ImageImageImage

Rotation Questions

Moderator: ijspeelman

kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Rotation Questions 

Post#1 » by kiwibrindle » Fri Mar 6, 2015 12:59 pm

Guys I think Blatt has done fine so far. I definately see an inprovement off of time outs and quarters on Plays. But I do have questions on the current trends on the floor:

- Why don't Moz play more minutes in the 4th quarter? TT has been fine at times for rebounds but as a stopper and an offensive threat he's not great.

- When will Kevin Love be used in more pick and role or pop basketball plays at the end since LBJ has to dominate the ball so much at the end of games?

- Delly is fine for 2nd or 3rd quarter guard minutes to lighten the Kyrie load, but the way Shump and JR are playing dee why do we see Delly at all in the 4th?

- Perk is horrible but he should be used for a message once in a while. On OKC he played 19 minutes a game. I do not like his game at all but he has more value that Haywood on the bench.

Thoughts?
Sports Fellow
Banned User
And1: 7

Rotation Questions 

Post#2 » by Sports Fellow » Fri Mar 6, 2015 3:33 pm

I agree.

All of the points you made seem like obvious things for Blatt to do and it's really frustrating to see Delly play over shumpert in the fourth or watch Torontos 7 footer continue to score in the fourth while Mozgov is on the bench.

TT plays well but the fourth quarter is a time to increase your ability to defend or get easy points, shouldn't have your energy/second chance guy out there in crucial minutes.

The lack of pick and rolls involving our big 3 is baffling as well.

Kevin love should be used in the high post more as well. He can pass and score from there with lebron or kyrie off the ball. I first realized I disliked Blatt when we were using varejao sort of in this way. He would touch the ball on every possession in places wher love would be 100x more effective.

I really don't think Blatt is a good coach at all. Doesn't do a lot of obvious things which ends up hurting our team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Re: Rotation Questions 

Post#3 » by SaiCLE » Fri Mar 6, 2015 6:40 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:Guys I think Blatt has done fine so far. I definately see an inprovement off of time outs and quarters on Plays. But I do have questions on the current trends on the floor:

- Why don't Moz play more minutes in the 4th quarter? TT has been fine at times for rebounds but as a stopper and an offensive threat he's not great.

- When will Kevin Love be used in more pick and role or pop basketball plays at the end since LBJ has to dominate the ball so much at the end of games?

- Delly is fine for 2nd or 3rd quarter guard minutes to lighten the Kyrie load, but the way Shump and JR are playing dee why do we see Delly at all in the 4th?

- Perk is horrible but he should be used for a message once in a while. On OKC he played 19 minutes a game. I do not like his game at all but he has more value that Haywood on the bench.

Thoughts?

- Tristan has been huge for us in 4th quarters and I guess Blatt trusts him more when it comes to getting those close rebounds.

-What have you been watching lately? Love has been used more as a pick and pop guy these last few games. LBJ is going to dominate the ball at the end of games simply because he's efficient at ISO. Do I condone ISO? Hell No :lol:

- Man I have no idea why Blatt loves Delly so much. He works hard but he can't play more than 10-15 minutes. Every time I see a PG cross him I get so pissed :banghead:

- I think Perk is decent not terrible. If coach would tell him to come in for 10 minutes a game and play physical and try to rebound only. I think he could excel in that role.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder why Blatt loves using James Jones over Love. Now that's scary lol
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Re: Rotation Questions 

Post#4 » by Dupp » Fri Mar 6, 2015 7:46 pm

Yeah why was love not In the game in the 4th vs Toronto?

But as for points you've noticed I agree and do wonder why Mozgod never plays in the 4th and wonder if it's a motor issue? Fair enough in games like the rockets game when TT has 11 offensive boards but in general moz should be the go to man.

Our rotations do look terrible due to a lack of depth mostly. We need Marion back desperately as a competent backup to the king.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers