yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Tank Success!! Special shoutout to the Lakers and Magic!

Moderators: Rise Against, B Mac

Post#81 Re: Laker pick watch
Wed Jan 2, 2013 5:13 pm by TheOUTLAW

wow, the only think more obnoxious than Laker fans when they are winning is Laker fans when they are losing. They will just scapegoat anyone. First it was Brown and now it's Pao. Unbelievable.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 38,762
And1: 842
Joined: Aug 22, 2002
Top

Post#82 Re: Laker pick watch
Wed Jan 2, 2013 5:56 pm by Dupp

Oh yeah they are the worst. It's like a whole fanbase of spoiled brats. It's great to see them fail so far.
KingCuban wrote:Hey Guys!

The Cavs are great!

Lebron!!! Yeah, welcome back, bruh!
Dupp

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 67,020
And1: 15,176
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: King23
Top

Post#83 Re: Laker pick watch
Thu Jan 3, 2013 3:02 pm by BossHoggin

TheOUTLAW wrote:wow, the only think more obnoxious than Laker fans when they are winning is Laker fans when they are losing. They will just scapegoat anyone. First it was Brown and now it's Pao. Unbelievable.

Not just Lakers fans, bandwagon fans- "Heat" fans did the same.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
BossHoggin

General Manager
Posts: 8,170
And1: 573
Joined: Oct 30, 2009
Top

Post#84 Re: Laker pick watch
Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:03 pm by gflem

Well the Lakers are 9th currently, trailing the Wolves, so the K Love injury could end up helping us out big time. BTW, I wonder when the "K Love is injury prone" talk will start.
gflem
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,334
And1: 44
Joined: Sep 11, 2004
Top

Post#85 Re: Laker pick watch
Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:54 pm by BossHoggin

gflem wrote:Well the Lakers are 9th currently, trailing the Wolves, so the K Love injury could end up helping us out big time. BTW, I wonder when the "K Love is injury prone" talk will start.

He isn't on the Cavs, so he doesn't get that label
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
BossHoggin

General Manager
Posts: 8,170
And1: 573
Joined: Oct 30, 2009
Top

Post#86 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:00 am by fart

Lakers lose again, that protection could bite us in the ass
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
fart
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,358
And1: 770
Joined: May 21, 2011
Top

Post#87 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:52 pm by mcfly1204

LA is only 3 games back from the 8th seed, not much need for concern at this point in the season.
Well at least we're not Detroit!

Note: Cleveland feels Anthony Bennett is a PF until proven otherwise.
mcfly1204
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,011
And1: 687
Joined: Oct 31, 2008
Top

Post#88 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:47 pm by fart

Just saying, their next three games are against Houston, San Antonio, and OKC. they could very well be 15-21 by the end of the week.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
fart
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,358
And1: 770
Joined: May 21, 2011
Top

Post#89 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:11 pm by rjgraca

It's kind of interesting that NBA.com and other sources like hoopsworld.com don't have the Laker pick going to the Suns if the Lakers are in the Lottery. The NBA.com story is only a week old (12/31/12).


Owed draft picks, Suns have keen interest in Lakers' season

According to the terms of the very tangled sign-and-trade that was strictly Phoenix-Los Angeles but involves moving parts from four other teams, the Heat would have to miss the playoffs for the Lakers to lose their 2013 first-rounder. And even that may not do it.

The Suns, on a very secure course to have a lottery choice of their own, will get another first-rounder from the Kings, Cavaliers, Lakers or Heat, through deals those teams made through the years. That it will be the worst of the selections means the Miami pick, originally sent to Cleveland in the 2010 LeBron James sign-and-trade, is the obvious favorite to land in Phoenix. (Sacramento, with its No. 1 top-13 protected, almost certainly keeps the chip anyway.)

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/s ... index.html



Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Miami’s 2013 first-round pick (top-10 protected through 2014) via the LeBron James trade on 7/9/10. Receives Sacramento’s 2013 first-round pick (top-13 protected in 2013, top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 protected 2015-17; if not conveyed by 2017, receives 2017 second-round pick) via the J.J. Hickson trade on 6/30/11. Have the option to switch less favorable of their pick and HEAT’s with Lakers via Ramon Sessions trade on 3/15/12.

Phoenix Suns: Receives L.A. Laker’s 2013 first-round pick (less favorable) via the Steve Nash trade on 7/11/12. Receive the least favorable of Minnesota’s first-round pick (Minnesota’s pick is top-13 protected in 2013-2014, top-12 protected in 2015-2016; Grizzlies pick top-14 protected in 2013-2016) via three-team trade with New Orleans on 7/27/12

http://www.hoopsworld.com/draft-pick-debt/
rjgraca
Head Coach
Posts: 6,639
And1: 39
Joined: Dec 26, 2003
Location: Akron, Ohio
Top

Post#90 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:40 pm by fart

rjgraca wrote:It's kind of interesting that NBA.com and other sources like hoopsworld.com don't have the Laker pick going to the Suns if the Lakers are in the Lottery. The NBA.com story is only a week old (12/31/12).


Owed draft picks, Suns have keen interest in Lakers' season

According to the terms of the very tangled sign-and-trade that was strictly Phoenix-Los Angeles but involves moving parts from four other teams, the Heat would have to miss the playoffs for the Lakers to lose their 2013 first-rounder. And even that may not do it.

The Suns, on a very secure course to have a lottery choice of their own, will get another first-rounder from the Kings, Cavaliers, Lakers or Heat, through deals those teams made through the years. That it will be the worst of the selections means the Miami pick, originally sent to Cleveland in the 2010 LeBron James sign-and-trade, is the obvious favorite to land in Phoenix. (Sacramento, with its No. 1 top-13 protected, almost certainly keeps the chip anyway.)

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/s ... index.html



Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Miami’s 2013 first-round pick (top-10 protected through 2014) via the LeBron James trade on 7/9/10. Receives Sacramento’s 2013 first-round pick (top-13 protected in 2013, top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 protected 2015-17; if not conveyed by 2017, receives 2017 second-round pick) via the J.J. Hickson trade on 6/30/11. Have the option to switch less favorable of their pick and HEAT’s with Lakers via Ramon Sessions trade on 3/15/12.

Phoenix Suns: Receives L.A. Laker’s 2013 first-round pick (less favorable) via the Steve Nash trade on 7/11/12. Receive the least favorable of Minnesota’s first-round pick (Minnesota’s pick is top-13 protected in 2013-2014, top-12 protected in 2015-2016; Grizzlies pick top-14 protected in 2013-2016) via three-team trade with New Orleans on 7/27/12

http://www.hoopsworld.com/draft-pick-debt/



shouldn't the NBA know the protection on the swap option? This is getting ridiculous.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
fart
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,358
And1: 770
Joined: May 21, 2011
Top

Post#91 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:20 pm by gaspar

Everything is explained HERE.
gaspar

Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,509
And1: 982
Joined: Jun 21, 2009
Top

Post#92 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:58 pm by rjgraca

NBA.com is the NBA's official website which tends to be more accurate in these types of transactions (R. Sessions trade and Laker pick rights in 2013).

I can't find the part on NBA.com where it says that the Suns get the Lakers pick if they miss the playoffs. Could someone post the link, from NBA.com, to confirm the Suns get the Laker's pick if they don't make the playoffs.
rjgraca
Head Coach
Posts: 6,639
And1: 39
Joined: Dec 26, 2003
Location: Akron, Ohio
Top

Post#93 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:56 pm by Harper4Ferry?

I'm amazed how people keep questioning what the protection is.
Harper4Ferry?
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,818
And1: 8
Joined: Jun 28, 2002
Top

Post#94 Re: Laker pick watch
Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:02 pm by TheOUTLAW

I'm pretty sure we had this figured out some time ago. Pretty remarkable that it's still in question actually. No way did I think that the Lakers would be sucking so badly for so long.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 38,762
And1: 842
Joined: Aug 22, 2002
Top

Post#95 Re: Laker pick watch
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:53 am by IMHO

im praying to god every night for the 15th pick.
IMHO
Junior
Posts: 397
And1: 20
Joined: Sep 4, 2012
Top

Post#96 Re: Laker pick watch
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:01 pm by Rise Against

At this point, we should be rooting for the Lakers to win. I think that they have lost enough. There are 3 teams ahead of them for the 8th seed. It's not looking good though. Seems like Howard and Gasol are going to be missing some time.
“In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have. I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.”
Rise Against

Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 15,122
And1: 54
Joined: May 21, 2006
Top

Post#97 Re: Laker pick watch
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:06 pm by TheOUTLAW

Hill too
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 38,762
And1: 842
Joined: Aug 22, 2002
Top

Post#98 Re: Laker pick watch
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 am by IMHO

never thought I'd say this in my life

LET'S GO LAKERS!
IMHO
Junior
Posts: 397
And1: 20
Joined: Sep 4, 2012
Top

Post#99 Re: Laker pick watch
Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:50 pm by ScramboD8

The Lakers better get it going soon. They won't win tonight though.
ScramboD8
Pro Prospect
Posts: 757
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 13, 2011
Top

Post#100 Re: Laker pick watch
Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 pm by Harper4Ferry?

They gotta go roughly 31-16 to sniff the playoffs now. Just seems so unlikely now.
Harper4Ferry?
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,818
And1: 8
Joined: Jun 28, 2002
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users