ImageImageImageImageImage

the 2014 OffSeason Thread.

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Cracka2Hi
Junior
And1: 10

Re: the 2014 OffSeason Thread. 

Post#141 » by Cracka2Hi » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:18 am

^ Like I said dump Ethier and eat as much of the deal as you need to. There isn't a market for Ethier and won't be. Trading Kemp because you paid WAY too much to Ethier is idiotic IMO. I never said trade Crawford, I want him in our opening day OF rather then dumping his contract for nothing because Ethier is making too much. To not add the bullpen help you need because you overpaid foolishly on Wilson and League isn't good management IMO. If this team wants to win a WS there is still money spend. If Peralta is the answer then I guess I could agree with you because the team clearly would no longer be trying to win the WS right away. Spend more wisely from here on here on out if you want but the ownership group certainly gave the fans the idea they would spend what it took. Getting to $190 is fine but to do this season wouldn't be possible without crippling the team IMO. The team can try to cut salary but to do it at the expense of our best players is not something I can get behind.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#142 » by Neddy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:20 am

Cracka2Hi wrote:^ Like I said dump Ethier and eat as much of the deal as you need to. There isn't a market for Ethier and won't be. Trading Kemp because you paid WAY too much to Ethier is idiotic IMO. I never said trade Crawford, I want him in our opening day OF rather then dumping his contract for nothing because Ethier is making too much. To not add the bullpen you help you need because you overpaid foolishly on Wilson and League isn't good management IMO. If this team wants to win a WS there is still money spend. Spend more wisely from here on here on out if you want but the ownership group certainly gave the fans the idea they would spend what it took. Getting to $190 is fine but to do this season wouldn't be possible without crippling the team IMO. The team can try to cut salary but to do it at the expense of our best players is not something I can get behind.

again, the problem is that when you eat money to trade a player, does that money you still pay for a player not to play for you count against your cap or not? as far as i know our payment to Andruw Jones were still counted until last season. therefore trading a player while paying for their contract really does not help at all, unless you can prove me wrong on this.
ehhhhh f it.
Cracka2Hi
Junior
And1: 10

Post#143 » by Cracka2Hi » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:29 am

^ That's what I hate about this site. You can't even post what you want your team to do without someone getting on their soapbox and talking down to you like you are somekind of idiot. Peace out man.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#144 » by Neddy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:39 am

not sure where i got it wrong, but I apologize if i sounded arrogant in anyway.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#145 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Cracka2Hi wrote:^ That's what I hate about this site. You can't even post what you want your team to do without someone getting on their soapbox and talking down to you like you are somekind of idiot. Peace out man.

come back.

It's just how we've been doing it since the offseason.
Bouncing ideas off each other then critiquing them and demonstrating the pitfalls.

nothing serious.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#146 » by Neddy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

getting back on the discussion tho, I would much rather trade more toxic contract of Crawford than Ethier. his contract is shorter, for less money, and he can get on base when not hitting, unlike Carl. but most of all, Andre is a versatile outfielder who can play all 3 positions. Carl has no arm strength to play any other position but LF.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#147 » by Neddy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:38 pm

and toronto having signed Russell Martin now one of our old friends Dioner Narvarro wants out of Canada.

how about bringing in his .712 OPS (which comes out to the dead on average of 100 OPS+) and a great lead behind the plate back home one more time?

I think sending them Aj plus a AA farm arm would do after they unloaded some talent for Josh Donaldson.

Narvarro does come with a 5 million price tag, so it would be an upgrade from AJ and not sure if the dodger brass would go this way for a catcher especially risking upsetting Kershaw. but everybody knows we need a better defensive and offensive catcher than AJ. he not only batted less than .200 last season but he was the worst defensive catcher among all 30 starters.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#148 » by Neddy » Mon Dec 1, 2014 2:01 am

interesting development just a week before the GM meeting. a three team trade is brewing as we speak.

Dodgers give Matt Kemp to the Brewers. Dodgers gain Jean Segura the SS and Paxton a lefty SP.

Brewers give Jean Segura to LA, and give Ryan Braun to Seattle, gain Matt kemp

Seattle give Paxton to LA, Brad Miller to Milwaukee. they gain Ryan Braun.

we will become a bit too lefty strong in our rotation but Paxton is a quality pitcher.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#149 » by Neddy » Mon Dec 1, 2014 2:13 am

L Kershaw
R Greinke
L Ryu
L Paxton
R Haren

James Paxton has been injured for the most of 2014, but this kid can pitch. his FIP is consistent in two seasons right around 3.27, his WHIP is below 1.200 and does not give up too many home runs.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#150 » by Neddy » Tue Dec 2, 2014 12:56 am

I hope we beat the Yankkees on Andrew Miller. he is rumored to be involved with dodgers and yanks for a FA deal ranging 4 years.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#151 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:30 am

whats he looking at per year?
geez i don't want another $10 million a year bullpen arm.

I don't like paying for bullpens man. I'll pay for a starter or an everyday player, but I think the bullpen arm game is very risky and not worth it man.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#152 » by Neddy » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:45 am

Quake Griffin wrote:whats he looking at per year?
geez i don't want another $10 million a year bullpen arm.

I don't like paying for bullpens man. I'll pay for a starter or an everyday player, but I think the bullpen arm game is very risky and not worth it man.

he is going at minimum 32 mil for 4, now being talked about being possibly 40 for 4, so yeah, another 10 million bullpen arm is what we are potentially looking at.

I know everyone has been enamored by Miller, but frankly, this kid has been bouncing around the league with inconsistencies and injuries. in fact he had to come back in 2014 after taking entire 2013 off. I don't feel comfortable giving him a 4 year deal.

if we do, at least wilson and league will come off the books after this season and we only have 1 10 million setup man to cross our fingers for.

I still would rather make a deal to bring in Charlie Furbush from the Mariners or pry one of the Royals trio off here.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#153 » by Neddy » Wed Dec 3, 2014 1:59 am

we traded Matt Magill back to the Reds for OF Chris Heisey.

I smell a major trade coming involving multiple OFers. Heisey must be either in the package or is looked at as 4th OFer who can play great defense. his bat is made of water but his glove is made of gold.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#154 » by Neddy » Wed Dec 3, 2014 3:41 am

that big deal maybe is for this

http://www.dodgersnation.com/phillies-s ... 2014/12/02

Hamels + Rollins + Ruiz for Kemp + Crawford + Urias + maybe even Joc

this move is a high risk deal but it fills all the needs.

Kershaw - Greinke - Hamels - Ryu - Haren

L 2B Dee
S SS Rollins
R RF Puig (/CF)
L 1B Gonzo
R LF Van Slyke
R 3B Uribe
L CF Joc / RF Ethier
R C Ruiz

we add a guy like Miller, although a risky move on a guy with injury history, but a lights out set up man, with Jensen closing, we are becoming far more complete than we were last year. both Ruiz and Rollins were 6th best defensive player at their respective positions last season. that is a huge defensive improvement from Hanley who ranked 22nd among starting SS's and AJ who was dead last among starting catchers. only issue is between Ruiz and Rollins its gonna cost 20 million, so between Hamels, Ruiz, and Rollins the salary becomes a wash with what we are sending out, minus one or two of the top three prospects. but if we are gonna only hang on to one of the big three, it is Corey we should hang on to. both Joc and Urias have flaws. Joc, hit for some great numbers in high altitudes of Albuquerque, putting up not so different numbers than offensively inept Tim Federowitz or Ned Colletti special, Alex Guerrero. his bat might not translate at the Chavez Ravine. Urias has been lights out, but he is even more diminutive than Pedro. a very small guy at a very young age, who is just one major injury away from being that 8 ball jacket guy from New York subway, lol.

if we are projecting Puig as an everyday CF, then it makes sense to make Joc expandable, although i hope not. we must dump Kemp with Crawford, otherwise it makes no sense to add on more salaries when Guggenheim made it clear we are looking to lower our payroll.

knowing the ages of these guys we may get in return tho, our window of opportunity is very short. i think its next year or two or bust.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#155 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Dec 3, 2014 6:13 am

we just tendered AJ Ellis.

smfh.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#156 » by Neddy » Thu Dec 4, 2014 1:35 am

Quake Griffin wrote:we just tendered AJ Ellis.

smfh.

it's probably to keep Kershaw happy. looking at his career stats, he is due for a little bounce back next year, tho. he will at least bat better than .220/.310/.350 with more than a couple of HRs. still dismal, but acceptable if he can call some decent games behind the plate. frankly I have more faith on Butera calling better games and hit comparatively, rather see Drew as our everyday catcher and AJ be Kershaw's personal catcher.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#157 » by Neddy » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:14 am

check this out

I think I want to buy the OKLA hat. I love our new AAA team and its logo.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#158 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:37 am

me too.

u see the report on dodgers nation that we almost had ethier dealt?

SMFH.
get that guy the hell outta here.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#159 » by Fresh360Waves » Sun Dec 7, 2014 8:09 pm

And Ethier has the nerve to say he should start LOL... SMH. Do you guys think we should trade for Hamels or just sign Lester?
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#160 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Dec 7, 2014 8:18 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:And Ethier has the nerve to say he should start LOL... SMH. Do you guys think we should trade for Hamels or just sign Lester?

sign Lester.

Playoff Proven (as is Cole).
Same Age.
Doesn't cost us a draft pick or the players in our farm.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers