ImageImageImage

Skeeter Watch 2014 - McGrady!!!

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Skeeter Watch 2014 - McGrady!!! 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:18 am

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/20 ... s-workout/

Appropriately enough, former Rockets star Tracy McGrady was in basketball shorts on Wednesday afternoon as he took the mound in a Sugar Land Skeeters hat and T-shirt.

The former NBA scoring leader readily admits that he must work on his velocity. Judging by the pitches that sailed high and wide, forcing catcher Koby Clemens to pop out of his crouch to catch them, McGrady’s control also needs some refining.

Rest assured, however, McGrady looks the part, feels the part and is hungry to earn a roster spot with the independent Atlantic League’s Skeeters.

“This would be huge,” McGrady said of the opportunity to play baseball professionally. “This would be so gratifying. Even if I just go out there and pitch one inning for a whole season, I mean, it’s a dream that’s come true for me.

“I never gave up on that dream. It’s here. I’m living it. Nobody can tell me different.”

I was already planning on checking out some Skeeter games down in Sugar Land, but if Tracy McGrady makes the roster then I might just have to become a season ticket holder!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Astros