Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Howie Kendrick Traded for Darin Ruf and Darnell Sweeney 

Post#1 » by Ranma » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Howie Kendrick Traded for Darin Ruf and Darnell Sweeney 

Post#2 » by Kilroy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:43 pm

Hmm...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Ranma
RealGM

Should Not Have Re-Signed Kendrick 

Post#3 » by Ranma » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:34 am

Are you thinking this is a precursor to a blockbuster deal with the Tigers for Verlander and Kinsler, Kilroy? I just think it's a matter of moving on from an unproductive player and saving some money in the process. We're more likely to bring back Utley at 2B and still have a glut in the OF even with the anticipated departure of Josh Reddick. I'm miffed that we didn't just let someone else sign him when he was a free agent since we could have draft a prospect in the 2016 draft who would likely be among our top 15 in the minor league rankings right now.

I guess the organization wanted to do Howie a solid for his service with us when the D-backs backed away from a tentative agreement to sign him. It can be argued that we're showing ourselves as a class organization this way in taking care of our former players when possible. Could be a small selling point to future free agents.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Money Savings 

Post#4 » by Ranma » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:57 am

So I'm guessing the Dodgers just owe $5 million in 2018 to Kendrick for the deferred portion of his 2016 salary while the Phillies pick up the remaining $10 million where $5 million is paid during his 2017 season with the deferred $5 million for that season to paid in 2019.

Read on Twitter
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Howie Kendrick Traded for Darin Ruf and Darnell Sweeney 

Post#5 » by Neddy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:46 am

our FO love working with Phillies FO.

Rollins, Utley, now Sweeney and Ruf. hope we don't bring in Howard in any capacity.
ehhhhh f it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Should Not Have Re-Signed Kendrick 

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:27 am

Ranma wrote:Are you thinking this is a precursor to a blockbuster deal with the Tigers for Verlander and Kinsler, Kilroy? I just think it's a matter of moving on from an unproductive player and saving some money in the process. We're more likely to bring back Utley at 2B and still have a glut in the OF even with the anticipated departure of Josh Reddick. I'm miffed that we didn't just let someone else sign him when he was a free agent since we could have draft a prospect in the 2016 draft who would likely be among our top 15 in the minor league rankings right now.

I guess the organization wanted to do Howie a solid for his service with us when the D-backs backed away from a tentative agreement to sign him. It can be argued that we're showing ourselves as a class organization this way in taking care of our former players when possible. Could be a small selling point to future free agents.

No, I get it was an addition by subtraction thing, but I just really don't care about it... It's just something that happened. I guess I'm ready for the real fireworks to begin.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Ranma
RealGM

Fireworks in December 

Post#7 » by Ranma » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:26 am

Kilroy wrote:I guess I'm ready for the real fireworks to begin.

The big trades of the offseason typically don't happen until the winter meetings next month. The GM meetings are thought to be the time for groundwork to be laid before the triggers are pulled for the big deals in the aftermath of free agency opening.
Ranma
RealGM

Ruf Outlook 

Post#8 » by Ranma » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:20 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers