yardbarker

We will never win until we get better defensively.

Moderators: B Mac, Rise Against

Post#21 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:03 pm by Kaner

B Mac wrote:I wouldnt count on us signing Oden just yet.

Any particular reason why?
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#22 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:32 pm by B Mac

Kaner wrote:

Yes, but nothing I can say at this time. :wink:
Kyrie Irving was posing back stage in his uniform holding the crystal MVP trophy. "Make sure you get Cleveland," he said, referrring to the "CAVALIERS" on his home white jersey.
B Mac

Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 311

Post#23 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:45 pm by Kaner

B Mac wrote:
Kaner wrote:

Yes, but nothing I can say at this time. :wink:

Boooo!!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :lol: The great part about us here at the Cavs board is... we're a tight knit group. I mean, we all do our best to defend fart when we can out on the GB, amongst others. What I'm saying is... you can trust us with a juicy secret and/or the latest gossip. That way, we're all up to par on the current happenings of our favorite team, and we won't look like fools in front of those harsh Cleveland Critics on the GB when it comes time to discuss this topic. Whatdya say, old sport?
The board if you tell us: :rockon: :party:

The board if you hoard secrets: :starwars :argue: :box:
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#24 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:16 pm by BossHoggin

Speaking of Cleveland critics, I like how mods are allowed to troll the Cavs on the GB.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
BossHoggin

General Manager
And1: 572

Post#25 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:32 pm by wenzi

WHEN WILL OUR GRAUDS KNOW HOW TO PLAY DEFENCE AGAINST PICK & ROLL
Career Loser = LeBron James
wenzi
Senior
And1: 2

Post#26 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:34 pm by Harper4Ferry?

What about something like Luke Walton and Casspi for Shawn Marion, a filler and a #1 pick? Marion is a rather large expiring for next year, and it's not like we are going to sign anyone anyways. Doesn't effect 2014 space, but it gives up a proven perimeter defender who is still an above average player. Dallas wants to clear cap space in a bad way for the summer.
Harper4Ferry?
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#27 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:14 am by wenzi

Harper4Ferry? wrote:What about something like Luke Walton and Casspi for Shawn Marion, a filler and a #1 pick? Marion is a rather large expiring for next year, and it's not like we are going to sign anyone anyways. Doesn't effect 2014 space, but it gives up a proven perimeter defender who is still an above average player. Dallas wants to clear cap space in a bad way for the summer.

Marion is too old :roll:
wenzi
Senior

Post#28 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:47 pm by JonFromVA

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:And the only way that happens is if we add defensive minded players this offseason. Whether it be the draft or free agency, we can't go on with this roster.

We need to add a coach who knows how to teach a defensive system that works...
JonFromVA
Rookie
And1: 143

Post#29 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:11 am by wenzi

with healhthy oden,cavs will be top 5 seeds no dobut
wenzi
Senior

Post#30 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:32 pm by ThirdEyeSharp

JonFromVA wrote:
ThirdEyeSharp wrote:And the only way that happens is if we add defensive minded players this offseason. Whether it be the draft or free agency, we can't go on with this roster.

Hey, I'm not the biggest fan of Scott's defense. Any defense built around help D doesn't work when you don't have good interior D and length on the perimeter. But I think if we add those two things we could see this team playing great defense. While it's a flawed system, it can work.
ThirdEyeSharp
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#31 Re: We will never win until we get better def
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:02 pm by gflem

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Hey, I'm not the biggest fan of Scott's defense. Any defense built around help D doesn't work when you don't have good interior D and length on the perimeter. But I think if we add those two things we could see this team playing great defense. While it's a flawed system, it can work.

Which is why the 2nd team defense is so much better. Livingston and Ellington are longer on the perimeter and, frankly they are more committed to playing D as well. What we are really lacking is a big who can protect the rim, TT blocks a shot or two but isnt really a guy who protects the rim all that well. A healthy Oden wold be great, but even if we sign him I dont think he is going to hold up anyway.
I wonder if Bynum shows anything before the end of the season if the Cavs would use their capspace this year offseason on him. I personally am not a fan, but IF he is going to be healthy by the start of next season he certainly would fit the needs of this team.
gflem
Starter
And1: 42

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers