KingCuban for worst mod of all time.

As for 4.0, good work, Howard.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,161

Re: Mass Dispatch 4.0: NFL Forums/ Contest To Become a Moder 

Post#23 » by tsherkin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:01 pm

KingCuban wrote:KingCuban for worst mod of all time.

As for 4.0, good work, Howard.

Seconded!

;)
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Post#24 » by Sinistar6 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Da Bears! If you need any fantasy football/basketball/soccer help let me know. (I was a sports writer for small circulation newspaper)
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,707

Post#25 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm

The Trades and Transactions Board would like to nominate Smitty731 as user of the week for his amazing work in the Cap Space Series threads:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1323816

He went through every single team and created a thread and kept it updated throughout the Free Agency process with what each team had on their roster, their available cap space, their potential available cap space, and his best prediction on what their actual cap space would be.

In addition he was more than willing to take feedback from fans of each team when they disagreed with his projections and was open to adjusting his numbers where he felt appropriate. He's been a great asset to the T&T board since he first starting posted with solid contributions always and a great attitude.

These threads represented a ton of work and were of enormous benefit to RealGM throughout the past month in particular. I suggest everyone stop by and look at what he accomplished.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
JohnStockton
Senior
And1: 877

Post#26 » by JohnStockton » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:55 pm

I watch football weekly and would potentially like to discuss it here once the season started but I haven't done so yet because there just isn't a concentrated posting group right now to stimulate good topics/conversation. There is a general lack of good football forums on the internet though, so realGM definitely has a market to tap into.

To be honest, I think you guys should get rid of the Team Forums for Football. For example, I follow the Patriots but I don't actually want to read 5 guys talk about Tom Brady or something. And especially since the active football posters are small right now, I think they should be concentrated into one large NFL General Board - with no other places to get stuck posting like a smaller subforum. The personalized team concept is cool for Basketball because there are big active fan bases for NYK, TOR, CHI, etc... but even some NBA team forums here are pretty dead. The personalized team forums just don't work unless the fanbase is already big - and since the football base here is small (in terms of active users) - I really think yall should consider just having a NFL Gen Board to cover all football needs - and if that ever explodes - then introduce the sub-forums for each team.
On October 31, 2009, against the Kings, a bat descended onto the court causing a stoppage of play. As the bat flew past, Ginóbili swatted the bat to the ground with his hand. He then carried the creature off the court, earning the applause of the crowd.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#27 » by EArl » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:13 pm

JohnStockton wrote:I watch football weekly and would potentially like to discuss it here once the season started but I haven't done so yet because there just isn't a concentrated posting group right now to stimulate good topics/conversation. There is a general lack of good football forums on the internet though, so realGM definitely has a market to tap into.

To be honest, I think you guys should get rid of the Team Forums for Football. For example, I follow the Patriots but I don't actually want to read 5 guys talk about Tom Brady or something. And especially since the active football posters are small right now, I think they should be concentrated into one large NFL General Board - with no other places to get stuck posting like a smaller subforum. The personalized team concept is cool for Basketball because there are big active fan bases for NYK, TOR, CHI, etc... but even some NBA team forums here are pretty dead. The personalized team forums just don't work unless the fanbase is already big - and since the football base here is small (in terms of active users) - I really think yall should consider just having a NFL Gen Board to cover all football needs - and if that ever explodes - then introduce the sub-forums for each team.

I agree with this. The same thing goes for the hockey forum. A good example of this is how the soccer forum started. There was just one thread and little by little it kept increasing in activity. A general NFL forum would be a good start and then maybe they can separate it to the AFC and NFC etc until theres enough posters to fill the need.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#28 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:26 am

EArl wrote:
JohnStockton wrote:I watch football weekly and would potentially like to discuss it here once the season started but I haven't done so yet because there just isn't a concentrated posting group right now to stimulate good topics/conversation. There is a general lack of good football forums on the internet though, so realGM definitely has a market to tap into.

I agree with this. The same thing goes for the hockey forum. A good example of this is how the soccer forum started. There was just one thread and little by little it kept increasing in activity. A general NFL forum would be a good start and then maybe they can separate it to the AFC and NFC etc until theres enough posters to fill the need.

There is a general NFL forum and it gets used alot but also has a lot of trolling and baiting. Forcing more fans of opposing teams to use it seems like a bad idea, just let them post in their own team forums if they want. The ones with less active team forums tend to gravitate towards the general one anyways. It is what it is.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#29 » by EArl » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 am

NeedsMoreCheese wrote:
EArl wrote:

There is a general NFL forum and it gets used alot but also has a lot of trolling and baiting. Forcing more fans of opposing teams to use it seems like a bad idea, just let them post in their own team forums if they want. The ones with less active team forums tend to gravitate towards the general one anyways. It is what it is.

That can be fixed by having a more frequent mod to enforce the rules a little more. :dontknow:
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#30 » by hermes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 am

which is why howard's running a contest to get another person in there

Return to Mass Dispatch