ImageImageImage

What's next for the Cavs? Follow up moves & Roster talk.

Moderator: ijspeelman

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: What's next for the Cavs? Follow up moves & Roster talk. 

Post#721 » by Dupp » Mon Oct 6, 2014 11:07 pm

Probably a pretty big chance but hopefully not
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#722 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Oct 7, 2014 1:31 am

Love will if he is all about the money.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#723 » by jbk1234 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 2:15 am

fart wrote:So, with the new TV deals, is there any chance Love opts in to his contract and waits till 2016 to seek a new contract instead of opting out this summer and signing a 5 year max with us this summer? That would suck, I want him locked up as soon as possible.

That wouldn't be such a bad outcome. Best case scenario both Love and LBJ give us two years and then re-up for another five.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#724 » by improvisor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:47 am

SwishMaster90 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
mup wrote:I think we only have 16 with those guys, right? So cut one of them (or Powell if he doesn't impress in training camp). We still need other pieces though, so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I actually thought Powell was the only 5 who looked good in summer league. I think he beats out Haywood as the second unit's center. Assuming the Cavs don't bring in anyone else, they should just cut the Utah player who has the least amount of money on his contract.

Powell was awful his first starts in SL, all he really did was fumble the ball and turn it over and missed Jumpshots. Although he seemed better when more confident, like the last game, I believe Cooley was the most refreshing out of the bunch. Even Kirk was watchable.
If only Cooley was a few inches taller he was dominant in sl. At least Kirk is looking good now.

Sent from my QMV7B using RealGM Forums mobile app
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#725 » by improvisor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Roster is down to 15.

Av
Love
Lebron
Waiters
Irving

Bench

Thompson
Haywood
Delly
Miller
James
Marion
Price
Amunson
Kirk
Harris

Kirk and Harris might be spending majority of their time in Canton this season. Amunson or price most likely waived just in case we upgrade in the middle of season.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#726 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Wed Nov 5, 2014 8:48 pm

cool, another spam account with his own blog
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,689

Post#727 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Nov 6, 2014 1:19 pm

Let's say the Cavs trade Waiters, Haywood's expiring and a first round pick, I would imagine they would get a very solid package for that, right? Thinking 3 quality rotation players including an athletic big that can defend and a 3+D guy. That would not be an unrealistic return right?
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#728 » by mandurugo » Fri Nov 7, 2014 1:22 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:Let's say the Cavs trade Waiters, Haywood's expiring and a first round pick, I would imagine they would get a very solid package for that, right? Thinking 3 quality rotation players including an athletic big that can defend and a 3+D guy. That would not be an unrealistic return right?

Actually, it sounds unrealistic. What three players are you thinking they can get with that package that fits that description?
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#729 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Nov 7, 2014 9:02 am

mandurugo wrote:Actually, it sounds unrealistic. What three players are you thinking they can get with that package that fits that description?

I don't know, maybe Afflalo, Foye and Nate after the Nuggets realizes that they aren't going nowhere in the West this year? They get a good 22-year-old prospect and a 1st round pick along with an expiring contract. Although Cleveland may does not have any first round picks. I don't know, I'm obviously not thinking star players here. Maybe the T-Wolves with Kevin Martin, Budinger and Mo Williams? But of course they want to win this year so they also have to realize first that it is probably not going to happen this season.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#730 » by mandurugo » Fri Nov 7, 2014 5:04 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
mandurugo wrote:Actually, it sounds unrealistic. What three players are you thinking they can get with that package that fits that description?

I don't know, maybe Afflalo, Foye and Nate after the Nuggets realizes that they aren't going nowhere in the West this year? They get a good 22-year-old prospect and a 1st round pick along with an expiring contract. Although Cleveland may does not have any first round picks. I don't know, I'm obviously not thinking star players here. Maybe the T-Wolves with Kevin Martin, Budinger and Mo Williams? But of course they want to win this year so they also have to realize first that it is probably not going to happen this season.

Hmmm, I think your original idea is still going to be tough, but I tend to underrate Waiters. I'm sure they can get something, but 3+D and and athletic big is a tough combo to find. Consider your Wolves idea - it might be possible if Martin fades going into the year. But it doesn't fill any of your desires. That's the part where I'm struggling to think of a good target for you.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#731 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Nov 7, 2014 6:17 pm

Yeah, you are probably right, a quality big may be out of the question. Some shooters, defenders and a backup PG could be more realistic package. I guess it depends on how much some GM or coach likes Waiters' long term potential. I imagine that could vary greatly around the league.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#732 » by B Mac » Fri Nov 7, 2014 6:48 pm

Considering the Cavs turned down Waiters for Hibbert this summer, I think that kind of package is where you need to look if you think the Cavs really want to trade Dion (which they don't).
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#733 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:05 pm

How would you all feel about some kind of trade involving Waiters and Avery Bradley? I don't know if BOS would want a third team, but Bradley is an all-NBA defender (literally) and absolutely excels playing off the ball, especially in an offense with good spacing..
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#734 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:08 pm

I actually think Bradley would be a Great fit in Cleveland.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#735 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:09 am

Yeah I mean it's an obvious fit but the price is the issue...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#736 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:18 am

The Celtics would probably think about Bradley for Waiters... If Haywood's contract and Gerald Wallace were involved, we do it yesterday. Bradley to CLE, Waiters and Wallace to IND, Hibbert to BOS also probably a yes..

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#737 » by Dupp » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:08 am

andy582 wrote:The Celtics would probably think about Bradley for Waiters... If Haywood's contract and Gerald Wallace were involved, we do it yesterday. Bradley to CLE, Waiters and Wallace to IND, Hibbert to BOS also probably a yes..

No chance in hell we do that
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#738 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:39 am

I mentioned three different deals..
canguy20m
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#739 » by canguy20m » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:58 am

the team needs more ball movement. trade for iguodala, he's probably available. and maybe ridnour. wonder if wroten is available.
Cavs1017
Banned User
And1: 503

Post#740 » by Cavs1017 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:01 pm

I made it through 4 years but it's only now that I'm questioning my integrity as a fan.

there's no shame in being a fan of a bad team, but we have a chance to be a special kind of laughing stock of the league if we don't pull it through very soon & things go the right way.

when heat didn't mash instantly, at least their fans knew they had 4 years to of that team no matter what... we only have Kyrie as a sure thing long term.

Sucks.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers