Around the NBA

Moderator: ijspeelman

fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#201 » by fart » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:Why are you arguing here anyway? You sure as hell are not going to convince me these guys aren't colluding and circumventing the salary cap. Your only argument has been that Haslem will give up a huge chunk of money because he loves Miami? Bro go back to the Miami board because a majority of people outside Miami don't buy that story.

Because it is fun watching you lose your mind that lebron isn't leaving and resorting to simply making stuff up to rationalize it in your head. Haslem is taking less money because he loves playing for the heat and being in his hometown. It IS that simple. Some people would rather sacrifice a little bit of money (remember these are millionaires. A couple million is a little bit of money to them) to play in a city they love, and compete for championships. These kind of people should be applauded and appreciated. This is the third time and he's given up way more money in the past.

There is no money under the table, there is no Joe Smith type deal where Haslem is going to sign a one year 10 million dollar deal after the big 3 era is finally over. It's simply guys willing to take a hit in their paycheck to keep a good thing going. Maybe one day all these first overall picks on the Cavs roster pan out and they are willing to do the same thing to keep a great team together. When the time comes, I am sure you will be wet with excitement over how selfless the Cavs players are.

4.6 million is a little bit of money to haslem? I'm not sure if you are trolling, naive, or just stupid.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Shuttlesworth34
Junior
And1: 561

Post#202 » by Shuttlesworth34 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:08 pm

fart wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:Why are you arguing here anyway? You sure as hell are not going to convince me these guys aren't colluding and circumventing the salary cap. Your only argument has been that Haslem will give up a huge chunk of money because he loves Miami? Bro go back to the Miami board because a majority of people outside Miami don't buy that story.

Because it is fun watching you lose your mind that lebron isn't leaving and resorting to simply making stuff up to rationalize it in your head. Haslem is taking less money because he loves playing for the heat and being in his hometown. It IS that simple. Some people would rather sacrifice a little bit of money (remember these are millionaires. A couple million is a little bit of money to them) to play in a city they love, and compete for championships. These kind of people should be applauded and appreciated. This is the third time and he's given up way more money in the past.

There is no money under the table, there is no Joe Smith type deal where Haslem is going to sign a one year 10 million dollar deal after the big 3 era is finally over. It's simply guys willing to take a hit in their paycheck to keep a good thing going. Maybe one day all these first overall picks on the Cavs roster pan out and they are willing to do the same thing to keep a great team together. When the time comes, I am sure you will be wet with excitement over how selfless the Cavs players are.

4.6 million is a little bit of money to haslem? I'm not sure if you are trolling, naive, or just stupid.

He isn't giving up 4.6 million. Even if he took the Vet min of 1.4 million, it would be giving up 3.2 million. and yes that is a little bit of money. He made 16 million in the past 4 seasons. I am struggling to find his contract before that, but multiple websites put his net worth at 15 million in 2012. add in the roughly 8 million he made the last two seasons and his net worth is around 20 million once you throw in income taxes. An extra 3.2 million isn't going to change his life, so he would rather play on a winning team in the city he grew up in. It really isn't difficult to understand. You just refuse to do it
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#203 » by fart » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:Because it is fun watching you lose your mind that lebron isn't leaving and resorting to simply making stuff up to rationalize it in your head. Haslem is taking less money because he loves playing for the heat and being in his hometown. It IS that simple. Some people would rather sacrifice a little bit of money (remember these are millionaires. A couple million is a little bit of money to them) to play in a city they love, and compete for championships. These kind of people should be applauded and appreciated. This is the third time and he's given up way more money in the past.

He isn't giving up 4.6 million. Even if he took the Vet min of 1.4 million, it would be giving up 3.2 million. and yes that is a little bit of money. He made 16 million in the past 4 seasons. I am struggling to find his contract before that, but multiple websites put his net worth at 15 million in 2012. add in the roughly 8 million he made the last two seasons and his net worth is around 20 million once you throw in income taxes. An extra 3.2 million isn't going to change his life, so he would rather play on a winning team in the city he grew up in. It really isn't difficult to understand. You just refuse to do it

If his net worth is $20 million, 3.2 is 16% of his net worth. No person gives that up unless they are assured they will be compensated for it. We are not talking about Lebron here, 3.2 million is a huge number for someone who has a net worth of only 20. It really isn't difficult to understand. You just refuse to do it.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Shuttlesworth34
Junior

Post#204 » by Shuttlesworth34 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:33 pm

fart wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:

If his net worth is $20 million, 3.2 is 16% of his net worth. No person gives that up unless they are assured they will be compensated for it. We are not talking about Lebron here, 3.2 million is a huge number for someone who has a net worth of only 20. It really isn't difficult to understand. You just refuse to do it.

giving 16% of net worth means a lot less to someone like Haslem because at that point you are just sacrificing another $500,000 car or something, compared to the average joe who might not be able to pay their mortgage if they lost 16% of their income.

The guy who just bought the Clippers spent 20% of his net worth to buy the team simply because he has always wanted to be an NBA owner. He knows he spent about 500 million more than he needed to, but didn't care because what is another 500 million to a guy who is worth 20 billion. This makes sense to everyone but you because you are absolutely desperate to find some illegal thing to call out the Heat for.

you also continue to forget that it is widely expected he will sign a deal that pays him around 2.5 million per year. but lets ignore that because it fits your narrative that the heat are cheating
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#205 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:

giving 16% of net worth means a lot less to someone like Haslem because at that point you are just sacrificing another $500,000 car or something, compared to the average joe who might not be able to pay their mortgage if they lost 16% of their income.

The guy who just bought the Clippers spent 20% of his net worth to buy the team simply because he has always wanted to be an NBA owner. He knows he spent about 500 million more than he needed to, but didn't care because what is another 500 million to a guy who is worth 20 billion. This makes sense to everyone but you because you are absolutely desperate to find some illegal thing to call out the Heat for.

You're comparing millionaires to billionaires, 2m is a decent condo in south beach. Haslem is on real **** time right now but it's going to bite him in the ass when the money stops coming in.

also, steve ballmer is worth 21b, 2b for clippers is 9.5% of his net worth, also when Haslem gives up the money it's forever gone, steve stills owns the clippers that while might not be worth 2b they're still worth a lot.
#FreeGuwop
Shuttlesworth34
Junior

Post#206 » by Shuttlesworth34 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:45 pm

KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:If his net worth is $20 million, 3.2 is 16% of his net worth. No person gives that up unless they are assured they will be compensated for it. We are not talking about Lebron here, 3.2 million is a huge number for someone who has a net worth of only 20. It really isn't difficult to understand. You just refuse to do it.

You're comparing millionaires to billionaires, 2m is a decent condo in south beach. Haslem is on real **** time right now but it's going to bite him in the ass when the money stops coming in.

also, steve ballmer is worth 21b, 2b for clippers is 9.5% of his net worth, also when Haslem gives up the money it's forever gone, steve stills owns the clippers that while might not be worth 2b they're still worth a lot.

got the simple math wrong. my bad. but the point still stands. he blew 2 billion dollars on something he considers a hobby.

back to haslem. again, its his choice to take less money. He made the decision. just accept that he is putting winning over money and stop making up stuff that he is getting paid under the table or the rest of us will continue to call you out for it
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#207 » by fart » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:

you also continue to forget that it is widely expected he will sign a deal that pays him around 2.5 million per year. but lets ignore that because it fits your narrative that the heat are cheating

Giving up 16% for Haslem is not sacrificing another $500k, it's sacraficing 3.2 million :banghead:
SargentBargs101 wrote:

Shuttlesworth34
Junior

Post#208 » by Shuttlesworth34 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:04 pm

fart wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:If his net worth is $20 million, 3.2 is 16% of his net worth. No person gives that up unless they are assured they will be compensated for it. We are not talking about Lebron here, 3.2 million is a huge number for someone who has a net worth of only 20. It really isn't difficult to understand. You just refuse to do it.

Giving up 16% for Haslem is not sacrificing another $500k, it's sacraficing 3.2 million :banghead:

So what happens when he signs his 3 year 8 million dollar contract? are you going to stop making stuff up about him being paid under the table, or what will your new conspiracy theory be. let me know so I can prepare to tear that one apart as well
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#209 » by gflem » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:43 pm

If, as wiretap noted the Heat have 55 million under the cap and Bosh is looking for 15 million, that would leave 40 million for Lebron, Wade and another superstar? With Haslem getting a bit that would leave less than 13 million for each player divided equally.
That simple math doesn't add up to me. I just cant see Melo, or whatever superstar taking that much of a hit. I cant see Lebron or Wade taking that kind of hit. There is obviously more to it if they plan on all re-signing with the Heat. I really don't see all three of them doing that, so who is the odd man out?
Based on their play last post season, it should be Wade. But if they plan on going after Melo, I would think Bosh is out. Either way though, how are they going to fill out their bench? It just doesn't add up to me. It is going to be interesting the next couple of weeks to see how this shakes out for the Heat.
Oh, and don't think that I am implying that Lebron is coming back here, I really don't see that happening. But I don't think that Miami is going to be where he lands either.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#210 » by mcfly1204 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 am

I would assume they will essentially backload the contracts, similar to what Houston did for Lin and Asik.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#211 » by Dupp » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:37 am

I think they are going after Lowry not melo. Maybe he signs for 9 mil a year.
Shuttlesworth34
Junior

Post#212 » by Shuttlesworth34 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:51 am

Dupp wrote:I think they are going after Lowry not melo. Maybe he signs for 9 mil a year.

This. Melo is a pipe dream that would require the big 3 to all take substantial paycuts. As of now, nobody thinks that is happening. However, the paycuts expected from bosh and wade and possibly to a lesser extent lebron, should free up about 8-10 million to maneuver with.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#213 » by gflem » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:10 am

Agree on the back loading of contracts, but I'm not so sure about Lowry. They just drafted Lebron's choice at PG, and Lowry would essentially eat up most of the remaining cap space. It would still leave them thin in the front court as well.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#214 » by hands11 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:19 am

Wow.

Where did everyone go ?

Didn't this board used to have a lot of posters ?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#215 » by Dupp » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:40 am

A lot of guys that were on Lebrons dick yes
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#216 » by fart » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:05 am

Watch them all return to their home states after opting out. Lebron to Cavs, Wade to Chicago, Bosh to Dallas. Shuttlesworth34's head would explode :lol:
SargentBargs101 wrote:

Shuttlesworth34
Junior

Post#217 » by Shuttlesworth34 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:06 am

fart wrote:Watch them all return to their home states after opting out. Lebron to Cavs, Wade to Chicago, Bosh to Dallas. Shuttlesworth34's head would explode :lol:

keep up the delusion buddy.
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#218 » by fart » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:10 am

Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:Watch them all return to their home states after opting out. Lebron to Cavs, Wade to Chicago, Bosh to Dallas. Shuttlesworth34's head would explode :lol:

I want an honest answer, Will you still follow the Heat if Lebron leaves?
SargentBargs101 wrote:

Shuttlesworth34
Junior

Post#219 » by Shuttlesworth34 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:11 am

fart wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:

Yes. I will also keep my season tickets. Sorry that I root for the logo on the front, not the name on the back.
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#220 » by fart » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:12 am

Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
fart wrote:
Shuttlesworth34 wrote:keep up the delusion buddy.

Yes. I will also keep my season tickets. Sorry that I root for the logo on the front, not the name on the back.

Nice. I respect that.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers