ImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderator: ijspeelman

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Around the NBA 

Post#1 » by Dupp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:16 am

A lot of team boards have these type of threads that are used to discuss the on goings around the nba, the second part of the title is for little things cavs related we dont want to make a thread about.

I'm not sure how well this will go since we aren't an active board and maybe the mods will want to keep the little cavs things to seperate threads, up to them.

Anyway, first of all Sloan waived and Livingston signed, kinda surprised sloan got waived because he was still ahead of pargo in the rotation a lot of nights..
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Re: Around the nba / general cavs talk thread 

Post#2 » by Rise Against » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:11 am

Sheesh. Livingston has been bounced around a lot. Already been to 7 teams within 8 years. The Cavs are going to be the 8th team he has been on.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Rise Against » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 am

By the way, Dutuctive Depp, aren't you a Lakers fan ? I've always wondered why you post on the Cavs board. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#4 » by Dupp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:55 am

Rise Against wrote:By the way, Dutuctive Depp, aren't you a Lakers fan ? I've always wondered why you post on the Cavs board. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

How dare you :angry:

Lol, no, I despise he lakers more than anythng, check the sig.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#5 » by Roger Murdock » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Rise Against wrote:By the way, Dutuctive Depp, aren't you a Lakers fan ? I've always wondered why you post on the Cavs board. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Trist is one of us, one of the good guys.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Rise Against » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Awesome, just had to know.

And anyone else find it funny that Avery Johnson was coach of the month for November and he just got fired?
Dupp
RealGM

Post#7 » by Dupp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 am

Haha yeah, probably undeserved i suppose but in the end its probably for the best since hes a pretty crappy coach.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#8 » by Niko23 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 am

Whats this about Wade kicking Sessions in the nuts??
Dupp
RealGM

Post#9 » by Dupp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:51 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKp5UOewwow&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#10 » by BossHoggin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am

Niko23 wrote:Whats this about Wade kicking Sessions in the nuts??

Classy player
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#11 » by Dupp » Thu Jan 3, 2013 10:38 pm

Any news on when andys returning?
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Rise Against » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:14 am

I hope soon. As tough as it is to let him go, I think it is best for the Cavs to trade him, especially with the way TT and Zeller has been flourishing lately.. Andy's injury problems are way too frequent and his value is at an all time high. And not to mention, there are a handful of teams in the league that need a big man like him.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#13 » by Dupp » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:34 am

Yeah im starting to think that way myself :( I just wonder how much this recent injury will affect his trade value.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

OT: Bulls-Heat 7 game series? 

Post#14 » by fart » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 am

Well, everybody on the GB thinks that the Bulls could beat the Heat in a 7 game series, but that just sounds so ridiculous to me. I look at the Bulls roster and I just can't seeing them score enough points to beat Miami. IMO a healthy Bulls team has absolutely no chance against the Heat. What are your opinions?
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Re: OT: Bulls-Heat 7 game series? 

Post#15 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:45 am

Not sure why this is here but this same Bulls team was eliminated by this same Heat team each of the last 2 years. I see no reason to view this any differently. Complacency is the only thing that would stop the Heat from beating the Bulls.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#16 » by BossHoggin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 am

The Bulls will be nothing more than mediocre. The GB Bulls fans overrate their team way too much, Pacer fans are starting to do this as well. Miami has no competition this year. The Knicks, like I've been telling Hawks and Knicks fans for years, have to actually do something in the playoffs to get recognition.

This is why I'm all against trading for someone who will lock this team into mediocrity. I'd rather Thompson and waiters bust than be the Pacers.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Rise Against » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:51 am

I am just going to merge your topic with this.

And even with Rose, I still don't see them defeating Miami in a 7 game series. I see the Knicks as more of a threat to the Heat than the Bulls.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#18 » by Dupp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:Not sure why this is here but this same Bulls team was eliminated by this same Heat team each of the last 2 years. I see no reason to view this any differently. Complacency is the only thing that would stop the Heat from beating the Bulls.

Actually heat only eliminated them once. They lost 4 straight against philly after rose went down lats season i believe.

In saying that sure the heat should beat them but a healthy bulls team is easily the second best team in the east imo.

We might have to wait until next season to see it though given derricks injury. They had some huge losses to their bench but rose also played like crap last time. Hes an amazing talent/player and id expect him to perform a lot better next season come post season.

They'd really have to scrap and win with elite defense (which they have) and have roll players step up big time. That and they would need to count on Miamis cast to lebron really playing bad.

Its a long shot but they (healthy of course) are the most likely to me. Funnily enough i think the most important matchup in that series is boozer and bosh, if boozer could some how break even, you never know.

tl;dr probs not.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#19 » by Dupp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Couple of things -

First off gee might be in the dunk contest so that'd be pretty cool for him. I normally wouldn't watch but I'll tune in to see how he goes.

Secondly - why does everyone hate/have an obsession with the cavs. Every day we are getting shat on on the general board etc. We seem to be the most heavily criticized for our drafting when there are other teams that have done much worse in recent times. I.e the wolves.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#20 » by mcfly1204 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:38 am

F the hate, the Cavs and the Browns are about to rebound pretty quickly.
Well at least we're not Detroit!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers