ImageImageImage

Dion Waiters: Aye

Moderator: ijspeelman

wenzi
Senior
And1: 2

Re: WTH did the Cavs see in Dion Waiters? 

Post#81 » by wenzi » Sat Feb 2, 2013 2:32 am

Dion's poor shoot sellection,below average ball handling( as bad as Gee ) :-?
he should not starts on any team in NBA,unfortunately the Cavs has no talents can replaces
him,they are too bad exceptsTT and Irving :(
Career Loser = LeBron James
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#82 » by SaiCLE » Sat Feb 2, 2013 4:47 am

wenzi wrote:Dion's poor shoot sellection,below average ball handling( as bad as Gee ) :-?
he should not starts on any team in NBA,unfortunately the Cavs has no talents can replaces
him,they are too bad exceptsTT and Irving :(

:eek1: :eek1:
IMHO
Junior
And1: 24

Post#83 » by IMHO » Sat Feb 2, 2013 1:11 pm

Love it.

Now they praise Tristan, month ago he was a complete bust, back then they praised Waiters, now he's a complete bust.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#84 » by BossHoggin » Sat Feb 2, 2013 3:08 pm

IMHO wrote:Love it.

Now they praise Tristan, month ago he was a complete bust, back then they praised Waiters, now he's a complete bust.

He'll be fine, we can't call either a bust. People need to chill with the labels.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#85 » by God Squad » Sat Feb 2, 2013 11:54 pm

BossHoggin wrote:
IMHO wrote:Love it.

He'll be fine, we can't call either a bust. People need to chill with the labels.

I for one will be the first to admit I called tristan Thompson the potential bust of the draft. It was more so where he got drafted. But he's come along well this year since Andersons been out. Cheers cavs fans.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#86 » by Niko23 » Sun Feb 3, 2013 3:58 pm

I have been disappointed with Waiters lately. Maybe he does need to come off the bench like Harden did
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#87 » by God Squad » Sun Feb 3, 2013 5:52 pm

Niko23 wrote:I have been disappointed with Waiters lately. Maybe he does need to come off the bench like Harden did

Waiters most glaring and important hole in his game would be consistency and shot selection. He's horrible at this right now. But lots of room to learn. I from the beginning thought that was the perfect role for Waiters. 6th man of the bench. We'll see only time will tell. But I've been been wrong before & its only half way point.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#88 » by fart » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:17 pm

So far it does not look like Waiters is worthy of a #4 pick. He can be a decent combo guard, but I have a hard time believing he will ever be a legit starting 2 guard. Has not had 3 good games in a row all season long.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#89 » by Manny Phresh » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:50 pm

fart wrote:So far it does not look like Waiters is worthy of a #4 pick. He can be a decent combo guard, but I have a hard time believing he will ever be a legit starting 2 guard. Has not had 3 good games in a row all season long.

:banghead:
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#90 » by LoveThemCavs » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 pm

fart wrote:So far it does not look like Waiters is worthy of a #4 pick. He can be a decent combo guard, but I have a hard time believing he will ever be a legit starting 2 guard. Has not had 3 good games in a row all season long.

How many legit starting 2 guards are there in the NBA right now? There is only 3 in my count that are premier scorers in Kobe, Harden and Wade. I don't think Dion will ever be the scorer that those 3 are currently, but he doesn't need to be because we have one of the premier scoring point guards in the NBA. Dion is a fine passer, decent rebounder, and his defense doesn't look too bad to me. Dion just needs to stay aggressive driving the lanes. His shot selection and his outside shot is where he must improve the most going forward. I don't think that's something impossible for the guy. He's a rookie, tap the brakes on all this bust crap.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#91 » by mcfly1204 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Considering your previous argument was that Waiters would not have another game shooting 50%, what is it going to be after he does have three solid games in a row?
Well at least we're not Detroit!
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by fart » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Not arguing anything. I am just stating my observation. Not sure why people on this board get so defensive when I say that I don't see Waiters being a consistent starting 2 guard for a good team. :lol:
SargentBargs101 wrote:

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#93 » by Kaner » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:57 pm

fart wrote:Not arguing anything. I am just stating my observation. Not sure why people on this board get so defensive when I say that I don't see Waiters being a consistent starting 2 guard for a good team. :lol:

I think you just catch flack because it's not even .5 seasons into his career yet and you're already labeling him as a non-consistent player. If we can learn anything from watching TT grow, it should be this: Young players need a full season/offseason under their belts before they take the "next step". He's also learning, for the first time, how to play beside another ball dominant guard... considering that, I think he's actually exceeding MY expectations for him. He has such an outstanding first step, he gets to the rim at will... when he fine tunes his finishing ability (which I've noticed the past month or so, he HAS been. That ORL game where he and Kyrie both played great was a good sign of this) he will be dominant on the offensive end... that is in addition to him being an already decent defender. Is he inconsistent? Sure, for now. But so were guys like Wade and Kobe their rookie years. Not every young guard is as good as Irving and can just look like a polished vet at age 19/20.
SaiCLE
Rookie

Post#94 » by SaiCLE » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Why do you flip flop so much? :lol:
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by fart » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:34 pm

SaiCLE wrote:

I don't flip flop. My problem with Waiters has always been FG% and inconsistency. Nothing has changed as far as my thoughts, so how do I flip flop so much?
SargentBargs101 wrote:

SaiCLE
Rookie

Post#96 » by SaiCLE » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:39 pm

fart wrote:
SaiCLE wrote:

I don't flip flop. My problem with Waiters has always been FG% and inconsistency. Nothing has changed as far as my thoughts, so how do I flip flop so much?

Waiter had two straight game where he shot over 50 percent, you were quiet then, now that he has a bad game now you complain?
I know it's you're opinion, but it seems kinda premature to just to write him off on anything. I was guilty of this last season with Thompson, so If TT can improve leaps and bounds, so can Waiters. He is actually trying when it comes to curling off screens, and he is constantly lowering his "Kobe" shots. If he continues like this next season I'll gladly agree with everything you say (except you're trade proposals)
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#97 » by B Mac » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 pm

I love what Waiters has been showing the past few weeks. I am confused at the not worthy of the #4 pick statement that you keep saying fart. In a redraft Drummond and Lilliard go higher but MGK goes lower. Something like:

1. Davis
2. Drummond
3. Beal
4. You could argue Lilliard but with Kyrie already on board the Waiters pick seems to fit.
5. Lilliard

He's been second in rookie scoring all season long, plays solid defense, can setup his teammates, and is improving his shot selection. The best part of it all is he's a rookie who is going to improve. Were we that spoiled by LBJ and Kyrie that we forget what a typical rookie season looks like? All you have to do is look at Tristan to realize that it takes a while for rookies to adjust. Dion is already well ahead of where Tristan was at this point in his rookie season. Perhaps it would be wise to sit back and reserve making generalizations that make you sound like 95% of the posters on the General Board...
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by fart » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 am

B Mac wrote:I love what Waiters has been showing the past few weeks. I am confused at the not worthy of the #4 pick statement that you keep saying fart. In a redraft Drummond and Lilliard go higher but MGK goes lower. Something like:

1. Davis
2. Drummond
3. Beal
4. You could argue Lilliard but with Kyrie already on board the Waiters pick seems to fit.
5. Lilliard

He's been second in rookie scoring all season long, plays solid defense, can setup his teammates, and is improving his shot selection. The best part of it all is he's a rookie who is going to improve. Were we that spoiled by LBJ and Kyrie that we forget what a typical rookie season looks like? All you have to do is look at Tristan to realize that it takes a while for rookies to adjust. Dion is already well ahead of where Tristan was at this point in his rookie season. Perhaps it would be wise to sit back and reserve making generalizations that make you sound like 95% of the posters on the General Board...

Well, Waiters has been 2nd in rookie scoring, but he has been given the green light on offense that no other rookie has received. He scores very inefficiently. Only rookie that shoots more shots per game than Waiters is probably lillard. http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... der_by=fga

Also, you are under selling barnes by not having him in the top 5.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#99 » by B Mac » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:45 am

I guess I can understand the Barnes argument, but I never have liked his game.

You think Dion is inconsistant? Check out Barnes' game log. Sure he'll give you games where he'll shoot 9-11 but he also will surround that by two or three games where he goes 2-8, 1-5, or 3-12. He also isnt going to give you much of a floor game outside of scoring. I dont see anything in Barnes game to really think he is going to be superior to Dion from what he has done so far. Heck even Barnes' PER is over half a point below Dion's and Barnes is on a winning team. You would think on a team that is 8th overall in ppg Barnes would find a way to contribute a bit more but he hasnt so far.

Still, just like Dion, he is a rookie and he is going to get better, so this whole argument is a bit premature which was the whole point I was trying to make to begin with. :)
gordito
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#100 » by gordito » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 pm

B Mac wrote:I love what Waiters has been showing the past few weeks. I am confused at the not worthy of the #4 pick statement that you keep saying fart. In a redraft Drummond and Lilliard go higher but MGK goes lower. Something like:

1. Davis
2. Drummond
3. Beal
5. Lilliard

How in the world would MKG drop below Waiters though? I still think he would go top 4, at the worst.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers