ImageImageImage

Marlins Trying to Deal for Pirates' Capps

jarrettjackfan
Junior
And1: 0

Marlins Trying to Deal for Pirates' Capps 

Post#1 » by jarrettjackfan » Thu Jul 9, 2009 3:02 pm

FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Marlins remain in contact with the Pirates about closer Matt Capps.
The two sides are reportedly at a standstill because the Pirates have little interest in outfielder Jeremy Hermida. Their salaries are a wash while both players aren't eligible for free agency until after the 2011 season. The Marlins are in search of a closer with Matt Lindstrom on the shelf.

rotoworld

This would be a good deal for the Marlins, but the Pirates need to find someone that they like. Hermida would be nice, but obviously Pittsburgh doesn't want him. I'll keep this story updated.
http://realsportszone.com/forum/index.php
Check out this all sports fan site. I'm The Lone Granger there.

WELCOME TO INDIANA DARREN COLLISON!
travis minor
Veteran
And1: 1

Re: Marlins Trying to Deal for Pirates' Capps 

Post#2 » by travis minor » Thu Jul 9, 2009 7:27 pm

This is our big move to stay in the race

lol
Flashpoint
Bench Warmer
And1: 168

Re: Marlins Trying to Deal for Pirates' Capps 

Post#3 » by Flashpoint » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 am

Little interest in Hermida? I know that feeling. Unfortunately, he's on our team. Capps is a competent reliever. Has closer ability. It's time to cut the cord with Hermida. Hopefully, the Pirates won't ask for much more than him. I hate those predictable trades for a reliever where a team grossly overpays. Moving Hermida will allow us to get Maybin back up and have a somewhat good defensive outfield which hasn't happened in awhile now.

Return to Miami Marlins