Ex-Miami LBJ Fans, Sign Up Here

Moderator: ijspeelman

lbjmiami
Sophomore
And1: 47

Re: Ex-Miami LBJ Fans, Sign Up Here 

Post#21 » by lbjmiami » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Checking in.
I joined this forum in 2010 when Lebron joined MIA. I don't know why my join date has changed, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thank you.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#22 » by gflem » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:53 pm

ixxa wrote:bandwagon LBJ fans in Europe here.

no sure who to root when the Cavs facing the Heats

Im a bit older than many here I think, so I am much more into being a team fan as opposed to a player fan. However, I can understand people from areas with no team being player fans, and of course people from other countries as well. I think the whole social media thing has really changed how people watch and root for sports teams and players.
It's the obnoxious front runners that really get under my skin though.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#23 » by BossHoggin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:40 am

The only "bad" fans are the ones who bad mouthed Cleveland for the last four years to prop up LeBron. I know at least one guilty party who posted in this thread.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
kib0yski
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#24 » by kib0yski » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:44 am

Count me IN! baby! Lebron fan since day one!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#25 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:02 am

bondom34 wrote:I used to be a Lebron fan in his pre-Heat days, but became an OKC fan because of Russ and KD. I'm still an OKC fan, but will be rooting for you guys in the east. I'll gladly hop on the bandwagon for a season (unless they play OKC of course!).

I THOUGHT YOU WERE A PACERS FAN IN THE EAST!?!?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#26 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:34 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I used to be a Lebron fan in his pre-Heat days, but became an OKC fan because of Russ and KD. I'm still an OKC fan, but will be rooting for you guys in the east. I'll gladly hop on the bandwagon for a season (unless they play OKC of course!).

Sorry, I'm a sucker for a good story..... :oops: . And if I'm rooting for more than 1 team, why not 3? They're both behind OKC :D .

Walks away in shame...
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:37 am

bondom34 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Walks away in shame...

SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!!

:nod:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:48 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Walks away in shame...

SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!!

I'm not givin up on Indy either, bummed they lost Lance. Lebron going home is a heckuva story for the season.

Edit: And apologies to Pacer Nation. :D
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:01 am

bondom34 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Walks away in shame...

SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!!

I'm not givin up on Indy either, bummed they lost Lance. Lebron going home is a heckuva story for the season.

Haha! No worries. I've lived in Cleveland for 6 years, so I'm around this forum a little bit, and mildly interested in how the Cavs do.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:06 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!!

Haha! No worries. I've lived in Cleveland for 6 years, so I'm around this forum a little bit, and mildly interested in how the Cavs do.

And if you ever need a WC team to bandwagon for a while, the Thunder are open for business! :nod:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:09 am

bondom34 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I'm not givin up on Indy either, bummed they lost Lance. Lebron going home is a heckuva story for the season.

And if you ever need a WC team to bandwagon for a while, the Thunder are open for business! :nod:

I don't bandwagon, good sir! It's just more fun to live in a city with a winning team. It brings something out in the people and in the day to day life. The excitement in this city since Lebron returned has simply been palpable, and noticeable in daily life. It certainly seems indicative of a new optimism in this region.

The wife and I may be moving next July. If so, maybe I'll have a new city that I kind of pay attention to, but I wouldn't classify it as "bandwagoning" level. :wink:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:11 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I don't bandwagon, good sir! It's just more fun to live in a city with a winning team. It brings something out in the people and in the day to day life. The excitement in this city since Lebron returned has simply been palpable, and noticeable in daily life. It certainly seems indicative of a new optimism in this region.

The wife and I may be moving next July. If so, maybe I'll have a new city that I kind of pay attention to, but I wouldn't classify it as "bandwagoning" level. :wink:

Cool! I don't live in an NBA city, and grew up w/ my family not following the NBA, so I've always been a "player fan" kinda guy. Now I just like the way OKC runs things, but I'm a sucker for a good story like this, even if just for a season.
BballMania47
Senior
And1: 315

Post#33 » by BballMania47 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:17 am

Long story, first saw LeBron in 2007-2008 but originally was impressed with Boobie's 3's and became a fan then started noticing LeBron (who was passing to him for all of them) Then saw him battle Pierce and felt bad that they were a loose ball short of advancing. Have been hooked since. Spent the 2008-2010 season following the team online (radio) as I didn't know about pc streams. It was hell in college doing this. Barely had a life my freshman year lol. Bron still never has had a better big connection than with AV, loved the picture taking though everyone hated them. Favorite moment LeBron's made 3 to tie the ECF 1-1 and the shot of the arena.
Anyway, I followed him in Miami but was always disappointed in the level of productivity of Bosh and
Wade (though he at least dealt with injuries. Bosh had no excuse). Rooted for him to go back to Cleveland because of the fans and because unlike other Heat fans thought they deserved to have him for some of his prime yrs as they had 4. Already remember listening to the radio feed and trying to imagine the game while hearing Deep in the QQQQQ. Tried to listen to the radio this season just for fun... don't know how I was able to do that but Austin Carr's voice made it possible back then "Throw the hammer down". Checking in but I can honestly say for the past 6 yrs ( from radio and live streams) I've probably missed 10 total games. Hardcore fan and excited for the season. However I hope he never leaves and this is it for him :D Oh, and I still wish the Heat luck. Just not against Cavs lol
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#34 » by antistrat » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:35 am

BballMania47 wrote:Long story, first saw LeBron in 2007-2008 but originally was impressed with Boobie's 3's and became a fan then started noticing LeBron (who was passing to him for all of them) Then saw him battle Pierce and felt bad that they were a loose ball short of advancing. Have been hooked since. Spent the 2008-2010 season following the team online (radio) as I didn't know about pc streams. It was hell in college doing this. Barely had a life my freshman year lol. Bron still never has had a better big connection than with AV, loved the picture taking though everyone hated them. Favorite moment LeBron's made 3 to tie the ECF 1-1 and the shot of the arena.
Anyway, I followed him in Miami but was always disappointed in the level of productivity of Bosh and
Wade (though he at least dealt with injuries. Bosh had no excuse). Rooted for him to go back to Cleveland because of the fans and because unlike other Heat fans thought they deserved to have him for some of his prime yrs as they had 4. Already remember listening to the radio feed and trying to imagine the game while hearing Deep in the QQQQQ. Tried to do that the other day... never again. Checking in but I can honestly say for the past 6 yrs ( from radio and live streams) I've probably missed 10 total games. Hardcore fan and excited for the season. However I hope he never leaves and this is it for him :D Oh, and I still wish the Heat luck. Just not against Cavs lol

Yeah, I was also hoping he'd go back to Cleveland. Even though I had no issue with Miami - everyone there was great. I just thought his future, and his story, and, basically, everything, was going to be better if he went back home. I hate to say this, but the criticism of Heat fans in AAA is legit - the fans there do get up for big games sometimes, and every once in a while the place can really rock, but it's not regular - and the empty seats never made sense to me. "LeBron deserves better than to play in front of a crowd like that," I would think to myself. The Q just has a better atmosphere - I've always missed it and I wanted LeBron to go back to it, because no matter how great he was going to be in Miami it just would never have been like it was in Cleveland (knock on wood, hopefully it can be like that again).

I also recall that MVP chants in the Q were deafening. It never got that way in Miami.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,240

Post#35 » by Rapaz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:02 am

antistrat wrote:
BballMania47 wrote:Long story, first saw LeBron in 2007-2008 but originally was impressed with Boobie's 3's and became a fan then started noticing LeBron (who was passing to him for all of them) Then saw him battle Pierce and felt bad that they were a loose ball short of advancing. Have been hooked since. Spent the 2008-2010 season following the team online (radio) as I didn't know about pc streams. It was hell in college doing this. Barely had a life my freshman year lol. Bron still never has had a better big connection than with AV, loved the picture taking though everyone hated them. Favorite moment LeBron's made 3 to tie the ECF 1-1 and the shot of the arena.
Wade (though he at least dealt with injuries. Bosh had no excuse). Rooted for him to go back to Cleveland because of the fans and because unlike other Heat fans thought they deserved to have him for some of his prime yrs as they had 4. Already remember listening to the radio feed and trying to imagine the game while hearing Deep in the QQQQQ. Tried to do that the other day... never again. Checking in but I can honestly say for the past 6 yrs ( from radio and live streams) I've probably missed 10 total games. Hardcore fan and excited for the season. However I hope he never leaves and this is it for him :D Oh, and I still wish the Heat luck. Just not against Cavs lol

Yeah, I was also hoping he'd go back to Cleveland. Even though I had no issue with Miami - everyone there was great. I just thought his future, and his story, and, basically, everything, was going to be better if he went back home. I hate to say this, but the criticism of Heat fans in AAA is legit - the fans there do get up for big games sometimes, and every once in a while the place can really rock, but it's not regular - and the empty seats never made sense to me. "LeBron deserves better than to play in front of a crowd like that," I would think to myself. The Q just has a better atmosphere - I've always missed it and I wanted LeBron to go back to it, because no matter how great he was going to be in Miami it just would never have been like it was in Cleveland (knock on wood, hopefully it can be like that again).

I also recall that MVP chants in the Q were deafening. It never got that way in Miami.

Utter nonsense.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL83-xPedDU[/youtube]
Sorkoram
Senior
And1: 284

Post#36 » by Sorkoram » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:26 am

Never had a professional team in my state growing up (Arkansas), followed LeBron's entire career and attended plenty of Cavs' games during undergrad at tOSU.
Buckeye State of Mind.
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#37 » by ifrosty13 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:32 am

They're your problem now, Cleveland.
HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach
And1: 758

Post#38 » by HeatFanSince87 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:11 am