ImageImageImage

Why Cavs WILL go to the finals..

Moderator: ijspeelman

lbjmiami
Sophomore
And1: 47

Why Cavs WILL go to the finals.. 

Post#1 » by lbjmiami » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:58 am

Why cavs will go to the finals: yes its presason, but still this is a sign of how amazing they will be. It's 4Q and the highest scorer is Varejao and Cavs are beating Bulls by 10 points. Lebron only has 14 points and Love only has 8. Okay Irving has 22, but still..talk about spacing..jeez..against The best frontcourt in the East too...oh man..
I joined this forum in 2010 when Lebron joined MIA. I don't know why my join date has changed, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thank you.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Why Cavs WILL go to the finals.. 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 am

Waiters is a liability for the offense and the flow of the game, he needs to be playing the 6th man/Jamal Crawford role.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#3 » by tidho » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 am

And why they won't?....they can't guard Rose (nor Wall, Westbrook, or Parker).
They are still a piece short.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#4 » by miltk » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:58 am

kluv has to be a 20/15 man. he's the best rebounder in the nba and he could be a terror for the cavs,,,UNLESS the coach lets him wander outside looking for his 3's. it's great the he can spread the floor, but i prefer 22/15 and more chances for his outlet passes, than 27/11. and the cavs don't need him scoring as much as the wolves did.
kevindurant1
Junior
And1: 162

Post#5 » by kevindurant1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 am

tidho wrote:And why they won't?....they can't guard Rose (nor Wall, Westbrook, or Parker).
They are still a piece short.

Its about the cavs going to the finals.

I dont see anybody in the east beating them.
RatherUnique
Analyst
And1: 1,431

Post#6 » by RatherUnique » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 pm

They have A+ rebounding & several 3 point shooters. They also have the league's best player in addition to two other guys that can give you 20.

Nobody in the east can handle ALL of that.
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#7 » by SaiCLE » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:07 pm

There's a large possibility that we will make the finals but a few things need to be tweaked during the regular season. The good thing is our defense has been good enough to get a few stops in the preseason. But that interior needs to be patched up immediately. Besides I love how our big men don't back down to big front courts (Pacers and Bulls)
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#8 » by SaiCLE » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:10 pm

RatherUnique wrote:They have A+ rebounding & several 3 point shooters. They also have the league's best player in addition to two other guys that can give you 20.

Nobody in the east can handle ALL of that.

Yep, this is why I'm happy we signed coach Blatt. He knows how to coach an awesome offense that will complement not only the big 3 but also the entire team
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#9 » by Dupp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Fischella wrote:Waiters is a liability for the offense and the flow of the game, he needs to be playing the 6th man/Jamal Crawford role.

No he doesn't.
drag_on
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#10 » by drag_on » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Waiters will be the Percy Harvin of the NBA this season. If they wanna win, better trade his ass. You think he's gonna take all the yelling and criticism from Lebron on the court and be cool with the media off the court? He aint gonna be happy being 4th option..that's for sure.
tidho
General Manager

Post#11 » by tidho » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 pm

drag_on wrote:Waiters will be the Percy Harvin of the NBA this season. If they wanna win, better trade his ass. You think he's gonna take all the yelling and criticism from Lebron on the court and be cool with the media off the court? He aint gonna be happy being 4th option..that's for sure.

Waiters wants to win, and he's in a contact year. He may very well pull a Harden in the offseason, but this year he's going to put on a smile and do what he's told.
tidho
General Manager

Post#12 » by tidho » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Dupp wrote:
Fischella wrote:Waiters is a liability for the offense and the flow of the game, he needs to be playing the 6th man/Jamal Crawford role.

No he doesn't.

I like him better in the 6th man role for this team, but that's really a role he could fill and still technically start too. There has been a lot of chatter about the amount of shots he's taken but the vast majority are wide open jumpers playing off the others....he's just not knocking those down like he demonstrated he could last year yet.
82W-0L
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#13 » by 82W-0L » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Cavs have come together faster than I expected. They seem to be picking-up Blatt's system and gelling already. We will learn a lot more when we play the Bulls on Halloween night. From what I have seen so far though I think we should be the favorites in the East by a pretty good margin.
drag_on
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#14 » by drag_on » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 pm

tidho wrote:
drag_on wrote:Waiters will be the Percy Harvin of the NBA this season. If they wanna win, better trade his ass. You think he's gonna take all the yelling and criticism from Lebron on the court and be cool with the media off the court? He aint gonna be happy being 4th option..that's for sure.

Waiters wants to win, and he's in a contact year. He may very well pull a Harden in the offseason, but this year he's going to put on a smile and do what he's told.

EVERYONE wants to win, well at least they don't want to lose. But, when you're in a contract year, you don't always go with the flow. Waiters is going to chuck and go iso whenever he gets the chance to. I'll be surprised if he can even get close to 17/4/4 on 49% like Harden did leading his second unit. That's what you need to get close to the max...you think he isn't gonna aim for it? This is a guy who thinks he is as good as anyone...
Dupp
RealGM

Post#15 » by Dupp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:29 pm

tidho wrote:
Dupp wrote:

No he doesn't.

I like him better in the 6th man role for this team, but that's really a role he could fill and still technically start too. There has been a lot of chatter about the amount of shots he's taken but the vast majority are wide open jumpers playing off the others....he's just not knocking those down like he demonstrated he could last year yet.

People can say waiters should or shouldn't start all they want but at the end of the day there's no one else on this roster that can start at the 2
Dupp
RealGM

Post#16 » by Dupp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Also this " waiters should lead the second unit" isn't really a thing. Lebron, love and Kyrie are basically never all gonna be on the bench at the same time unless it's garbage time. We will always have one of waiters, Kyrie, delly or lebron on the court to handle the ball.

Like I said with the way te roster is constructed waiters has to play big minutes at the 2 and the easiest way to do that is as a starter.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#17 » by zimpy27 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:22 pm

1 M. Dellavedova | D. Waiters 691:07 +12.4
    2 A. Varejao | D. Waiters 1064:19 +7.1
    3 M. Dellavedova | J. Jack 670:02 +6.9
    4 K. Irving | C. Miles 635:55 +4.3

Lat years, best 4 2-man lineups for cleveland last year. Plus/minus is per 100 possessions. Notice that Waiters and Delly together were 3 times more effective than Kyrie in his best pairing.

Waiters is not the concern, I think Kyrie is the concern.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
WestEndZone
Banned User
And1: 240

Post#18 » by WestEndZone » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:05 am

kyrie is better fit with Bran than wade was at their first season.

love actually has a y chromosome unlike bosh.

Don't cross the line waiters is much better than whoever the heats ever had.

and bran is better than ever. looking more athletic with the lost weight.

all time reg season win or the longest win streak are achievable goals.

-B Mac
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#19 » by CoolD » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:09 am

WestEndZone wrote:kyrie is better fit with Bran than wade was at their first season.

muhammad waiters is much better than whoever the heats ever had.

calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#20 » by calibanPK » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:04 pm

WestEndZone wrote:kyrie is better fit with Bran than wade was at their first season.

muhammad waiters is much better than whoever the heats ever had.

Did Bran see the 3 eyed raven tho?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers