ImageImageImage

How good was lebron back in highschool

Moderator: ijspeelman

Watchlist
Banned User
And1: 88

How good was lebron back in highschool 

Post#1 » by Watchlist » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 pm

31pts 13rebs 6ats and against a top ranked team with getting his head at the rim, is he better than wiggins right now

http://youtu.be/Di8W0jBlaAE
Roger Mexico
Banned User
And1: 150

Re: How good was lebron back in highschool goddamn 

Post#2 » by Roger Mexico » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:28 pm

I saw the kid play in high school. Easily could have scored 50 a game. Could have scored at will. His unselfishness was on display at that young age. The thing is he truly wanted to get Romeo, Dru, Sean (even that red headed white kid who was a great shooter, btw) and others their points. The haters really are going to smack themselves when they finally grow up and realize how stupid they were trying so hard to dis him when he was playing. He is a generational talent and player.
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#3 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:40 pm

he was amazing but what's crazy is he had haters saying he'll be a bust.

hell he even had them after 2 years in the league.
#FreeGuwop
Roger Mexico
Banned User

Post#4 » by Roger Mexico » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:50 pm

KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:he was amazing but what's crazy is he had haters saying he'll be a bust.

Hell, he had them his rookie season IN Cleveland. I was active on the Cleveland.com boards and there were more than a few cats dogging on James ad nauseum. Just crazy. There was one guy that I am pretty sure Lebron must have had sex with his girl in front of him or something, because he was just absolutely illogical with his hate of the guy. I'm just glad we had him in the beginning and again at his prime. The time away sucked as Cavs fans, but has shown that he has grown as a human being. That much is obvious. He was always a beast as a player.
Wvkk0000
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#5 » by Wvkk0000 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Far superior than wiggins. Athletically they were both dominant, but lebron had excellent handles, high basketball IQ and was an excellent passer (I mean did you see those passes he threw at the Mcdonalds all american game!?). Lebron was slightly a better shooter (both were around 35% from 3pt). Andrew Wiggins is similar to T-Mac but with mediocre handles. If anyone is interested there's an interview with isiah Thomas who talked about drafting Tmac back in toronto. It was interesting because he said Tmac looked so passive and slow, but it was because everything came so easy to him. That's exactly what I see with wiggins
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran

Post#6 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:01 am

Roger Mexico wrote:
KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:he was amazing but what's crazy is he had haters saying he'll be a bust.

Hell, he had them his rookie season IN Cleveland. I was active on the Cleveland.com boards and there were more than a few cats dogging on James ad nauseum. Just crazy. There was one guy that I am pretty sure Lebron must have had sex with his girl in front of him or something, because he was just absolutely illogical with his hate of the guy. I'm just glad we had him in the beginning and again at his prime. The time away sucked as Cavs fans, but has shown that he has grown as a human being. That much is obvious. He was always a beast as a player.

I mean he had them after his 2nd year in Cleveland.
#FreeGuwop
Wvkk0000
Ballboy

Post#7 » by Wvkk0000 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:03 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhYCyQrfevo[/youtube]

Here is the interview about Tmac coming out of high school with Isiah Thomas. Describes exactly what I see with Wiggins
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran

Post#8 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:06 am

Wvkk0000 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhYCyQrfevo[/youtube]

Here is the interview about Tmac coming out of high school with Isiah Thomas. Describes exactly what I see with Wiggins

wow... wiggins is lebron to lebron...

this has nothing to do with him & here he is.
#FreeGuwop
Wvkk0000
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Wvkk0000 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:13 am

KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:

The topic was asking if Lebron was better than Wiggins was right now. In which I clearly said Lebron was better and explained why. I included this to show what level Wiggins was in HS
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran

Post#10 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:15 am

Wvkk0000 wrote:
KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:

The topic was asking if Lebron was better than Wiggins was right now. In which I clearly said Lebron was better and explained why. I included this to show what level Wiggins was in HS

oh my bad didn't see that part.
#FreeGuwop
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#11 » by antistrat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:45 am

LeBron was incredible back in high school. ESPN once ranked LBJ as the 3rd best high school athlete ever after Jim Ryun and Tiger Woods - so since Ryun and Woods are track and golf, that means they think he was the best high school athlete ever for any organized team sport. Kareem was 4th after James.

Here are some quotes from back then that I've collected:

Sonny Vaccaro, the Adidas rep who signed the first shoe deals with Jordan (for Nike), Bryant and McGrady:

At this age LeBron is better than anybody I've seen in 37 years in this business, including Kevin [Garnett] and Kobe [Bryant] and Tracy.

Sports Illustrated, February 18, 2002:

Ohio high school junior LeBron James is so good that he's already being mentioned as the heir to Air Jordan.

Eastern Conference general manager:

I'm very careful about dishing out too much praise for these young kids coming out of school, because I know it's going to be an adjustment no matter how good they are. But this kid looks like he could come in and play right away without missing a beat. LeBron is a phenomenal talent, probably the best I've ever seen coming out of high school.

Western Conference scouting director:

Basketball-wise he's the best high school player I've ever seen. He has a very rare combination of skills but also charisma off the court. He's so mature beyond his age. He handles all this attention amazingly well. Of course he's also just a super athlete, handles the ball like a point guard, makes decisions in the open floor. And he's playing on a team with basically nobody -- there's really only one other guy on his team who has a shot at a Division I scholarship.

I saw his game last year with Oak Hill and he went toe-to-toe with Carmelo Anthony, who most people will tell you is another great player. The scoring was pretty much a wash (Anthony scored 34 points, James 36) but Carmelo had help. LeBron was all over the map. He made everybody on his team better.

Western Conference general manager:

The hype is pretty justified.

Germantown (Pa.) Academy coach Jim Fenerty, who watched LeBron pile up 38 points and 17 rebounds in a 70-64 defeat of his Patriots:

We played Kobe when Kobe was a senior, and LeBron is the best player we've ever played against. LeBron is physically stronger as a junior than Kobe was as a senior, and we've never had anybody shoot better against us.

ESPN The Magazine, 2002:

Not since Lew Alcindor has a high school senior been hoisted this high over the bean stalk, and there's an entire basketball public tripping all over itself in anticipation. Michael calls him "Young Buck." Shaq is proud to say, "I'm in his Rolodex." And Cleveland coach John Lucas has said, "Gotta have him, gotta have him."

Jack McCallum, 2003:

NBA officials will tell you that we've seen this before, a phenom receiving big bucks, arriving amid much fanfare. But they're kidding themselves and they know it. No one has gotten this much this soon, no one has ever entered any league under so much scrutiny.

Carlos Boozer:

You can only call it court sense. The way he takes advantage of a situation right away can't be taught. He just has it.

Anonymous NBA scout:

The most surprising thing is that a guy who could dominate offensively is so unselfish. Most of these young guys don't know how to play, but he looks to make the pass first, and he's great at it.

ESPN The Magazine, 2002:

He could win the NBA dunk contest right now, but it's his basketball IQ, his feel for the game, that has league cellar dwellers thinking savior. Scouts like that he's a people person, and predict he'll make a better teammate than Kobe. They say he'll be a distributor as a rookie, a go-to guy by Year 2 and on a Wheaties box by Year 3.

John Lucas:

I kept hearing he was better than Kobe. So I went to see him play at an AAU tournament and stayed 11 hours. Stayed 11 hours looking for a weakness.
Wolves_Nation
Bench Warmer
And1: 403

Post#12 » by Wolves_Nation » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:47 am

That LeBron/Melo series where they played a couple of games was one to watch! It's amazing how dominant that team was when you look at other schools. Other schools had multiple high level D1 players, LeBron's team had 1 other D1 player was it?
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran

Post#13 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:04 am

proud to say I've witnessed that even if he never came back.

now the city is known for more than tires, that man made Akron one of most famous cities in the world for the size

It's such well known city in sports world that everyone knows it as much as they know Cleveland itself.
#FreeGuwop
Scrapachenko
Senior
And1: 300

Post#14 » by Scrapachenko » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:05 am

Roger Mexico wrote:

The poster you're thinking of is the one and only "Now" aka the bane of my existence from 2001-2007 or so... I was defending lbj only the reg from him on Cleveland.com. I think/hope he died from getting raped by a pack of boars a few years back.
Roger Mexico
Banned User

Post#15 » by Roger Mexico » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:15 am

Scrapachenko wrote:
Roger Mexico wrote:

The poster you're thinking of is the one and only "Now" aka the bane of my existence from 2001-2007 or so... I was defending lbj only the reg from him on Cleveland.com. I think/hope he died from getting raped by a pack of boars a few years back.

LMAO...Yes, "Now" was indeed the idiot I was thinking of. Though I think Now may have welcomed being raped by a pack of boars back in the day as you see their morality was based on base instincts thus "God's programming" so hey, being killed by them was A-OK! Do you mind me asking what your handle was back then in the Cleveland.com days? I was "scotchsoaked" in the later days, but cannot for the life of me remember what my forum handle was earlier than that. I was banned a lot for basically putting the hammer to the anvil when it came to misanthropes such as Now back in the day. I also remember,"hahahahaha", the dumber version of Now, if that was possible.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#16 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:33 am

LeBron was NBA ready as a Junior in HS. He had a practice with the Cavs, and dominated them. That kid was unbelievable as a teen.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Re: How good was lebron back in highschool 

Post#17 » by B Mac » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:18 am

My favorite LeBron high school memory was his Jr year and the game at the Canton Memorial Fieldhouse that Shaq came to when the Lakers were in town to play the Cavs.

I was a Sr. in high school and my high school always had a back to back night where we would play a team and then St. V would play a team after. Since I was a senior I got to sit right in the front row of the student section, which for this particular game happened to be right behind the hoop. LeBron had 2 dunks where his momentum ended up carrying him right into me and I got the "pleasure" of holding up a sweaty LeBron. Pretty gross, but still an awesome story.

This was the game right after LeBron was put on the cover of Sports Illustrated and his buzz was really starting to pick up. There had been rumors that Shaq was coming to watch, but no one really believed it. Ron Harper was there and sitting about 20 feet away from me. In the 2nd quarter all of a sudden the whole arena started buzzing and sure enough in walked Shaq in a full purple sweatsuit surrounded by body guards that he made look tiny. Everyone just froze and watched him walk in, including the actual game itself. Once he took his place next to Harper the game started back up and LeBron really started to show off.

That might have been the last time that LeBron ended up being shown up by Shaq. From that point on LeBron was pretty much always the most famous person in any room.
Scrapachenko
Senior
And1: 300

Post#18 » by Scrapachenko » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Roger Mexico wrote:
Scrapachenko wrote:
Roger Mexico wrote:

LMAO...Yes, "Now" was indeed the idiot I was thinking of. Though I think Now may have welcomed being raped by a pack of boars back in the day as you see their morality was based on base instincts thus "God's programming" so hey, being killed by them was A-OK! Do you mind me asking what your handle was back then in the Cleveland.com days? I was "scotchsoaked" in the later days, but cannot for the life of me remember what my forum handle was earlier than that. I was banned a lot for basically putting the hammer to the anvil when it came to misanthropes such as Now back in the day. I also remember,"hahahahaha", the dumber version of Now, if that was possible.

I was scar4343. I also wrote the wine & gold report for cleveland.com for a while.
Roger Mexico
Banned User

Post#19 » by Roger Mexico » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Scrapachenko wrote:
Roger Mexico wrote:
Scrapachenko wrote:

I was scar4343. I also wrote the wine & gold report for cleveland.com for a while.

scar4343...Yes, you were one of the good ones. Good hearing from you again.
mshal101
Sophomore
And1: 69

Re: How good was lebron back in highschool 

Post#20 » by mshal101 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:01 pm

He was a beast.
But I remember the game vs Melo.,
WOW.
But overall Melo was better in high school.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers