ImageImageImageImage

Post season

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Post season 

Post#21 » by ajaX82 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:11 am

Lionlifer wrote:Peralta is gone, Nick will be replacing him next season more than likely.

Hopefully Rondon can show something at move to closer, so Benoit can go back to the setup man role.

I think the mismanagement of Miggy's injury really hurt us this post season, he just wasn't the same.....

I also think Castellanos is more than likely playing LF next year. We could use a super-sub/speed guy that plays all three OF spots...a little guy that steals bases and plays great D. No more Don Kelly please.

I'm still unsure if Rondon is ready/his elbow won't explode.

Miggy should have hit the DL in late August. Playing him at all during those last few weeks was madness.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#22 » by ElectricMayhem » Wed Oct 1, 2014 9:48 am

Since we're too apathetic to unsticky the 2013 season thread, let's use the 2013 Postseason thread for this year too.

What is our shortened playoff rotation? It had been talked about that we might make Verlander the odd man out and put him at reliever, but he came on strong and we have pegged him as the #2 starter.

#1: Scherzer
#2: Verlander
#3: ?
#4: ?

I'll guess Price for game 3 and Porcello for game 4. He was our lone All-Star, after all. Since Sanchez is coming back from injury, we might use him as a long reliever. Any of those 5 being out of the rotation seems crazy, though. What do the rest of you think. Yes, ALL of you that frequent this board...
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,776

Post#23 » by Snakebites » Thu Oct 2, 2014 8:06 pm

By all accounts it appears its going to be Max, Justin, David and Porcello (if necessary).

Sanchez will be used in long relief.

Honestly, I feel like all of this is pointless and doesn't matter unless Brad finally decides to can Nathan as a closer and give Soria a shot.

Nathan makes the odds of winning close games too long, and we can't rely on blowing these teams out. Opposing pitching is going to be too good in this series.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#24 » by Manocad » Mon Oct 6, 2014 12:44 pm

Well, there you have it. A postseason result that pretty much reflected what everyone knew this team was. Talent on paper but almost no ability to scrap out wins and a garbage bullpen. Remarkable how KC is the exact opposite end of the spectrum--not a lot of talent on paper, not impressive offensively at all relative to stats, but can grind out wins when it counts and a great bullpen. And look where they're at now.

Return to Detroit Tigers