ImageImageImage

Tank Success!! Special shoutout to the Lakers and Magic!

Moderator: ijspeelman

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Re: Laker pick watch 

Post#121 » by Dupp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 pm

You can't blame the coach for the players lack of effort. Even if he is the worst coach in the NBA.
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#122 » by Kaner » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:38 am

True you cannot blame him for their attitude, but you can blame him for the players being used in a manner that does not bring out their strengths.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#123 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:25 am

Dutuctive Depp wrote:You can't blame the coach for the players lack of effort. Even if he is the worst coach in the NBA.

Yes you can. The coach isn't putting the players in an opportunity to succeed and the players realize this. They have basically given up on him.

Having a terrible boss causes morale and effort problems in all lines of work.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#124 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:07 am

Roger Murdock wrote:
Dutuctive Depp wrote:You can't blame the coach for the players lack of effort. Even if he is the worst coach in the NBA.

Yes you can. The coach isn't putting the players in an opportunity to succeed and the players realize this. They have basically given up on him.

And they gave up on mike brown after 10 games too? Gimme a break. There has to be a point where players are held responsible. Especially such a stacked roster like this. Its not ALL on the coach.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#125 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:46 am

Yay, the Lakers decided to discontinue sucking at least for one day and they beat OKC. Maybe they can get on a roll and get back into consideration for the 8th spot. This is delicate since we don't want them actually getting out of the first round.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#126 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

Is there a trade the two teams could facilitate that doesn't hurt Cleveland's future but does help L.A. to get into the playoffs.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#127 » by Dupp » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 am

I really dont think so. All we have to offer of value is young pieces that we want to keep and wouldnt make that big a instant impact anyway other than kyrie. Besides those 4 guys the rest of the roster is pretty crap.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#128 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:35 am

Well let's look at it this way who are the crappy guys. L.A. has a good history of turning around busts, etc...

Something like Casspi to a third team for their bust to L.A.
Is Miles on the table? Things like that essentially.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#129 » by Dupp » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 am

I hope miles is on the table. Hes crap. He was the same player all those years in utah too so i wouldnt expect much. Not worth giving a draft pick for, which is what we'd want.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#130 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:44 am

I'd propose Meeks+Ebanks for Miles. Money-wise it's the same. It gives L.A. a slightly better option off the bench at the wings, while pushing their likelihood for making the playoffs just a bit higher. Maybe well switch a 2nd round pick in 2017 or some nonsense like that.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#131 » by Dupp » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 am

Seems like a pretty nothing trade. No real point for us, CJ has team option after this season anyway.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#132 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:26 am

It isn't it's a very low impact, flip rocks trade. Cleveland gets a small benefit towards trying to help get a better pick, L.A. gets a sizable wing defender.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#133 » by Roger Murdock » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 am

Dutuctive Depp wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:

And they gave up on mike brown after 10 games too? Gimme a break. There has to be a point where players are held responsible. Especially such a stacked roster like this. Its not ALL on the coach.

I think Mike Brown was fired unjustily. I think the team was playing great offensively and had to many new pieces and were struggling on the defensive side. Mike Brown is famous for getting his teams to buckle down and play team defense but he never got the chance to learn. I dont think it was a lack of effort, it was an impatient owner making a stupid decision that lead to Brown getting fired. If you are going to fire a coach after 6 games fire him before the season starts.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#134 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am

Jajwanda wrote:I'd propose Meeks+Ebanks for Miles. Money-wise it's the same. It gives L.A. a slightly better option off the bench at the wings, while pushing their likelihood for making the playoffs just a bit higher. Maybe well switch a 2nd round pick in 2017 or some nonsense like that.

Don't want Miles

How about Gibson?Is he tradeable?Lakers apparently have some interest for him

We don't have anything to offer really(Duhon/Morris/Ebanks) but you can do us a favor and help us get into the playoffs :D (and thus get a 16-18th pick instead of 28-30 like Miami's would be)
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Having a terrible boss causes morale and effort problems in all lines of work.[/quote]

Roger Murdock wrote:
Dutuctive Depp wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:

I think Mike Brown was fired unjustily. I think the team was playing great offensively and had to many new pieces and were struggling on the defensive side. Mike Brown is famous for getting his teams to buckle down and play team defense but he never got the chance to learn. I dont think it was a lack of effort, it was an impatient owner making a stupid decision that lead to Brown getting fired. If you are going to fire a coach after 6 games fire him before the season starts.

Their offense didn't look great, but they were scoring plenty enough points, they just were being lazy and not getting back to play defense. Damn shame that they fired Brown although he was never a good fit (not because he's a bad coach but because he's not glamorous as they feel they deserve). Had they played his defense and offense (which would have led to fewer Kobe Heroball shots and more sharing of the ball, I think they'd be trying to position themselves to be the home team in the playoffs. They just rebelled as a team and refused to play. Not really something you'd expect from a team of veterans, but the shear volume of divas on that team might have always been too much for a coach as laid back as Brown.
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#136 » by heathmalc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 am

MB is a better coach than MD! They should have stuck with Brown... but perhaps this was their plan all-along: Keep Draft Pick, trade Gasol, re-sign Dwight, sign/draft Nash protege, contend next year with younger, more flexible team so that Kobe can try & win 1 more before heading to the nursing home (AFTER he loses his 1-on-1 match-up with Kyrie, of course.)
We the People...
Dupp
RealGM

Post#137 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:22 am

Except they cant keep their draft pick....
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#138 » by Harper4Ferry? » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:37 am

Lakers maybe making a run? Hopefully will beat Phoenix tonight.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#139 » by ROballer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:05 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Lakers maybe making a run? Hopefully will beat Phoenix tonight.

Loss unfortunately :(

They started a 7 game road trip,I think it's fair to say it's make or break for us

If we don't go 4-2 at least the rest of the way(to a 24-28 record) at the very least,we'll fall further behind and won't make the playoffs IMO....so Pheonix gets the pick

If we do win 4 out of 6,I still believe there is a shot at the playoffs with a post all star game push and you guys get the pick hopefully :D
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:07 am

All they need is one really good run and they'll be right in the running. can't believe that they blew that lead in the 4th quarter against Phoenix.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers