Should Make Before the Deadline

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: 5 Moves Detroit Should Make Before the Deadline 

Post#2 » by chrbal » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:40 am

1 is trade for Brad Penny, I'm sorry Ryan Dempster.
2 is trade for wandy rodriguez, not a horrible idea
3 is to bring back Polanco. But hes doing fairly good for the Phillies, so i don't see why they would.
4 is to get Marco Scutaro. So far it basically seems like the person who wrote this article, googled "tigers rumors"
5 is to get Carlos Lee. If the tigers could swap Delmon for him, I would say go for it.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#3 » by kellmellus50 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 pm

They have to get more hitters in order to make a run.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#4 » by TSE » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:43 am

kellmellus50 wrote:They have to get more hitters in order to make a run.

Ironically that's actually our biggest problem of the last decade or so, at least from a player-material standpoint. But I get what you are saying. The truth is we need to get better quality hitters, what we have a problem with is we effectively have an infinite supply of non-qualified hitters from a high-end categorical standpoint. If we could trade anybody for anything it would effectively be free material since we are too homogenous in talent level from best player to least valuable player in the system. We are skewed with a not so very strategic blend. Dombrowski has in a sense been getting too much quantity and not enough potency. And then he takes an expensive half-measure by overpaying Fielder far beyond his absolute and proportional worth; it's a half-measure because he left us short of a hugely efficient breakeven point that we would have been able to enjoy if we followed with further complementary moves.

So right idea but careful on how you word it; the technicality is very important because it's that ever so misalignment that can take a perfect path into a derailment or an unnecessarily long trip. It's this same time of oversight that applies to DD's logic of how he evaluates the worth of a given player that created this whole mess to begin with, so pardon that I'm a bit sensitive here. ;)
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#5 » by Manocad » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

1. Trade Ryan Rayburn for a bag of chips.

I find it disgusting that he ever starts a major league baseball game.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,016

Post#6 » by Snakebites » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Yeah...

He's simply awful. They keep playing him in hopes that he'll get hot like he has in the past, but he's just a terrible, terrible baseball player.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#7 » by Liqourish » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Hearing rumblings of the yankees discussing Cano. He could fill a huge hole at 2B for us. What would it take? Would it be worth it?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#8 » by ajaX82 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Liqourish wrote:Hearing rumblings of the yankees discussing Cano. He could fill a huge hole at 2B for us. What would it take? Would it be worth it?

It would take a ton. I think he is one of the best hitters in the game and I don't think we have the right pieces to do it
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#9 » by Lionlifer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Liqourish wrote:Hearing rumblings of the yankees discussing Cano. He could fill a huge hole at 2B for us. What would it take? Would it be worth it?

I heard the discussions were about his extension before he hits the market, didn't know they were thinking of moving him...
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#10 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Raburn batting second again in tigers line up,he must have something on leland.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#11 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:04 pm

The Tigers need to trade Delmon Young his contract is up and we need his space in the line-up for Dirks .At the end of year were going to let him go anyways so we should get something for him right now before the trade deadline.

Return to Detroit Tigers