Kevin Love

Moderator: ijspeelman

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Re: Kevin Love 

Post#21 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 am

Well it's not silly at all considering it was what actually happened and players are allowed to talk to other players about teaming up, hence the reason why it wasnt tampering.

This thing was orchestrated well before LeBron made his official announcement. It's also the reason why no one should think that Love or LeBron plan on going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#22 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:04 pm

B Mac wrote:Well it's not silly at all considering it was what actually happened and players are allowed to talk to other players about teaming up, hence the reason why it wasnt tampering.

This thing was orchestrated well before LeBron made his official announcement. It's also the reason why no one should think that Love or LeBron plan on going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Lebron James, for all his greatness, can not force a team to trade a player to his own team. To think otherwise is silly.

Few teams would give up serious assets without a good reason to believe Love would resign. So clearly Love had some say and clearly he had a desire to play with Lebron. I get that. But there were other options which were out of Lebron's control. What if Golden State had been in favor of giving up Thompson for Love? Was it Lebron who talked them out of that?

Regardless. You still haven't answered the question.

Love on a max deal or Wiggins on a rookie deal. Who would you rater have right now in Cleveland?
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#23 » by mcscotty » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
B Mac wrote:Well it's not silly at all considering it was what actually happened and players are allowed to talk to other players about teaming up, hence the reason why it wasnt tampering.

Lebron James, for all his greatness, can not force a team to trade a player to his own team. To think otherwise is silly.

Few teams would give up serious assets without a good reason to believe Love would resign. So clearly Love had some say and clearly he had a desire to play with Lebron. I get that. But there were other options which were out of Lebron's control. What if Golden State had been in favor of giving up Thompson for Love? Was it Lebron who talked them out of that?

Regardless. You still haven't answered the question.

Love on a max deal or Wiggins on a rookie deal. Who would you rater have right now in Cleveland?

It's still early, but the answer is appearing more obvious. There's always been that "can he win" cloud hanging over Love's head, and after a half season in Cleveland, it still hasn't dissipated.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#24 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:26 am

Kevin Love cannot hit pick and pop 3s. It's a waste of a possession every time we run that play. Need to keep his pick n pop opportunities inside the perimeter.
MPrice25
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#25 » by MPrice25 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:34 am

Love over Wiggins without a doubt. Having Wiggins here means more shots for Lebron, Irving and Waiters is still probably here as well. We needed 3 things if you take out Wiggins and Love, a post defender, a scoring PF/C and a wing defender. Love was as good as it gets for a scoring PF/C and we eventually got that post defender and a couple wing defenders in Shumpurt and Marion.

Wiggins is putting up average numbers for a top pick playing as the 2nd option at worst on the worst team in the league. There really isn't anything impressive about him on offense yet.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#26 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:12 am

Wiggins had actually shown a lot lately. Scoring at a good rate with good efficiency, shooting the three well and has a half decent post game.

Saying wiggins hasn't shown anything is just a stupid way to make ourselves feel better for trading him
MPrice25
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#27 » by MPrice25 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:58 am

No he hasn't shown anything. 15 PPG from the #1 pick who was called the best HS player since Lebron? Whooop de doo.
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#28 » by KnickerBonkerz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:31 pm

B Mac wrote:LeBron wasnt coming unless the Love deal was already worked out. So you have to look at the deal on the whole. Wiggins for Love and LeBron? No brainer.

The trade was made after Lebron signed so I somehow doubt that is the case

the trade looks less bad now that they've bolstered their lineup with 2 guys (Smith and Shump) that will give you what Wiggins may have provided. We don't know how Wiggins would've done on the Cavs either he may not have played as well. Probably would've sat on the bench a lot more.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#29 » by B Mac » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:49 am

Sigh...

I guess I cant prove that the Love deal was done before LeBron ever signed, but those of you who have been around here long enough to know me would know I wouldnt say something so confidently unless I was 100% sure of it.

Fact is, LeBron had it all worked out. From Love to Miller, Jones, and he expected Allen too. Although that one looks significantly less likely than it did back in September. Do you really think he conveniently left out Wiggins and Bennett from his letter announcing all of the young guys he was excited to come play with?

I really dont know why its so hard to believe. It seems pretty obvious to me actually.
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#30 » by King Stannis » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:41 am

A LeBron/Wiggins/Irving team was never in the cards. Ever.

The only scenario in which Wiggins is in a Cavs uniform is one where LeBron isn't.

It is known.
Bend the knee.

Euphorics
Junior
And1: 228

Post#31 » by Euphorics » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 pm

King Stannis wrote:A LeBron/Wiggins/Irving team was never in the cards. Ever.

The only scenario in which Wiggins is in a Cavs uniform is one where LeBron isn't.

It is known.

This.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#32 » by Dupp » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:24 am

mr4rthqrtr wrote:Dupp just go root for another team already.

Which team did you root for before Lebron came back? Maybe i could try them.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#33 » by Dupp » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Everyone knows wiggins is gonna be good stop being irrational and bitter.
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,594

Post#34 » by Ursusamericanus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:08 am

How bad is Love's back, and do you think it's something to be concerned about for the postseason?

I think taking a week or two of rest like LeBron did might be wise but I don't know too much about the situation. Thought you guys might.

King Stannis wrote:
It is known.

Watch out for Melisandre. :P
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#35 » by King Stannis » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:15 am

He probably won't make the ASG, so he'll get a week at least.
Bend the knee.

Dupp
RealGM

Post#36 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:43 am

He looked real bad today. Did not want the ball inside the three point line at all. Was weird he just refused to get on the block or go inside the perimeter at all.
His three point shooting is still very frustrating.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#37 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:33 pm

I'm not sure what's going through your head but basic comprehension seems hard for you. Wiggins rookie year is not on par with waiters. He is better, clearly. What does Kyrie have to do with anything?

As for love "playing defense". Again not what I was talking about. He's elite on the other side of the ball and if he's struggling there or doesn't want touches inside the arc it's a concern.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#38 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:09 pm

I don't hate love I dunno where you got that idea. I think he's better than Kyrie and we need him to play like he is for us to go on a deep playoff run.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#39 » by yoyoboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:30 am

Hey guys, just gave my thoughts on the Wiggins-Love trade in the player comparison board, where I detailed why people are mistaken in saying that Love sucks and Wiggins is way better. Check it out.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1374580&p=42804242#p42804242
seohioguy
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#40 » by seohioguy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:33 am

During the Cavs last 10 games:
31:10mpg, 46.6fg%, 44.6 3p%, 72.4% ft, 15.8 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 2.4 apg, 0.78 spg, 0.22 bpg, 8 turnovers, 15 fouls

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers