ImageImageImage

Dion Waiters: Aye

Moderator: ijspeelman

fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Dion Waiters: Aye 

Post#1 » by fart » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 am

I mean I was beyond confused on draft night and I still have no idea why they picked him over drummond or barnes. You all tried to shut me up and say that he is such a great play maker and can get his own shot by creating for himself. well, yea he can create his own shot, a contested step back jumper every time. I don't really think he is a potential player either like drummond is. will he improve over the years? probbably, but not enough to make him worthy of the #4 pick IMO. his play style reminds me of a smaller less athletic JR smith. we passed on a center in the previous draft, and when drummond fell to us it made too much damn sense to take him and swing for the fences. instead we get a chucking combo guard who didn't even work out with us. I honestly am not excited about our future lotto picks anymore because I know Grant will just draft someone none of expect or want. let the flaming begin...

Edit: Also, it is not like Barnes or Drummond were sleepers, everybody predicted they would be top 5 talents in the draft.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Re: WTH did the Cavs see in Dion Waiters? 

Post#2 » by Roger Murdock » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 am

Youre annoying. Barnes brings nothing to this team. How about giving the guy a little bit of time? He was a scrub his first year of college and the best guard in basketball his second year. Patience maybe?
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by fart » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:19 am

Roger Murdock wrote:Youre annoying. Barnes brings nothing to this team. How about giving the guy a little bit of time? He was a scrub his first year of college and the best guard in basketball his second year. Patience maybe?

How does Barnes bring nothing to this team? he can play off the ball, which is a good skill to have when playing with Irving. You know What Waiters does when he is playing off the ball? he stands at the top of the key and does nothing until he gets the ball. Barnes can also hit the outside jumper and he is a pretty darn good rebounder for a SF. What exactly does Waiters bring that Barnes doesn't? 15 ppg on 20 shots?

Also, why only mention Barnes. how about Drummond, would he bring nothing to this team too?
SargentBargs101 wrote:

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#4 » by Roger Murdock » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:41 am

Drummond would have been a good pick but a bunch of other teams passed on him too.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#5 » by Niko23 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Go route for the Pistons and Warriors then
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#6 » by Jodi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Go Pistons!!!
JungleCat022
Junior
And1: 64

Post#7 » by JungleCat022 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Niko23 wrote:Go route for the Pistons and Warriors then
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#8 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Jan 1, 2013 3:19 am

I still don't see anything in Barnes that I don't see in Waiters. Waiters just needs to improve his shot selection and learn how actually make shots at the rim. He's got the ability to get there more than most. That said, geez man stop bitching every few days about Waiters.

Oh and yeah, I wanted Drummond but I still don't seem to remember any groundswell from folks thinking he'd be a beast.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#9 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Jan 1, 2013 11:34 am

I'd love to see Dion increase that shooting percentage. I don't think it's unreasonable to think he can increase that into the 43-46% range over time.
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Post#10 » by kiwibrindle » Wed Jan 2, 2013 4:08 pm

the only thing I still worry about with Dion is the fact that we had a great guard in Kyrie and we still do not have a quality three and the only way Cleveland will get a quality three is in the draft because no free agents want to come to this place.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#11 » by mcfly1204 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 6:11 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:the only thing I still worry about with Dion is the fact that we had a great guard in Kyrie and we still do not have a quality three and the only way Cleveland will get a quality three is in the draft because no free agents want to come to this place.

I think this point is being exaggerated nowadays. We could trade for a starting SF, we have ample cap space, a plethora of picks, as well as some middling young talent to send out. We can also sign a starting SF in free agency, but we will likely need to overspend unless said FA can be sold on the thought of playing with Kyrie, Dion, Anderson, Tristan, and Tyler.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#12 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Jan 2, 2013 8:36 pm

So.... I take it Dion banged your mother or something?
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by fart » Wed Jan 2, 2013 9:09 pm

Manny Phresh wrote:So.... I take it Dion banged your mother or something?

You're a funny guy. Have you considered stand up comedy?
SargentBargs101 wrote:

Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#14 » by Rise Against » Thu Jan 3, 2013 5:42 am

Ok guys, let's talk about the post not the poster. Or I am closing this.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 133

Post#15 » by SacTown Kings » Thu Jan 3, 2013 7:43 am

Waiters is going to be good. Sure looking back Drummond probably will be the better pick, but I think your backcourt is set for the future. Waiters reminds me of Tyreke, athletic, strong, can get to the hoop whenever he wants but lacks the outside shooting you'd like to see from your sg. I'd be more worried about TT. I just don't see anything special in the guy, he just seems like a decent 3rd big to have on your team.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#16 » by God Squad » Thu Jan 3, 2013 9:39 pm

He's not as bad as people make him seem. Not worth the 4th pick imo I'd go drummond/Barnes. What do you guys see as his potential /comp? I personally see a better Jordan Crawford of the wizards. He needs to improve shot selection and his off ball movement. Good news is the cavs have a all star point in kyrie so the future is still bright.
jpsteven
Junior
And1: 13

Post#17 » by jpsteven » Thu Jan 3, 2013 10:55 pm

I hate to say it but I agree with Fart. I would much rather have Barnes and Drummond both at draft time and now. That being said that is in the past and lets hope that his work ethic and desire to improve (Part of the reason Grant liked him and TT) pays off in the coming years. He has shown flashes but his shot selection has been awful so far this year.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,279

Post#18 » by rockmanslim » Thu Jan 3, 2013 11:34 pm

I agree with farts but farts don't always agree with me.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#19 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:29 am

Manny Phresh wrote:So.... I take it Dion banged your mother or something?

I remember my first beer..
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#20 » by Manny Phresh » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:02 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote: I remember my first beer..

Natty Light?
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers