ImageImageImageImageImage

Alex Guerrero tracker

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Alex Guerrero tracker 

Post#1 » by Ranma » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Alex Guerrero, feeling a little bit left out on the prospects hype, just homered to finish the day 3-for-5 and 4 RBI. Hector Olivera looks to have some competition at the hot corner if and whenever he's ready.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: 2015 season dodgers game thread 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Does Guerrero project to be the defender Olivera is at 3rd?

If Guerrero is gonna have that kind of pop in his bat, throw him in left and make Carl Crawford do the team laundry or something.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#3 » by Neddy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Does Guerrero project to be the defender Olivera is at 3rd?

If Guerrero is gonna have that kind of pop in his bat, throw him in left and make Carl Crawford do the team laundry or something.

Ethier is hitting, time to showcase him and sell high, sell low... just sell baby. I dont care if its Ethier or Crawford, one of them has to go and then we can platoon Guerrero with whichever the lefty that is remaining to play LF.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:41 am

If this kid Alex Guerrero can play ANY LF at all, please let him.
He has so much pop in his bat. We already know who Crawford is….and I don't care. I want another power bat in the lineup.

nice to see him taking advantage of the opportunities given to him.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Doubts from a Scout 

Post#5 » by Ranma » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Albert Chen, Sports Illustrated (4/24/15)
Alex Guerrero
.474/.450/1.211, 4 HR, 12 RBIs (20 PA)

“I’m still not buying,” one National League scout says of Guerrero, who’s raking with the Dodgers, with four homers in nine games. “He’s Cuban, so people think he’s Yasiel Puig, but he’s not on the same level. He’s never been a huge power guy, and nothing has changed my opinion. I think he’s just had a really good stretch. People are clamoring for him to get more at bats, but that’s such a talented roster that I don’t blame [Don] Mattingly. [Guerrero] is terrible at second base, and I don’t know where he else ends up. Let’s remember he’s 28, so he’s not exactly a young player on the rise.”

Are these players' hot or cold starts for real? Scouts offer their takes.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Star-Lord
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#6 » by Star-Lord » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:At least we know we're onto something with Alex Guerrero's bat.

We're not going to be able to keep this guy out of the lineup.
If the kid can do ANYTHING in LF….put him there please.

It's really the only place he can and should be playing in the field. All of the reactionary calls for him to start over a Gold Glove vet like Uribe is utterly ridiculous. Also important to remember that Alex has only had 27 at bats this year, and not succumb to small sample size theater.

I effing love this bullpen, man. Yimi is going to be an absolute killer as Kenley's setup man, and Pedro has improved immensely in a pretty short amount of time, especially considering he's a converted position player.

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:what's up with the random guys being called up to start games?

this a way to cut down innings on our starters or something?

rather, spreading options on multiple guys so we dont run out of em on any one player. I like it. Mike Bolsinger did well. but i doubt he can keep that up. I am excited to see Joe Wieland finally, to be honest. I have high hopes.

Yeah, I want to see what Wieland can do, too. Zach Lee has really stepped up and is proving that last year was more of a result of having to pitch in the worst environment possible in Albuquerque. He's going to deserve a call up at some point this season too, though I wouldn't mind if they waited until there was a chance for him to string a few starts together before calling him up.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers