:lol: No.

No is what I told your mom.

:lol: You're so clever.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: What's up with Dion? 

Post#24 » by old rem » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Dupp wrote:Whys all the focus always on dion? Sure he's playing terrible but so are most of the guys. Lebron has been rubbish and Kyrie is just murdering this team with his dribble dribble brick basketball he's playing. No one is playing a lick of defense.

You can't give dion all of the blame when he gets none of the credit. Kyrie is the biggest individual problem on this team right now.
A few years back... I was SCARED GSW would draft him. Happily... it never came to that. I THOUGHT...perhaps.. his game would evolve. It has not.. and currently has gone backwards. He TENDS to be a bit ballhog/chuck, not very good D. The FG%,3% currently.. are sorry.. but no other SG on the roster is any help.

Why I did not want him (on GSW) is I got the sense he's NOT at all a team guy, a chemistry guy.. or very efficient. There's TALENT... he could be a poor man's Harden.. but would need to improve between the ears. :roll:
CENSORED... No comment.
Cavs1017
Banned User
And1: 503

Post#25 » by Cavs1017 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:31 pm

old rem wrote:
Dupp wrote:Whys all the focus always on dion? Sure he's playing terrible but so are most of the guys. Lebron has been rubbish and Kyrie is just murdering this team with his dribble dribble brick basketball he's playing. No one is playing a lick of defense.

You can't give dion all of the blame when he gets none of the credit. Kyrie is the biggest individual problem on this team right now.
A few years back... I was SCARED GSW would draft him. Happily... it never came to that. I THOUGHT...perhaps.. his game would evolve. It has not.. and currently has gone backwards. He TENDS to be a bit ballhog/chuck, not very good D. The FG%,3% currently.. are sorry.. but no other SG on the roster is any help.

Why I did not want him (on GSW) is I got the sense he's NOT at all a team guy, a chemistry guy.. or very efficient. There's TALENT... he could be a poor man's Harden.. but would need to improve between the ears. :roll:

better than barnes tho
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,072

Post#26 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:02 pm

old rem wrote:

He's on his third coach in three years. Last year he watched Kyrie play really selfish basketball and be rewarded with a max contract. When he brought up the double standard, as the Cavs were losing winnable games, he was labeled a cancer. I do think the static between he and Kyrie is real. I'm just not willing to put all the blame for that on Dion. This year it's LBJ is engaging in the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do approach to leadership. He's moved to the bench for scoring and then put into rotations with Kyrie and LBJ where he's treated like the third option. As a result, he's forcing bad shots. Blatt can't seem to decide what he wants to do with Dion or which rotations have the best fit and balance. Ever since that BS article, written by the local paper, came out about the national anthem he's not getting calls at the rim. If there is a player who has been handled more poorly by an organization, I can't think of one.

After the Cavs have completely destroyed his trade value, he's going to be traded for garbage and go on to ball hard with another team. Meanwhile, we still won't have scoring off the bench and no one is going to figure out that with the Big Three taking 80-90% of the shots, it doesn't really matter who you have coming off the bench.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Zenith
Senior
And1: 1,553

Post#27 » by Zenith » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Waiters just isn't very smart and he isn't very good, that's the reality of the situation. His best case scenario is Jamal Crawford except he can't even shoot as well as him, he needs to be further humbled and accept his place in this league.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#28 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:11 pm

I disagree about Waiters, he's actually very good just not as good as he seems to think. He's a heck of a passer and playmaker, but most non Cavs fans aren't smart enough to realize it.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#29 » by tidho » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:35 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:I disagree about Waiters, he's actually very good just not as good as he seems to think. He's a heck of a passer and playmaker, but most non Cavs fans aren't smart enough to realize it.

True statement.

The especially tough part for Dion this year is how inconsistently he's been used. He's having a real problem adjusting becasue it doesn't seem like there is anyway he could possibly know when he's going to get to play and what he'll be asked to do.
Nice to see how unselfish he was in the Magic game.
Zenith
Senior

Post#30 » by Zenith » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:He's a heck of a passer and playmaker, but most non Cavs fans aren't smart enough to realize it.

Anyone can create off a pick and roll.......
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#31 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Zenith wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:He's a heck of a passer and playmaker, but most non Cavs fans aren't smart enough to realize it.

Who was talking about pick and rolls and why are you limiting this?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#32 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:27 pm

The worst part about last night was him sulking under the basket for 5 seconds after missing a lay-up and then blowing off blatt when he tried to talk to him

He might get better on another team but not here, he doesn't fit

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Zenith
Senior

Post#33 » by Zenith » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:33 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Bc that's the only time I see him create for other people aka playmake, sure he'll pass the ball around occasionally when he's on the perimeter but that's by design of the offensive set or system not Waiters trying to orchestrate plays for others.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#34 » by Dupp » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:38 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:I disagree about Waiters, he's actually very good just not as good as he seems to think. He's a heck of a passer and playmaker, but most non Cavs fans aren't smart enough to realize it.

He really is but he just hasnt played that way this season. Hes been so disappointing.
Cavs1017
Banned User
And1: 503

Post#35 » by Cavs1017 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Zenith wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:
Zenith wrote:Anyone can create off a pick and roll.......

Bc that's the only time I see him create for other people aka playmake, sure he'll pass the ball around occasionally when he's on the perimeter but that's by design of the offensive set or system not Waiters trying to orchestrate plays for others.

yeah man Mike Brown's offensive system makes scrubs look like stars
Zenith
Senior

Post#36 » by Zenith » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Cavs1017 wrote:
Zenith wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:

Mike Browns system was isolation and run pick and rolls over and over again which NEVER made Waiters look like a star, so I guess thanks for agreeing with me :D
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Zenith wrote:
Cavs1017 wrote:
Zenith wrote:Bc that's the only time I see him create for other people aka playmake, sure he'll pass the ball around occasionally when he's on the perimeter but that's by design of the offensive set or system not Waiters trying to orchestrate plays for others.

Mike Browns system was isolation and run pick and rolls over and over again which NEVER made Waiters look like a star, so I guess thanks for agreeing with me :D

I really hate to say this but someone has to - how many SGs have worked out playing next to Kyrie? Since his rookie year how many different types of 2 guards have the Cavs tried to put in the same back court next to him? I mean, Bruce Bowden has been retired for a while now. Dion isn't Bowden - he's not that type of player - but that's not Dion's fault. If Kyrie can only play next to a three and D 2 guard who can live on 6-8 shots a game, then I guess you have to live with it. But last year when Kyire went down, Dion played his best ball in a Cavs uniform. The notion that he won't play better elsewhere is seriously flawed.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Zenith
Senior

Post#38 » by Zenith » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:25 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I really hate to say this but someone has to - how many SGs have worked out playing next to Kyrie? Since his rookie year how many different types of 2 guards have the Cavs tried to put in the same back court next to him? I mean, Bruce Bowden has been retired for a while now. Dion isn't Bowden - he's not that type of player - but that's not Dion's fault. If Kyrie can only play next to a three and D 2 guard who can live on 6-8 shots a game, then I guess you have to live with it. But last year when Kyire went down, Dion played his best ball in a Cavs uniform. The notion that he won't play better elsewhere is seriously flawed.

I agree 100% that Kyrie needs to learn team ball, he's a modern day Iverson, he thinks those Uncle Drew commercials are real life (Lebron is teaching him quite quickly differently though imo) but he's still more skilled and talented when compared to Dion, obviously that's not Dion's fault but it means he must adjust his game to the team plan which is something Dion is yet to do, when he doesn't have the skill set or talent level to back up that attitude.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:05 am

Zenith wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I really hate to say this but someone has to - how many SGs have worked out playing next to Kyrie? Since his rookie year how many different types of 2 guards have the Cavs tried to put in the same back court next to him? I mean, Bruce Bowden has been retired for a while now. Dion isn't Bowden - he's not that type of player - but that's not Dion's fault. If Kyrie can only play next to a three and D 2 guard who can live on 6-8 shots a game, then I guess you have to live with it. But last year when Kyire went down, Dion played his best ball in a Cavs uniform. The notion that he won't play better elsewhere is seriously flawed.

I agree 100% that Kyrie needs to learn team ball, he's a modern day Iverson, he thinks those Uncle Drew commercials are real life (Lebron is teaching him quite quickly differently though imo) but he's still more skilled and talented when compared to Dion, obviously that's not Dion's fault but it means he must adjust his game to the team plan which is something Dion is yet to do, when he doesn't have the skill set or talent level to back up that attitude.

It's more than that. It's very difficult to start two 2 guards in the same line up.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#40 » by PCProductions » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:08 am

I don't think I've ever felt a player need a bad team as much as Dion does. Put this dude on a tanking/developing team and it would be heaven for him.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers