ImageImageImage

Bosh: KLove Faces Unsettling Transition to New Cavs Role

Moderator: ijspeelman

shuttleworthjs
Banned User
And1: 1

Bosh: KLove Faces Unsettling Transition to New Cavs Role 

Post#1 » by shuttleworthjs » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:22 am

"Exactly," Bosh said. "'You've got to do this! You've got to do that!' So you've got to fight that. 'Why don’t you do this? Well, you should do this!' It's like, man, they don't need me to do that, I know what I'm doing. 'Well, you should do this.' And then eventually, on one of those days, all it takes is one time, well, maybe I should be doing this. It's such a psychological battle."

"It's going to be very difficult for him," Bosh said of Love's new task. "Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn't make any difference. You still have to go through things, you still have to figure out things on your own. It's extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He's going to have to deal with that."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2225639-kevin-love-faces-unsettling-transition-alongside-lebron-says-chris-bosh

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Re: Bosh: KLove Faces Unsettling Transition to New Cavs Role 

Post#2 » by crazy_me_87 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:53 am

Boshs unsettling transition hadnt much to do with playing with Lebron... more with how Spo decided to use him

out of all Megastars Lebron is by far the easiest to play with.. he enjoys giving you his assists
he wont insist in his own shot if Love stands open on the 3pt line on second

Its up to Coach Blatt to get all his guys shots and i have no doubt he will... his reputation as offensive genious is starting to emerge

1 Preseason Game.... and people think they know exactly how its gonna be the rest of the season ...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 pm

If you read all of Bosh's comments the implication isn't nearly as bad as the quoted language in isolation. He's essentially saying that it's an adjustment no longer being the No. 1 option and dealing with less touches. What was apparently frustrating was listening to every yahoo with an opinion tell him how to adjust.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#4 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:17 am

Ehh this is just some nonsense that allows folks to think the Cavs might implode. I hope Love is uncomfortable playing with Lebronto the tune of 2 championships
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#5 » by miltk » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:19 am

1...love is smarter than bosh
2...what love does, he can do with any team, ie rebound(which every team needs) and shoot the 3's, his inside game is better, and he's always been a good passer. rebounding and outletting is the same...it's the OTHER players who'll have to be ready to break.
3...love has shown the ability to redefine himself even before cleve.

but of course every player must adjust on a new team and frankly cleve has a new coach so everyone will have to change anyway.

shuttleworthjs wrote:
"Exactly," Bosh said. "'You've got to do this! You've got to do that!' So you've got to fight that. 'Why don’t you do this? Well, you should do this!' It's like, man, they don't need me to do that, I know what I'm doing. 'Well, you should do this.' And then eventually, on one of those days, all it takes is one time, well, maybe I should be doing this. It's such a psychological battle."

"It's going to be very difficult for him," Bosh said of Love's new task. "Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn't make any difference. You still have to go through things, you still have to figure out things on your own. It's extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He's going to have to deal with that."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2225639-kevin-love-faces-unsettling-transition-alongside-lebron-says-chris-bosh

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#6 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:41 am

Bosh needs to just worry about his own trash team.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#7 » by King Stannis » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:48 am

Love didn't look too unsettled last night.
Bend the knee.

ChartFiction
Starter
And1: 2,766

Post#8 » by ChartFiction » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:50 pm

miltk wrote:1...love is smarter than bosh

Why'd you say that so matter of factly like you know these guys :lol:. What makes you think Love is smarter than Bosh?
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#9 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:01 pm

ChartFiction wrote:
miltk wrote:1...love is smarter than bosh

Why'd you say that so matter of factly like you know these guys :lol:. What makes you think Love is smarter than Bosh?

Probably bc Love has ignored people like Bosh and barely gave a second glance to Twolves owner when taking digs, and Bosh on the other hand worries far too much about the Cavs and not enough about his own team.
RonSwanson
Junior
And1: 315

Post#10 » by RonSwanson » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:11 pm

jbk1234 wrote:If you read all of Bosh's comments the implication isn't nearly as bad as the quoted language in isolation. He's essentially saying that it's an adjustment no longer being the No. 1 option and dealing with less touches. What was apparently frustrating was listening to every yahoo with an opinion tell him how to adjust.

I think people are making too much of what Bosh said. However, I do believe when Bosh states something like this ...

“It’s going to be very difficult for him. Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn’t make any difference. It’s extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He’s going to have to deal with it.”

...I still sense a bit of bitterness. In reality, Bosh is making assumptions regarding Love's mental approach to this and he assumes Love will feel the same way. Sure, he may be "just answering a general question", but Bosh is savvy enough to know that -- based on the attention Miami received for the past four years -- his words will not go unnoticed. He knew what he was saying when he elaborated on how difficult it's going to be playing in a situation where he isn't going to get all the touches while playing alongside a talent like LeBron. It's just plain dumb for Bosh to assume.

For one, Blatt will undoubtedly run a more up tempo, efficient offensive system. So, while the expectation for Love's numbers to decrease are there, they may be overly exaggerated. I still believe he can go for 20 and 10 and will get just as many chances playing in Blatt's system. Bosh doesn't take that into consideration. He just assumes in this sense that all situations are equal and they clearly are not.

it also goes against the narrative that the Heat franchise, fans and media have moved on when they collectively continue to have discussions -- either directly or indirectly -- about LeBron. And, because of all this, the anti-LeBron sentiment on the Heat board has grown dramatically since he initially left. Reading the thread about LeBron's official signing with Cleveland back in July, Heat fans were very level headed and graceful when LeBron left. But since then, their anger has surfaced and it's been much more difficult for them to hide. Whether it's Pat Riley, Bosh, Chalmers or anyone else, you can tell they feel scorned and they are lashing out in a very passive-aggressive manner. Go read for yourself on their board. (Especially the preseason Cavs / Heat game thread).

Bosh may not have taken a jab directly, but he knew exactly what he was saying when he made those comments and so did everyone else. Miami fans are just in denial about it.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers