ImageImageImageImage

Justin Verlander not fan of Sherman

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,473

Justin Verlander not fan of Sherman 

Post#1 » by HerSports85 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Apparently, Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman has ruffled the feathers of a lot of people for his postgame comments following Sunday’s 23-17 victory over San Francisco in the NFC Championship Game.

Sherman made a game-saving deflection on a pass intended for 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree. The ball would be ultimately intercepted by Malcolm Smith in the closing seconds to assure Seattle a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII next month.

In the postgame interview with Fox sideline reporter Erin Andrews, Sherman expressed his feeling about the play and Crabtree.

“I’m the best corner in the game,” said Sherman, a Stanford graduate. “When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that’s the result you going to get. Don’t you ever talk about me! Don’t open your mouth about the best or I’ll shut it up for you real quick.”

The 6-foot-3 defensive back’s comments quickly became the talk of the sports worlds in a matter of seconds. Social media went into a complete frenzy with fans, celebrities and sports figures each weighing in on the most talk about postgame interview in ages.

Even Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander had something to say.

“So Russell (Wilson) is a class act! Sherman on the other hand…. If he played baseball would get a high and tight fastball,” the 2011 Cy Young Award winner wrote on Twitter.

Good thing these two are not in the same sport.

http://soodetroit.com/index.php/justin-verlander-fan-shermans-comments/
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs

Return to Detroit Tigers