ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

TeeJay
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#101 » by TeeJay » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:31 pm

I know, lol me saying the Cavs should get him isn't based on logic..just me purely wanting to see him hoop with Bron and Kyrie. :lol:

In all seriousness Thompson should go for that lackluster performance in the postseason. I'd rather see him traded than Love, and we need a taller frame at the 5.
TeeJay's Hall Of Fame of hoopers who changed the game:
90s/2000s NBA is what made me love hoops.
Analytics Guy, Jordan Fan, LeBron Loyalist.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,072

Post#102 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:04 pm

So this is some BS:

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#103 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:27 pm

TeeJay wrote:I say we trade Thompson for Jokic (sp?) who plays for the Nuggets... just a thought.

Dare you to put this out on the T&T board, you'll get laughed off the thread !!!

Jokic>>>>>>>>>>>>Thompson
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#104 » by Dupp » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:19 am

If PG lands in Houston maybe we could accomodate the deal and end up with Ariza
TeeJay
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#105 » by TeeJay » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:29 am

skywalker33 wrote:
TeeJay wrote:I say we trade Thompson for Jokic (sp?) who plays for the Nuggets... just a thought.

Dare you to put this out on the T&T board, you'll get laughed off the thread !!!

Jokic>>>>>>>>>>>>Thompson

Blah, I'm a realist. By the numbers and just by watching, Jokic would be an upgrade from Thompson at this point. Him and Love would be a nice 4-5 combo..prob would never happen though. I'm sure Denver has their claws in Nikola and don't plan on letting him go.
TeeJay's Hall Of Fame of hoopers who changed the game:
90s/2000s NBA is what made me love hoops.
Analytics Guy, Jordan Fan, LeBron Loyalist.
mackmack456
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#106 » by mackmack456 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:49 am

Dupp wrote:
carjoch_831 wrote:hope we sign Tony Allen. Rumor is the grizz are only offering vet min to resign him. PJ Tucker is another player we should look out for.

Didn't realize TA was a fa. Would be great to somehow get him.

Tony allen and Pj Tucker and either Tyson chandler/DJ Jordan would be a great off-season . melo/dwade buyout mid-season

I think cle need a more active big man/lock down defenders more than other scoring SG-SF.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#107 » by Dupp » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:44 am

mackmack456 wrote:
Dupp wrote:
carjoch_831 wrote:hope we sign Tony Allen. Rumor is the grizz are only offering vet min to resign him. PJ Tucker is another player we should look out for.

Didn't realize TA was a fa. Would be great to somehow get him.

Tony allen and Pj Tucker and either Tyson chandler/DJ Jordan would be a great off-season . melo/dwade buyout mid-season

I think cle need a more active big man/lock down defenders more than other scoring SG-SF.

One way players will get exposed in the finals. We need guys that can play both sides of the ball like ariza
NBA Fiend
Senior
And1: 212

Post#108 » by NBA Fiend » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:00 am

George says he'll resign in Cleveland if Lebron commits, along with Boston and San Antonio. So Lebron can keep Kyrie or swap him out for Bledsoe/George. If Cleveland doesn't get George I would imagine that Boston would have to get him especially after losing out on Butler. I thought James would just play out the rest of his career in Cleveland but I guess he loves to bounce around. I know it's already been discussed but how many of you would do the Bledsoe/George for Kyrie deal if Lebron commits for a couple more years? Thank you for you're continued support.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:04 pm

NBA Fiend wrote:George says he'll resign in Cleveland if Lebron commits, along with Boston and San Antonio. So Lebron can keep Kyrie or swap him out for Bledsoe/George. If Cleveland doesn't get George I would imagine that Boston would have to get him especially after losing out on Butler. I thought James would just play out the rest of his career in Cleveland but I guess he loves to bounce around. I know it's already been discussed but how many of you would do the Bledsoe/George for Kyrie deal if Lebron commits for a couple more years? Thank you for you're continued support.

If it were me, I'd pull the trigger on a Kyrie for Bledsoe/George deal even w/o a commitment from LBJ that he'd extend. But if the reports are true, the deal died when Gilbert called LBJ and he refused to commit. Even if those reports aren't true, and the deal died when Jackson fell to No. 4, there might be a problem on the Pacers end at this point b/c the Suns are unlikely to put Jackson on the table.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,181

Post#110 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Was thinking how to improve CLE's roster (since they're the only team close enough to GS IMO). It would all HAVE to start with a Paul George trade IMO.

CLE out: Love, Shumpert, Frye
CLE in: George, Faried

DEN out: Mudiay, Barton, Faried, Nelson, 2018 1st
DEN in: Love, Shumpert

IND out: George
IND in: Mudiay, Barton, Nelson (exp), Frye (exp), 2018 DEN 1st

Then CLE fans have to hope DWade gets bought out. Sign him as a 6th man, then re-sign KK and go after a big body like Hibbert for the vet min.

Kyrie/Wade
Smith/Korver
George/Jefferson (lol George Jefferson!)
LeBron/Faried
Thompson/Hibbert

That is definitely a team that can beat GS, especially if Iguodala heads to another team. CLE has to get PG13 to have any chance of closing the gap imo.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Dupp
RealGM

Post#111 » by Dupp » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:49 pm

sixers238 wrote:Was thinking how to improve CLE's roster (since they're the only team close enough to GS IMO). It would all HAVE to start with a Paul George trade IMO.

CLE out: Love, Shumpert, Frye
CLE in: George, Faried

DEN out: Mudiay, Barton, Faried, Nelson, 2018 1st
DEN in: Love, Shumpert

IND out: George
IND in: Mudiay, Barton, Nelson (exp), Frye (exp), 2018 DEN 1st

Then CLE fans have to hope DWade gets bought out. Sign him as a 6th man, then re-sign KK and go after a big body like Hibbert for the vet min.

Kyrie/Wade
Smith/Korver
George/Jefferson (lol George Jefferson!)
LeBron/Faried
Thompson/Hibbert

That is definitely a team that can beat GS, especially if Iguodala heads to another team. CLE has to get PG13 to have any chance of closing the gap imo.

I've seen a lot of these kind of trades and I'm pretty happy with them my only tweak is id aim for Thad over faried if possible. Otherwise I think we should do it.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#112 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 2:21 am

Well, we all dodged a bullet with PG going to OKC, now let's get back to the Love to DEN deal. :wink:

Faried, Chandler, Nelson and 2018 unprotected #1 should do it !!!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:54 am

skywalker33 wrote:Well, we all dodged a bullet with PG going to OKC, now let's get back to the Love to DEN deal. :wink:

Pretty sure that ship sailed. Plus that package does nothing for us. An unprotected 18 isn't going to help the Cavs beat the Warriors which is the only concern.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:55 am

I don't think it's impossible that OKC might experience some fit issues and look to move PG before the deadline for Love if things aren't working out.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#115 » by Acountant_Z » Sat Jul 1, 2017 2:57 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Well, we all dodged a bullet with PG going to OKC, now let's get back to the Love to DEN deal. :wink:

Pretty sure that ship sailed. Plus that package does nothing for us. An unprotected 18 isn't going to help the Cavs beat the Warriors which is the only concern.

Faried, Chandler, Nelson, and Baron would make more sense for Cleveland. It would actually make a lot of sense.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 5:07 pm

Acountant_Z wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Faried, Chandler, Nelson, and Baron would make more sense for Cleveland. It would actually make a lot of sense.

Faried & TT can't play together. Nelson is worthless. He's worse than D. Will. I don't even know who Baron is - I assume that's Barton. Chandler & Barton would improve the bench but that's awful value for Love. Call us back next year if LBJ walks and we can talk.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Dupp
RealGM

Post#117 » by Dupp » Sat Jul 1, 2017 5:09 pm

Man apparently we were close to a deal and pacers accept that rubbish? Sucks.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:33 pm

Dupp wrote:Man apparently we were close to a deal and pacers accept that rubbish? Sucks.

Read on Twitter

Definitely sounds like they took less to send him out West.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#119 » by Stillwater » Sat Jul 1, 2017 11:43 pm

miss griff already... looks like Shump(who had a nice season when JR was hurt) is going to the Rockets for salary dump. oh yeah and a draft pick. whoohoo so impressive
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Dupp
RealGM

Post#120 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 2, 2017 12:42 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Dupp wrote:Man apparently we were close to a deal and pacers accept that rubbish? Sucks.

Read on Twitter

Definitely sounds like they took less to send him out West.

Man that is so dumb. They are gonna be a bottom dweller why make your future was to get him out of teh conference. ffs

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers