ImageImageImage

lets be real....

Moderator: ijspeelman

fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

lets be real.... 

Post#1 » by fart » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:16 am

Everybody talking about how this year might be a struggle and we need time to mesh and will only win 50-55 games. Everybody talking about how we have no defense or a center and are not even clear cut favorites to win the east. Imma be real.

Lebron
Marion
Love
Varejao
Tristan
Haywood

How is that not clearly the best front court in the league BY FAR barring major injury. I challenge anyone to show me a better front court. Ima be real.

Irving
Waiters
Dellavadova
Miller
Jones

That's AT LEAST a top 10 back court in the league. How are we not title favorites?! So sick of everybody trying to temper expectations. Who is gonna beat us?!
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore
And1: 91

Re: lets be real.... 

Post#2 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Spurs are better, because you don't get to be #1 without earning it. See, Pacers fans, Knicks fans complaining about how no one gives their squads any respect. Then they go and stink up the playoffs.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#3 » by johnnyballgame » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:23 am

fart wrote:Everybody talking about how this year might be a struggle and we need time to mesh and will only win 50-55 games. Everybody talking about how we have no defense or a center and are not even clear cut favorites to win the east. Imma be real.

Lebron
Marion
Love
Varejao
Tristan
Haywood

How is that not clearly the best front court in the league BY FAR barring major injury. I challenge anyone to show me a better front court. Ima be real.

Irving
Waiters
Dellavadova
Miller
Jones

That's AT LEAST a top 10 back court in the league. How are we not title favorites?! So sick of everybody trying to temper expectations. Who is gonna beat us?!

I hear what you're saying and if anything I'm closer to agreeing with you than not.
But there's more to winning a title than just names on paper or a screen. Ask the Brooklyn Nets. Ask the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton, etc.

and to be honest our names aren't all that special.
Lebron and Love are awesome.
Marion, Varejao, Thompson, Haywood - are they really as good as you're thinking? We'll have to wait and see. Haywood could even be terrible at this point.

As far as the back court, even Irving has his faults (defense). The rest of them have major, major warts.
Our biggest problem is most of the warts are the same (defense).
I'm not knocking you for it, but you're definitely judging the back court with a bias.
If those guys played for your rival you wouldn't fear them the same. And that's okay - it's part of being a fan.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#4 » by Ugly Duckling » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:44 am

fart wrote:Who is gonna beat us?!

Us. Just like we did in 1992, 1993 and 1994 when you had Mark Price and Brad Daugherty.
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#5 » by gflem » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:43 pm

d-rose [heroes] wrote:

Us. Just like we did in 1992, 1993 and 1994 when you had Mark Price and Brad Daugherty.

Yeah, you had that Jordan guy then, we have this Lebron guy now. I guess we will see how this works out.
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by fart » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:20 pm

d-rose [heroes] wrote:

SargentBargs101 wrote:

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#7 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:40 am

Have the heat ever won a series against a LeBron led team?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#8 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:34 am

The Spurs are a concern but I think we can improve to that level.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#9 » by WesleyExChiFan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:40 am

d-rose [heroes] wrote:

Did you really go and make a throwaway RealGM account just to come on the Cavs board to say that? Because that's what it looks like.

In case you didn't, it's mostly adults here, so try to act the part okay?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#10 » by Dupp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:05 am

I think at this stage the spurs and okc are better and clippers are about on par with us. We will make the finals though so you never know. I don't expect to beat okc or SA in year one.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#11 » by crazy_me_87 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Dupp wrote:I think at this stage the spurs and okc are better and clippers are about on par with us. We will make the finals though so you never know. I don't expect to beat okc or SA in year one.

Spurs if healthy, yes i agree with you... OKC.. who knows... they have basically no championchip experience on the Team.. we have our Veterans wich already won, OKC not so much. on a Talent Level they are up to par with us.. but i am not sure who will be stronger mentally... Westbrook can still be a headcase... Durant can get immitated by Lebron and Ibaka is not a lead guy.

and LAC.. they are deep and talented.. great Coach.. but they just seem "soft" to me.. to reliant on the 3ball etc.. but will see

im with you with not "expecting" a championchip this year... because that has to be earned.. and especcially SA are the champs till beaten. we have a good shot at the Finals with Chicago basing their contender status on a All Star Level to MVP Level DRose.. wich i am not ready to just assume after missing nearly 2 years.
and once we are there... anything is possible.

but i like the culture wich seems to develop here... beeing confident while remembering that nothing is given, all is earned!
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore

Post#12 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:52 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:Have the heat ever won a series against a LeBron led team?

Have the bulls?
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#13 » by King Stannis » Wed Oct 1, 2014 5:49 am

CAVS ARE BACK wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:Have the heat ever won a series against a LeBron led team?

Have the bulls?

I want to play!

Have the Wizards??!?!
Bend the knee.

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#14 » by Dupp » Wed Oct 1, 2014 7:27 am

Have the Spurs?

Oh :(
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,065

Post#15 » by tidho » Wed Oct 1, 2014 7:32 pm

fart wrote:Everybody talking about how this year might be a struggle and we need time to mesh and will only win 50-55 games. Everybody talking about how we have no defense or a center and are not even clear cut favorites to win the east. Imma be real.

I think the Wizzards and Bulls each (if healthy) have about as much talent as the Cavaliers do.
I honestly don't see why anyone would think 60+ is going to be likely.
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by fart » Wed Oct 1, 2014 7:45 pm

tidho wrote:

I think the Wizzards and Bulls each (if healthy) have about as much talent as the Cavaliers do.

You don't see why anyone would expect 60 wins from this team. Wizards are on the same level? I don't even know what to say to that.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#17 » by Cicero » Thu Oct 2, 2014 12:56 am

lol someone make sure they save this thread link somewhere for posterity/laughter later.
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore

Post#18 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:04 am

Cicero wrote:lol someone make sure they save this thread link somewhere for posterity/laughter later.

No one said anything bad about your team.
But Kevin Love/Kyrie Irving are more like 2013 Wade/Bosh than that joke 2014 series. Don't count your chickens before they hatch just because your team won last year.

Bulls and Wizards guys randomly showing up when their teams haven't been relevant since Michael Jordan played for them.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,065

Post#19 » by tidho » Thu Oct 2, 2014 2:19 pm

fart wrote:
tidho wrote:

You don't see why anyone would expect 60 wins from this team. Wizards are on the same level? I don't even know what to say to that.

There have been a lot of really great teams that didn't win 60 games in a season. There's no reason to pretend that's easy, even for a stacked team. Its possible, but I don't see 60+ as likely for anybody.
I didn't say the Wizards were on the same level, I said they have about as much talent. No they can't match LeBron but they are deep and talented. If you consider defense, their back court is better than the Cavaliers' as are their bigs. Its not an easy matchup.
bleveland
Banned User
And1: 108

Post#20 » by bleveland » Fri Oct 3, 2014 1:02 pm

d-rose [heroes] wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers