Trade Ideas - Part 2

Moderator: ijspeelman

antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#1761 » by antistrat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:18 pm

CavsKSU25 wrote:
So your post had literally nothing to do with the discussion. got it. how does it work? the big 3 got spanked vs talented teams on the big stage and were closer to winning 1 title then 3. you forgt this past finals was the worse beatdown in NBA history.

It was relevant to the discussion. We're talking about if the trade for Love is worth it - you think it isn't because you're not into contending only for 4 years. You'd rather gamble on rookies for a small chance at long term success.

I think it's great to have high standards, but I also think there's a fine line between high standards and unreasonable and I think you're walking that tight rope. Just my opinion.

You should be grateful that you have a team that can win immediately if you make a move or two - if you get Love your chances of winning it all go up exponentially... so I guess I don't understand why anyone would be complaining about the fact that they don't think they'll be contenders in 2020 if you make the Wiggins-for-Love trade.

What's the saying, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush? Love is a known quantity - hall of fame caliber talent - a bird in the hand. Wiggins is two in the bush - a mystery.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1762 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Id try to offer the Waiters Bennett package for Horford .. His value shouldnt be super high after another year of injuries. Than keep Wiggins.. :D
CavsKSU25
Banned User
And1: 38

Post#1763 » by CavsKSU25 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:39 am

antistrat wrote:
CavsKSU25 wrote:
So your post had literally nothing to do with the discussion. got it. how does it work? the big 3 got spanked vs talented teams on the big stage and were closer to winning 1 title then 3. you forgt this past finals was the worse beatdown in NBA history.

It was relevant to the discussion. We're talking about if the trade for Love is worth it - you think it isn't because you're not into contending only for 4 years. You'd rather gamble on rookies for a small chance at long term success.

I think it's great to have high standards, but I also think there's a fine line between high standards and unreasonable and I think you're walking that tight rope. Just my opinion.

You should be grateful that you have a team that can win immediately if you make a move or two - if you get Love your chances of winning it all go up exponentially... so I guess I don't understand why anyone would be complaining about the fact that they don't think they'll be contenders in 2020 if you make the Wiggins-for-Love trade.

What's the saying, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush? Love is a known quantity - hall of fame caliber talent - a bird in the hand. Wiggins is two in the bush - a mystery.

Love is also a known injury player who could walk in a year. funny how thats left out huh?
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#1764 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:40 am

Waiters, Thompson or Bennett whichever they prefere, and 2 unprotected 1sts for Love. Final offer, if not walk away.

I would really hate to see desperation from a team that already is a 55+ win contender as is.
Big_Aristotle
Junior
And1: 243

Post#1765 » by Big_Aristotle » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:Id try to offer the Waiters Bennett package for Horford .. His value shouldnt be super high after another year of injuries. Than keep Wiggins.. :D

Don't know Horford but he's a center, right?
That's a black hole in the lineup, would be a very nice fit if he's a good rim protector.
Do we need Love? Haven't we got enough scoring already?
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1766 » by Dewey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 am

Heat3Peat wrote:Waiters, Thompson or Bennett whichever they prefere, and 2 unprotected 1sts for Love. Final offer, if not walk away.

I would really hate to see desperation from a team that already is a 55+ win contender as is.

JJ Barea/Martin for Wiggins/filler/2 picks ... final offer - take it or leave it
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
CavsKSU25
Banned User

Post#1767 » by CavsKSU25 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 am

Dewey wrote:
Heat3Peat wrote:Waiters, Thompson or Bennett whichever they prefere, and 2 unprotected 1sts for Love. Final offer, if not walk away.

JJ Barea/Martin for Wiggins/filler/2 picks ... final offer - take it or leave it

We dont need a backup PG and SG so....
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#1768 » by Dewey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 am

Dcebucks11 wrote:Id try to offer the Waiters Bennett package for Horford .. His value shouldnt be super high after another year of injuries. Than keep Wiggins.. :D

yep ... just settle for something. I look forward to "The Decision II" in the near future :nod:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#1769 » by Dewey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 am

CavsKSU25 wrote:
Dewey wrote:

so .... you don't need Wiggins? :dontknow: Ok, we'll bend and give re-signed Dante Cunningham in there if you toss in Bennett
CavsKSU25
Banned User

Post#1770 » by CavsKSU25 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:30 am

Dewey wrote:
CavsKSU25 wrote:
Dewey wrote:JJ Barea/Martin for Wiggins/filler/2 picks ... final offer - take it or leave it

so .... you don't need Wiggins? :dontknow: Ok, we'll bend and give re-signed Dante Cunningham in there if you toss in Bennett

Nah we'll just let wiggins walk when he's a FA since thats better, even though we know we have no chance to sign anyone to help our team get out of the bottom 5 of the league for the foreseeeable future.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#1771 » by Dewey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:55 am

CavsKSU25 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
CavsKSU25 wrote:

Nah we'll just let wiggins walk when he's a FA since thats better, even though we know we have no chance to sign anyone to help our team get out of the bottom 5 of the league for the foreseeeable future.

yep - good to plan ahead
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#1772 » by Dupp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:08 am

Dewey wrote:
CavsKSU25 wrote:
Dewey wrote:so .... you don't need Wiggins? :dontknow: Ok, we'll bend and give re-signed Dante Cunningham in there if you toss in Bennett

yep - good to plan ahead

You're gonna lose love for a lot less than wiggins so good luck with that :D
SmoothKobra
Starter
And1: 638

Post#1773 » by SmoothKobra » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:14 am

Dewey wrote:

Wiggins can't leave the team at the end of the year like Love can! This is how leverage works
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1774 » by Dcebucks11 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:27 am

Big_Aristotle wrote:

Don't know Horford but he's a center, right?
That's a black hole in the lineup, would be a very nice fit if he's a good rim protector.
Do we need Love? Haven't we got enough scoring already?

Hes a PF with a very good mid range game
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#1775 » by BossHoggin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:16 am

Dewey wrote:

Please try harder
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
mup
Veteran
And1: 556

Post#1776 » by mup » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:27 am

Dewey wrote:

This isn't the general board, bro. If you want to pick fights, probably time to move on. I understand you're mad that your team is going to trade your hero for ten cents on the dollar, but grind your ax elsewhere.

Or at least come up with something clever. The fact that you even have barea and Martin on your team to begin with, on those contracts, speaks volumes. Our worst contract is a rookie scale. So, you've basically just made a mockery of your team again by highlighting the fact that you're still stuck with those dog contracts. So chalk that one up as a backfire and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1777 » by Chello1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Dupp wrote:
Dewey wrote:
CavsKSU25 wrote:

yep - good to plan ahead

You're gonna lose love for a lot less than wiggins so good luck with that :D

LOL, we will see what it ends up being.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#1778 » by BossHoggin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:03 am

I find it funny that "The Cavs aren't going to let Wiggins/Delladova/Haywood stand in the way" flies when it is okay for the Wolves fanbase to flame any mention of Dieng.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Post#1779 » by Twolf16 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:20 am

BossHoggin wrote:I find it funny that "The Cavs aren't going to let Wiggins/Delladova/Haywood stand in the way" flies when it is okay for the Wolves fanbase to flame any mention of Dieng.

Well your already getting the best player and are clearly the winners of the deal no matter what. Dieng has a lot of upside (even for his age). Our center is always injured so it is vital that we keep him. Plus your the one getting the HOF.
mup
Veteran
And1: 556

Post#1780 » by mup » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:51 am

Twolf16 wrote:
BossHoggin wrote:I find it funny that "The Cavs aren't going to let Wiggins/Delladova/Haywood stand in the way" flies when it is okay for the Wolves fanbase to flame any mention of Dieng.

Well your already getting the best player and are clearly the winners of the deal no matter what. Dieng has a lot of upside (even for his age). Our center is always injured so it is vital that we keep him. Plus your the one getting the HOF.
We aren't getting the best player. 8 years of Wiggins is better than 53 games of Love.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers