Official Minor League News/CallUps/Injury Thread 

Post#1 » by 1.22.06 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:03 pm

Kuo and Brazoban are throwing again.

DL as of April 18th:
Jason Schmidt (SP) 15 day DL, Right Bursa Sac Inflammation
Matt Kemp (RF/CF) 15 day DL, Separated Right Shoulder
Hong Chih Kuo (RP) 15 day DL, Left Shoulder Inflammation
Yhency Brazoban (RP) 15 day DL, Recovery from Right Shoulder Surgery
Jason Repko (OF) 15 day DL (most likely out for the season) Torn hamstring tendons
sig by trixx
themaster07
Veteran
And1: 28

Post#2 » by themaster07 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 am

Man oh man! Imagine if Kuo and Braz were 100% ?!?!
Our bullpen would be soo sweet.
Brox, Saito, Braz, Beimel, Bills/Kuo and Hendrickson (assuming Schmidt comes back)
Hopefully it'll be equivalent to the Gagne, Mota, Quantrill, Shuey, and Martin bullpen.
ImageImageImage
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: Official Minor League News/CallUps/Injury Thread 

Post#3 » by TyCobb » Sat Dec 3, 2011 11:21 pm

Do you follow any of the Dodgers' prospects, Kilroy?
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#4 » by Kilroy » Sun Dec 4, 2011 12:58 am

Wish I could say I've kept up on the prospects...
I used to. In fact I had a couple friends in the system.

But it's been a while since I had time to stay tuned in enough.

This might be the excuse I need to keep up with them though. I'll see what I can track down.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#5 » by TyCobb » Mon Dec 5, 2011 6:05 pm

Keep your eye out for Joc Pederson. He is really, really talented and I expect him to shoot up public prospect rankings in the near future.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Mon Dec 5, 2011 6:15 pm

TyCobb wrote:Keep your eye out for Joc Pederson. He is really, really talented and I expect him to shoot up public prospect rankings in the near future.

Thanks for the Tip Ty, I will.
( I have to find a nice Dodgers Avi to counter-act that Angels one of yours. :lol: )

Here's a decent cursury breakdown of one reporters take on the top 50 Dodgers Prospects...
I'm sure the ranking is up for debate and some of the assertions might be flawed but I think it's a good starting point.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/2012_los_angeles_dodgers_top_50_prospects/8236144
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#7 » by TyCobb » Mon Dec 5, 2011 6:54 pm

Yeah, the Dodgers isn't as deep as it once was, but that's because alot of guys like Kershaw, Kemp, Loney, and Gordon got promoted. I actually have Zach Lee in my RealGM baseball dynasty league.

I'm going to go to a few Quakes/66ers games this year, so I'll be able to give a personal scouting report on the guys I see.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#8 » by Kilroy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:40 am

I found this article from the Bleacher Report on Alfredo Silverio...

2011 Stats: .306/.340/.542, 16 HR, 85 RBI, 90 R, 11 SB at Double-A

A late bloomer, the now 24-year-old Silverio has been playing professionally for the Dodgers since he was 17 but it was not until last season that he finally broke out.

Posting career highs in practically everything except steals, he put himself on the top prospect map and earned himself an appearance in the Futures Game.

With his power-speed combination and plus outfield arm (19 assists last season), he could be in Los Angeles sooner rather than later as they have a clear hole in left field.

ETA: Late 2012

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/960615-every-mlb-teams-top-5-tool-minor-league-prospect/page/15
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Flurry of signings... 

Post#9 » by Kilroy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:16 pm

The Dodgers announced the signing of 15 non-roster players yesterday, reported MLB.com's Ken Gurnick: catcher Josh Bard, lefty reliever Wil Ledezma, lefty reliever Alberto Castillo, righty reliever Angel Guzman, outfielder Cory Sullivan, righty reliever Fernando Nieve, righty reliever Jose Ascanio, righty Ryan Tucker, righty Will Savage, lefty Matt Chico, lefty Scott Rice, corner infielder Jeff Baisley, infielder Lance Zawadzki, and infielder Luis Cruz.

Bard, 33, had 86 plate appearances for the Mariners this year and another 250 in Triple-A. His signing was first rumored last week at the Winter Meetings. Ledezma, 30, briefly appeared in the Majors with Toronto this year. He struck out 64 batters in 48 Triple-A innings as well. Castillo, a 36-year-old Cuban, tossed 11 2/3 innings for the Diamondbacks and a strong 42 1/3 frames at Triple-A. His near-deal was first reported last week.

Ascanio, 26, appeared briefly in the bigs with the Pirates this year and also whiffed 50 in 44 Triple-A innings. He was part of the July '09 John Grabow-Tom Gorzelanny trade with the Cubs, but he had labrum surgery in October of that year. Tucker, 25, is a former first-round pick of the Marlins who pitched five innings with the Rangers this year and 68 1/3 more in Triple-A. Guzman, Sullivan, Nieve, Chico, Baisley, Zawadzki, and Cruz have also spent time in the Majors. Guzman, notably, was a successful setup man for the Cubs in '09.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/los_angeles_dodgers/

I don't see anything overly exciting, but it fills out the roster.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#10 » by Kilroy » Thu Feb 2, 2012 5:40 pm

Here's another take on Dodgers prospects...

I only included the top five int he quote. Follow the link for the rest.
http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/top_15_prospects_los_angeles_dodgers/9709846

Once upon a time the Los Angeles Dodgers organization was the envy of all the land… Oh, how times have changed. We all know about the controversy that has been swirling around the club for what seems like far too long and it may be some time before the Dodgers’ system once again receives the attention that it deserves. Ownership needs to commit to rebuilding the organization from the inside out and it has one of the best scouting directors in the business, Logan White, to lean on. The Dodgers organization does have some impressive arms but things fall off quickly after them.

1. Zach Lee, RHP
BORN: Sept. 13, 1991
EXPERIENCE: 1 season
ACQUIRED: 2010 1st round (28th overall), Texas HS
2010-11 TOP 10 RANKING: 2nd

No one expected the hard-to-sign Lee to actually become a Dodger but the club got a deal done and he sits atop the prospect list just one year later. He spurned Louisiana State University where he would have played baseball while also possibly quarterbacking the football squad. Lee’s first season in the minors was a success. He posted a 3.68 FIP in 109 low-A innings while also striking out 7.51 batters per nine innings. Lee showed above-average control with a walk rate of just 2.64 walks per nine. His repertoire includes an 89-94 mph fastball, good curveball, slider and changeup. He could develop into a No. 1 or 2 starter if he continues on this path. The organization could make the bold move to jump Lee all the way to double-A if it wants him to avoid the California League. More likely than not, though, he could spend a short period in high-A before taking the leap.

2. Nate Eovaldi, RHP
BORN: Feb. 13, 1990
EXPERIENCE: 4 seasons
ACQUIRED: 2008 11th round, Texas HS
2010-11 TOP 10 RANKING: Off

Prior to 2011 Eovaldi had not pitched above A-ball so few, if any, people expected him to reach the Majors. The right-hander posted solid numbers in double-A, though, and earned himself a 34.2-inning audition at the MLB level and held his own despite inconsistent command and control. Eovaldi features a 93-97 mph fastball and a plus slider that can touch 90 mph. He also has a developing changeup and his pitches show good sink. The hard-throwing Texan could eventually find his way into a high-leverage relief role but he’s developed quicker than expected leading some to think he has a future as a No. 2 starter. He’ll battle the likes of Chris Capuano and Aaron Harang in spring training in an effort to win a spot in the club’s starting rotation. Chances are good, though, that he’ll begin 2012 in Triple-A.

3. Chris Reed, LHP
BORN: May 20, 1990
EXPERIENCE: 1 year
ACQUIRED: 2011 1st round (16th overall), Stanford University
2010-11 TOP 10 RANKING: NA

A closer at Stanford, Reed displayed a three-pitch mix that had more than one team eying him as a potential pro starter. The southpaw pitched just seven innings after turning pro but he’s expected to jump on the fast track and could return to high-A ball in 2012. His repertoire includes an 89-95 mph fastball, slider and changeup. The big question mark for Reed this coming season surrounds his durability and ability to maintain his peak stuff late into games.

4. Allen Webster, RHP
BORN: Feb. 10, 1990
EXPERIENCE: 4 seasons
ACQUIRED: 2008 18th round, North Carolina HS
2010-11 TOP 10 RANKING: 7th

Webster has surprisingly good stuff and it has seemingly gotten better and better as he gains more experience on the mound. The right-hander still shows inconsistent command but, when he’s on, he gets good sinking action on his fastball and can touch the mid-to-upper 90s. He also features a curveball, slider and changeup but some feel he’d be better off scraping one of his breaking balls to allow him to focus more on developing three pitches. Webster split the ’11 season between high-A and double-A and he’s been very durable over the past two seasons. He’ll likely return to double-A in ’12 but will likely see time in triple-A – and quite possibly the Majors.

5. Garrett Gould, RHP
BORN: July 19, 1991
EXPERIENCE: 3 seasons
ACQUIRED: 2009 2nd round, Kansas HS
2010-11 TOP 10 RANKING: 10th

Pitching depth is certainly the key to this organization and Gould is yet another impressive arm – even though he may be a little lesser known the first four. Gould possesses a big, strong frame and he displayed his durability in 2011 when his innings total jumped from 57.2 in ’10 to 123.2. The right-hander posted a 3.31 FIP in low-A ball and showed improved control, as well as better fastball command. He’s still a work in progress, though, in need of better consistency as well as added maturity. Gould fires his fastball at 89-94 mph. He has a potentially-plus curveball and a solid changeup. He’ll move up to high-A ball in 2012.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Dodgers Sign Jarrad Page... From the Vikings... 

Post#11 » by Kilroy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:19 pm

The Dodgers have signed Vikings defensive back Jarrad Page to a Minor League contract as an outfielder.

Page played college baseball at UCLA and was drafted three times by Major League teams as a center fielder, but he never signed.

Read more: http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... z1paljR1dG
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

O'Koyea Dixon bringing it to the Loons 

Post#12 » by Kilroy » Thu May 10, 2012 3:58 pm

http://www.mlive.com/loons/index.ssf/2012/05/los_angeles_dodgers_prospect_o.html#incart_mce

MIDLAND, MI — Power has never been a problem for O'Koyea Dickson.

Maybe it's because he's named after one of the most powerful running backs, Christian Okoye, in NFL history.

Or maybe it's because his dad, former Portland State baseball and football player Richard Dickson, worked with his son to develop a natural home-run swing.

Or maybe it's just 215 pounds of muscle packed into a 5-foot-11 frame.

Dickson, ranked the Los Angeles Dodgers' No. 29 prospect by Baseball America, made his first appearance of the season Friday for the Great Lakes Loons.

The right-handed first baseman made it count, going 2-for-4 with three RBIs, three runs scored and an opposite-field homer in the Loons' 9-8 win over the Lansing Lugnuts.

Dickson, who hit 13 homers in 48 games last season for the Ogden Raptors, hurt his hand during spring training and remained in extended spring training until it healed.

"It was frustrating, but I had to let my hand and wrist rest until it was completely healthy," Dickson said. "There was inflammation. I tried to play through it for four games, but couldn't do it. So much of my power is generated with my hands and wrists."

There is plenty of power. Baseball America named Dickson the Dodgers' top power prospect from the 2011 draft...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#13 » by Kilroy » Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm

http://www.mlive.com/loons/index.ssf/2012/04/los_angeles_dodgers_prospect_j_9.html

MIDLAND, MI - James Baldwin III owns a six-game hitting streak, giving Los Angeles Dodgers fans a glimpse of the potential of one of their top prospects.

He plans to keep the streak going, as long as he doesn't have to face his father.

Baldwin finally raised his batting average over the Mendoza line and is hitting a healthy .208 heading into Thursday's game against the Clinton LumberKings.

For the first 32 at-bats of the season, Mario Mendoza's .200 batting average became a distant goal for the 20-year-old outfielder.

But Baldwin, who was 1-for-32 to start the season, is hitting .476 in his last 21 at-bats, raising his batting average from .031 to .209.

"It's all mental," Baldwin said. "Everybody was telling me what to do, what to think when I'm batting. I couldn't hit like that. I had to keep it simple. See the ball, hit the ball."
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#14 » by Kilroy » Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 pm

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/5/8/3006006/prospect-of-the-day-scott-van-slyke-of-1b-los-angeles-dodgers

Los Angeles Dodgers prospect Scott Van Slyke is tearing up the Triple-A Pacific Coast League, currently hitting .331/.409/.619 in 31 games for the Albuquerque Isotopes. He is a rather unique prospect, mostly overlooked until last year despite possessing big league bloodlines.

Scott is the son of former St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andy Van Slyke. His father was a three-time All Star, but Scott doesn't have his dad's athletic ability and lasted until the 14th round in the 2005 draft. Signed out of high school in Ladue, Missouri, Scott was an undistinguished performer at the lower levels, hitting just .256/.320/.353 in the Pioneer League in 2006 and .254/.310/.328 in the Midwest League in 2007. Scouts critiqued his swing and overaggressive hitting approach, and since they weren't wild about his tools, he wasn't rated as a strong prospect.

Things changed in 2009 when he hit .294/.373/.534 with 23 homers, 42 doubles, and 61 walks in 496 at-bats for High-A Inland Empire in the California League. There were skeptics given that the Cal League is a friendly hitting environment, but he seemed to make genuine progress by improving his strike zone judgment and avoiding attempts to pull everything
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#15 » by Kilroy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-5-injured-dodgers-fans-view-100100022--mlb.html

Although the Los Angeles Dodgers are having an incredible season, I'm worried we're seeing an increasing list of key players added to the team's disabled list. On June 19, the team was shut out by the Oakland A's in a miserable symphony of poor pitching from Aaron Harang, bad fielding by the Dodgers' outfield and a complete lack of hitting.

After the miserable performance against the A's, I wanted to take a look at the Dodgers' injury report and see exactly where Matt Kemp and the other missing Dodgers were in terms of making a return to the team. According to the Dodgers' official injury report on dodgers.com, here's a look at the status of the top five most-missed injured players:

Matt Kemp - CF

I think Matt Kemp is the most-missed player here and we've been lucky the team's doing as well as it has been without him. To me, the A's game shows the worst case scenario as to what can happen in his absence. Kemp re-injured his left hamstring and has been out since May 31. He has already been working out with the team and I think we will see him come back after the All Star break and possibly even play in the All Star game.

Ted Lilly - P

To me, Lilly is the second-most missed player in this list. He's an experienced pitcher, who first played in The Show in 1999 and came to the Dodgers in 2010. He's spent some time back in the minors but came back to the Dodgers in 2011, winning 12 but losing 14 games, with a 3.97 ERA. Left-hander Lilly has a left shoulder inflammation and is expected to return to the lineup as early as the week of June 18.

Mark Ellis - 2B

The Dodgers just can't seem to find a good, permanent second baseman, although I think Ellis' replacement Adam Kennedy has been doing a good job. Ellis had lower left leg surgery after a ligament strain and will be back working out with the team during the June 19-27 road trip, with a return possible in late July or early August.

Javy Guerra - P

I think the Dodgers' bullpen is also really feeling the loss of Guerra. In his second year with the team, I think he's one of the young guns that have become the backbone of the Dodgers pitching and with him out, it's another tool missing from Don Mattingly's toolbox. Guerra is due back in July, after a right knee injury and is expected to travel to San Francisco with the team on June 25.

Rubby De La Rosa - P

I remember first seeing De La Rosa pitch in 2011 during Spring Training, when he played as a non-roster prospect, beating the then-World Champion San Francisco Giants 6-3, and holding them hitless for four innings. I wrote about him then and held out hope he would become a Dodger star. He was sidetracked by injury, needing Tommy John surgery, which he had in 2011. De La Rosa may return in September and is rehabbing in XST (extended spring training).

Freddy Sherman grew up in Philadelphia, which didn't make being a Los Angeles Dodgers fan easy. He has lived in Los Angeles for twenty years, now able to follow the Dodgers openly and attends games frequently. You can follow him on Twitter -@thefredsherman.

More from this contributor:
Los Angeles Dodgers' First Two Months of the 2012 Season: Fan's Review

Dodgers Partner with Linkin Park for Promotion: Fan's Opinion

Dodgers' Andre Ethier Signs $85 Million Deal, Starts Hitting Again: Fan's Opinion

Without Matt Kemp, Dodgers Get Shut Out by A's: Fan's Opinion

Anybody else think Lilly is done... Or are they just saving him for the post season.

They're super vague about his condition, saying it doesn't need surgery... 'Yet"... But he's not even throwing or anything...

He was a solid fantasy guy for a while...
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#16 » by Neddy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 am

dodgers signed nick evans... does that count for this thread?
ehhhhh f it.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#17 » by TyCobb » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:00 am

Yes, but only because it was on a minor league deal! :wink:

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers