Trade Ideas - Part 2

Moderator: ijspeelman

IamaCeltsfan
Junior
And1: 27

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#1881 » by IamaCeltsfan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:13 am

panthermark wrote:I see it like this.

Sammy D is worth NOTHING to 28 other teams out there.....but the Cavs need someone like Sammy D more than 29 other teams out there. Cleveland wants him for his market worth, but the Cleveland is also the only team that would want him. NY knows that.

That's why a TPE would be enough. No other team is going to offer that for Dalembert at this point in his career. Plus it would save the Knicks a ton of money in luxury taxes and they would be stupid to turn a TPE down for Dalembert.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#1882 » by They_Them_Hatin » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:16 pm

The Cavs should just use their tpe for a useless expiring before mid January, to get a bigger contract to match up salaries like Houston did.
dac4m
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#1883 » by dac4m » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:59 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lypjnxd

to Cleveland- DeAndre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe, Gerald Green, 2 LAC #1 picks
to LAC- Lebron, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, Ryan Anderson
to PHX- Kevin Love, Dion Waiters
to NO- JJ Reddick, #1 pick from PHX
Why for each team? LAC- isn't going anywhere. has no bench. So they bring the biggest star to LA
Cle- LBJ isn't happy. Why not flip him for a whole team? From here you can a) trade Kyrie b) trade Bledsoe. Regardless, this is a playoff team and Blake is here for 4 years whether he likes it or not. Gives Lebron an out from the failed Cleveland experience. He can't leave on his own, but now at least he is dealt to LA.. so he can have a clear conscience that he didnt bail, he was dealt.
PHX- Love would be good there- they have excess at PG. Waiters needs a new place to play
NO- needs shooting. gets a pick

CLE can then trade DeAndre if they want

Another variation would be to trade Love to PHX and get back the Laker's #1 pick (protected 1-5 this year, 1-3 next year) but that is a huge asset so PHX may not want to do that
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#1884 » by Dupp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:04 pm

dac4m wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lypjnxd

to Cleveland- DeAndre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe, Gerald Green, 2 LAC #1 picks
to LAC- Lebron, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, Ryan Anderson
to PHX- Kevin Love, Dion Waiters
to NO- JJ Reddick, #1 pick from PHX
Why for each team? LAC- isn't going anywhere. has no bench. So they bring the biggest star to LA
Cle- LBJ isn't happy. Why not flip him for a whole team? From here you can a) trade Kyrie b) trade Bledsoe. Regardless, this is a playoff team and Blake is here for 4 years whether he likes it or not. Gives Lebron an out from the failed Cleveland experience. He can't leave on his own, but now at least he is dealt to LA.. so he can have a clear conscience that he didnt bail, he was dealt.
PHX- Love would be good there- they have excess at PG. Waiters needs a new place to play
NO- needs shooting. gets a pick

CLE can then trade DeAndre if they want

Another variation would be to trade Love to PHX and get back the Laker's #1 pick (protected 1-5 this year, 1-3 next year) but that is a huge asset so PHX may not want to do that

This is too dumb for words.
dac4m
Freshman

Post#1885 » by dac4m » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Dupp wrote:
dac4m wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lypjnxd

This is too dumb for words.

with LA Lakers pick it is pretty solid
pg- Kyrie
sg- Bledsoe for now
sf- Green
pf- Blake
c- Deandre

you basically have Lob City in CLE. (can tweak deal and send picks to PHX and get back the LAL pick with Green)

It is early but seems that LBJ/Love/Kyrie doesnt work. it also seems that LBJ isnt happy. Maybe he regrets his decision- nobody really knows. If he does regret it, he can't leave on his own. But he can be traded. Getting back Blake as the center piece along with the Lakers pick which will be great is a good starting point.

Sure you an also trade Love or Kyrie.. something has to be done. This isnt a championship team this year or next. Plus, LBJ's pull to bring talent to CLE may wane if he is unhappy and the team looks like a miserable unhappy bunch coached by an idiot

for LBJ, he gets warm weather, a decent coach, and LA.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1886 » by Dupp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Bledsoe and green for love and waiters.... Think about that
dac4m
Freshman

Post#1887 » by dac4m » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Dupp wrote:Bledsoe and green for love and waiters.... Think about that

and the Lakers pick which is top 5 protected this year, top 3 next year= almost definitely a high lottery pick

Waiters is losing value by the day not developing and after 2016 i think is a rfa

moreover, you likely have to deal Love if you deal LBJ. Love wont re-up if LBJ is gone.. and at this point who knows.. if this CLE thing doesnt work as planned, maybe he bolts as a FA with LBJ here. Love is losing trade value as well- a year closer to free agency and not stepping up on a good team= looking more like a stats guy on a bad team and nothing more
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1888 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Dupp wrote:Bledsoe and green for love and waiters.... Think about that

LBJ traded anywhere. . .think about that. Not going to happen.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Post#1889 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Who let crazy loose on the Cavs forum? Where are the men in white coats?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1890 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:10 am

I think I'd rather have Ed Davis than Hill.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1891 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:03 am

If things don't get better, and J. Smith doesn't work in Houston, would guys consider trading K. Love, M. Miller, Amundson, Delly, and Kirk to Houston for Ariza, Monteijunas, Capela, Beverly, Terry and the NO 1st?

Move LBJ to a stretch 4 position and field a much more athletic/defensive team.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Pass it
Rookie
And1: 883

Post#1892 » by Pass it » Thu Jan 1, 2015 8:07 pm

I would trade Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving for Demarcus Cousins and your starting line up will be scary.

Delledova
Waiters
Lebron
Thompson
Cousins
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#1893 » by Hoopz Afrik » Fri Jan 2, 2015 1:51 pm

What about the trading the disabled players exception (from the Varejao injury) for Timofey Mozgov straight up. It'll at least begin to address our rim protection and defensive issues.....and maybe look to find a 3-D with the other trade exception we got over the summer?
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1894 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jan 2, 2015 6:59 pm

LeBron_da_Don wrote:What about the trading the disabled players exception (from the Varejao injury) for Timofey Mozgov straight up. It'll at least begin to address our rim protection and defensive issues.....and maybe look to find a 3-D with the other trade exception we got over the summer?

Denver wouldn't do it and you can't use the DPE on a player who is under contract past this season.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1895 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 5, 2015 6:10 am

Joe Harris for Jeff Withey. He's a 7 foot shot blocker buried on the bench in N.O. Yeah he's getting DNPs but we are on a beer budget here.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1896 » by No-Man » Tue Jan 6, 2015 9:26 pm

Trade Bogans TPE and a 1st, likely OKCs, for Mozgov, maybe add Harris in a separate deal if it what it takes for them to agree, they can absorb his deal, you cant add players to TPEs.

Sign Ray Allen.

Irving-Dellavedova-Price
Shumpert-Smith-Allen
James-Miller-Jones
Love-Thompson-Marion
Varejao-Mozgov-Haywood
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1897 » by Dupp » Tue Jan 6, 2015 10:16 pm

If that offer was gonna be accepted we'd already have Mozgov
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1898 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Jan 6, 2015 10:50 pm

So I'll admit that I'm a Celtics fan and would like to get two first-rounders for B. Wright.. But my objective side recommend this trade, however you pull it off cap/TE-wise:

Smith, OKC 1st, MEM 1st to Denver
Mozgov, Gary Harris to Cleveland
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#1899 » by mcfly1204 » Tue Jan 6, 2015 11:26 pm

andy582 wrote:So I'll admit that I'm a Celtics fan and would like to get two first-rounders for B. Wright.. But my objective side recommend this trade, however you pull it off cap/TE-wise:

That is not a good deal for Cleveland. They would be better off saving those 1st round picks, wait for the summer, and look to package them with Haywood's contract after it balloons.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1900 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 7, 2015 12:16 am

mcfly1204 wrote:
andy582 wrote:So I'll admit that I'm a Celtics fan and would like to get two first-rounders for B. Wright.. But my objective side recommend this trade, however you pull it off cap/TE-wise:

That is not a good deal for Cleveland. They would be better off saving those 1st round picks, wait for the summer, and look to package them with Haywood's contract after it balloons.

I'd take the deal in a heart beat. I really don't understand what the point of trading Waiters was if we aren't getting an upgrade at the center for this season. We've gutted this team of young talent and I don't think any elite defensive centers are going to be available for the Haywood contract and two protected first round picks. Those are two players on rookie deals that would probably have just as much trade value as the picks.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers