ImageImageImage

Blatt won't commit to Starting Waiters.

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Re: Blatt won't commit to Starting Waiters. 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Unless they are starting Delly at the 2, I don't see another option defensively. You can't send Mike Miller out there alongside Kyrie with Love protecting the rim. That's a layup drill.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#22 » by improvisor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:54 pm

"You know how crazy that city would be, man, if we win a title? That's the main focus right now. I can't focus on Dion. I've got to focus on the team and what's best."
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20140827_Dion_Waiters_stays_in_Cleveland__King_s_orders.html#r19Chp8diffO1tgQ.99
guwop
Banned User
And1: 31

Post#23 » by guwop » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:53 am

Dion's job just got incredibly tougher & I think he regrets not breaking out first 2 years.

Sure his efficiency will sky rocket as his defense will, then LeBron will get the credit.

When's the last time a player that plays with LeBron had his game elevated purely because they played next to LeBron? Mario Chalmers? Mo Williams?

That being said I think Dion will average 15/4/4 on .410+ 3% shooting and .560 FG% but will continue to be underrated.

Well, really it all depends on how much ESPN hypes him up.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#24 » by youngthegiant » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:13 pm

guwop wrote:Dion's job just got incredibly tougher & I think he regrets not breaking out first 2 years.

Sure his efficiency will sky rocket as his defense will, then LeBron will get the credit.

When's the last time a player that plays with LeBron had his game elevated purely because they played next to LeBron? Mario Chalmers? Mo Williams?

That being said I think Dion will average 15/4/4 on .410+ 3% shooting and .560 FG% but will continue to be underrated.

No way he can jump up to a 56% fg. That is way too hard, he has been in the low 40s his previous two years.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#25 » by improvisor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:27 pm

I see him jumping up again this year. Not 56% but I see around 45% which is good at the 2.
guwop
Banned User

Post#26 » by guwop » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:34 pm

youngthegiant wrote:
guwop wrote:Dion's job just got incredibly tougher & I think he regrets not breaking out first 2 years.

No way he can jump up to a 56% fg. That is way too hard, he has been in the low 40s his previous two years.

don't know why I said 56% that's crazy maybe I meant TS%, 50% shooting.
Kizzle
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#27 » by Kizzle » Mon Sep 1, 2014 12:36 am

SmoothKobra wrote:He'll start because LeBron likes him. Blatt isn't going to overrule LeBron on anything.

You need to do your research on Blatt if you feel this is how he will be
SmoothKobra
Starter
And1: 638

Post#28 » by SmoothKobra » Mon Sep 1, 2014 2:22 am

Kizzle wrote:
SmoothKobra wrote:He'll start because LeBron likes him. Blatt isn't going to overrule LeBron on anything.

You need to do your research on Blatt if you feel this is how he will be

Yeah, because one of the two people you mentioned is replacable. This is LeBron's team, if things get rocky, LeBron won't be the one to go.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#29 » by Dupp » Mon Sep 1, 2014 2:51 am

If things are rocky neither will go it will get sorted out just like in Miami. Blatt is in charge of rotations not lebron. Lebron isn't a dumb kid anymore he knows how a successful team is run and it's not by trying to go above the coach.
SmoothKobra
Starter

Post#30 » by SmoothKobra » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:09 am

Dupp wrote:If things are rocky neither will go it will get sorted out just like in Miami. Blatt is in charge of rotations not lebron. Lebron isn't a dumb kid anymore he knows how a successful team is run and it's not by trying to go above the coach.

LeBron just traded 7+ guaranteed years of Wiggins for 10 guaranteed months of Kevin Love. There is absolutely no question who is running the team at this point. Blatt will be LeBron's subordinate, not the other way around.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#31 » by Dupp » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:15 am

Lebron is not the coach and he doesn't care if waiters start or not.
DontH8TheBrody
Junior
And1: 394

Post#32 » by DontH8TheBrody » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:25 am

I agree with the idea that Waiters would be awesome for you guys off the bench. He plays 6th man role puts up 15/16 ppg anchors the bench while Lebron/KI/Love get there first unit touches. Fourth quarter lineup Waiters plays the rest of the way to close games out. You could go with a pure knockdown shooter to start like Miller or Allen, only problem with that though is backcourt defense very poor with Irving/Miller/Allen starting.
    PG: Westbrook/Jackson/Smith
    SG: Roberson/Morrow/Lamb
    SF: Durant/Jones/Lamb
    PF: Ibaka/Collison/McGary
    C: Adams/Perkins

THUNDER UP 0 | 35 | 9 |15 | 11 | 3 | 12
Kizzle
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#33 » by Kizzle » Tue Sep 2, 2014 4:44 pm

SmoothKobra wrote:
Dupp wrote:If things are rocky neither will go it will get sorted out just like in Miami. Blatt is in charge of rotations not lebron. Lebron isn't a dumb kid anymore he knows how a successful team is run and it's not by trying to go above the coach.

LeBron just traded 7+ guaranteed years of Wiggins for 10 guaranteed months of Kevin Love. There is absolutely no question who is running the team at this point. Blatt will be LeBron's subordinate, not the other way around.

It's cool to ignore facts but c'mon. It came out Loves mouth that. His committed long term. What basis do you really have that he won't sign? That he'd lie to the whole world?
SmoothKobra
Starter

Post#34 » by SmoothKobra » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:07 am

Dupp wrote:Lebron is not the coach and he doesn't care if waiters start or not.

About Waiters starting, and LeBron's involvement in his place in the rotation:

Sam Amico:
I've been led to believe they want him to start. And when I say "they," I mean "LeBron."

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/sam ... mes-090314
SmoothKobra
Starter

Post#35 » by SmoothKobra » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:09 am

Kizzle wrote:
SmoothKobra wrote:

It's cool to ignore facts but c'mon. It came out Loves mouth that. His committed long term. What basis do you really have that he won't sign? That he'd lie to the whole world?

LOL. A verbal commitment doesn't mean anything. He can change his mind next week. Just coming out of his mouth doesn't mean anything. You know how many times LeBron said he couldn't see himself leaving Miami? How many people said Dwight was staying after the LA trade?

The decision on Love is nearly a year away...it'll be a bit before we know what happens there. He's not 100% coming back.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#36 » by Dupp » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:27 am

SmoothKobra wrote:

Sam Amico:
I've been led to believe they want him to start. And when I say "they," I mean "LeBron."

Oh **** that must be a fact then!!!

We have no other player besides waiters capable of starting at the 2 so of course he's gonna start.
SmoothKobra
Starter

Post#37 » by SmoothKobra » Fri Sep 5, 2014 6:01 am

Dupp wrote:
SmoothKobra wrote:

Sam Amico:

Oh **** that must be a fact then!!!

We have no other player besides waiters capable of starting at the 2 so of course he's gonna start.

We didn't last year either and Mike Brown benched Waiters because he didn't like him. However, Waiters seems to be buddies with LeBron, which means he's going to be in the starting lineup.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#38 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Sep 5, 2014 10:28 am

LeBron is buddies with Tristan as well, does that mean he'll start?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#39 » by mcfly1204 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 4:06 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:LeBron is buddies with Tristan as well, does that mean he'll start?

Someone should probably post LeBron's buddy depth chart to help clear this up.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
guwop
Banned User

Post#40 » by guwop » Fri Sep 5, 2014 6:25 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:LeBron is buddies with Tristan as well, does that mean he'll start?

Someone should probably post LeBron's buddy depth chart to help clear this up.

does this mean Romeo Travis is going to start?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers