ImageImageImageImageImage

Billingsley to have Tommy John Surgery: Done for season.

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Billingsley to have Tommy John Surgery: Done for season. 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 pm

On Tuesday, the Dodgers announced Billingsley will have Tommy John surgery on Wednesday and will be out an expected 12 months.

Remember in spring training when everyone wondered what the Dodgers would do with eight starting pitchers?

Three weeks into the season, only three of those pitchers are on their roster. The return of left-hander Ted Lilly from the disabled list on Wednesday will make four.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-dodgers-chad-billingsley-tommy-john-surgery-out-for-season-042113

Lets hope the Dodgers don't have Lakers Disease this season... Pitching is already pretty much decimated.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Billingsley to have Tommy John Surgery: Done for season. 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:01 am

i'm not worried. zach will be back sometime in june, caps will be back by then too. lilly has pitched better than i expected, and ryu is slowly dominating. i think we may have seen the last of chad as a starter in dodger blue. even if he makes a full recovery by june of 2014 with caps and lilly off the books, zach lee will be ready and given chance to break the rotation with the way he is pitching right now.

kershaw-greinke-ryu-beckett are all under contract, as long as zach lee doesn't disappoint, chad's only shot is as a long relief by mid season or an injury to our rotation.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 pm

LOL at ted lilly injured.
fife injured.
greinke injured
capuano injured.

lol at being forced to call zach lee up more than likely.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#4 » by Neddy » Thu May 2, 2013 5:47 am

i believe in effectively wild pitching of matt magill. i have been following up his progress from the minors for a couple of years now( really was tracking other prospects' stats at first but he caught my attention by accident) and i have been anticipating his arrival, although i feel it's a year or two too early.

lilly is done. he was clocking at times in low 80s with his fastball. granted he was never a fireballer, but don't remember him falling under 86 before. now 86 is his best. unfortunately he isn't hurt bad enough to get on DL......

i am afraid that beckett is also near the end. i can't picture him getting back into even 80% of his prime let alone hang on to his job until the end of his contract. i think zach will be the one to challenge for his job when september call up happens. sure hope we don't bring him up until then.

ryu has been as good as i thought he would be. i was catching chanho park's last professional season overseas with hanhwa eagles last year via internet and got to see ryu pitch before he was even coming up for the MLB posting. he was dominant then as he is now.

kershaw is kershaw. the flatout best pitcher in NL today. my condolences for his father.

greinke will be back sooner than originally reported. he has a plate on his non throwing clavicle, the bones have already fused by now. (not only because i am a health care professional, but speaking from having gone through 4 broken bones in 3 occasions.)

we also signed an emergency starter off the FA. we have thursdays off for the whole month except the last thursday of the month. and as i stated before, lilly is unfortunately still healthy, despite the early reports.

that will push us to go

kershaw-magill-ryu-beckett-lilly until caps return, then capuano will take over for lilly and keep magill at 2, then once greinke is back zach will take over magill's spot at 2. if caps is also **** things up and matt magill has performed well up to that point, i can see donny baseball keeping magill around for the 5th spot and move caps to pen, and designate lilly for assignment if he can't talk ted into retirement.

i would love to see our rotation to be this from mid june.

kershaw-greinke-ryu-beckett(ouch)-magill

then bring up lee next year to challenge beckett for the job
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 2, 2013 7:24 pm

i can't figure out beckett's prollem.

seems to have gotten the velocity back.
he can't keep that stuff out of the middle of the plate.

main thing that pisses me off?
we have the worst division record?
WHY CANT WE BEAT TEAMS IN OUR DIVISION?

early is no excuse...dropping division games counts and can come back to haunt you.
5-10...currently the worst in our division.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers