ImageImageImage

First Round: Cavs vs. Celtics (CLE Win 4-0)

Moderator: ijspeelman

LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Re: First Round: Cavs vs. Celtics (CLE leads 1-0) 

Post#21 » by LoveThemCavs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:41 pm

There is always something that happens to Cleveland to ruin a title run. Curse lives on. I can't imagine Love will be ready to play anytime soon.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#22 » by johnnyballgame » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Its probably two weeks as a best case scenario. Not good as we needed him most versus Chicago. They're going to be very tough inside if Loves shot isn't good enough to draw some of their size outside.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#23 » by LoveThemCavs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Yes and the refs really need to get control of game 4 right now.. JR likely is going to get suspended for atleast game 1 of the Chicago series as well.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#24 » by Dupp » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Yeah we're **** now. ****
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#25 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:23 pm

To be honest, everything that happened in this game was the fault of bad refereeing. It seems that the reason that the Cavs started retaliating on the Celtics bushleague fouls and play was because it was being allowed by the refs. They let that get out of hand and these were the responses. That said, it never should have happened. Nothing we could have done about Love but JR definitely shouldn't be retaliating when his team is up 20. Oh and I'm still laughing at folks saying that the Celtics would have been closer had Crowder stayed in. Hell, it was with Crowder on the floor that we build the big league, who's to say that wouldn't have continued had the Cavs not lost poise which led to his injury to begin with.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#26 » by SaiCLE » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Olynk should consider himself lucky, because Stevens kept taking him out whenever Blatt put Perkins in. I lost a lot of respect for that bitter organization after today. How the f*ck did Olynk stay in that game after that destroying Love's shoulder? A team full of scrubs that know there season was over decides to take out a member of the big 3.
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#27 » by ohio » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:56 pm

ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#28 » by ohio » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:42 am

well, Jae, I can tell you about 2 guys that should've been intimidating to you prior to today on the Cavs team.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

First Round: Cavs vs. Celtics (CLE leads 1-0) 

Post#29 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:50 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:To be honest, everything that happened in this game was the fault of bad refereeing. It seems that the reason that the Cavs started retaliating on the Celtics bushleague fouls and play was because it was being allowed by the refs. They let that get out of hand and these were the responses. That said, it never should have happened. Nothing we could have done about Love but JR definitely shouldn't be retaliating when his team is up 20. Oh and I'm still laughing at folks saying that the Celtics would have been closer had Crowder stayed in. Hell, it was with Crowder on the floor that we build the big league, who's to say that wouldn't have continued had the Cavs not lost poise which led to his injury to begin with.

Kendrick Perkins played his part perfectly today. I know Smith cannot pass up taking a shot, but this is why you have teammates like Perkins & Haywood.
ThirdEyeSharp
Junior
And1: 36

Post#30 » by ThirdEyeSharp » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:32 am

If the refs called the loose ball foul on Crowder where he was all over JR's back the clear out would never had happened.

Was really stupid on JR's part, but I'm not sure he knew it was his face, he might have just been trying to clear him out up high, not KO him. It sucks man, Love is gone and JR is gone.

Crowder is a punk though, he was pushing and shoving Smith and LeBron after Jerebko mauled Kyrie in the face in Game 3, they were trying to help Kyrie up and crowder instigated the fight and JR got a tech somehow.

Happy this series is over. After years of being beaten by Stevens here at CSU, it's not uncommon to see a Brad Stevens coached team play dirty. Glad to see him lose though, I wish the worst for that franchise.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#31 » by johnnyballgame » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:34 am

Yes, the referees absolutely had no clue and let the series get chippy, but while blaming them don't forget that our rookie head coach could have made a statement much earlier by putting Perkins in for just a couple of frickin minutes of games one, two or three. That statement being that we can play physical too.

I'm not saying fire him. I'm saying he has a lot to learn, despite his own extremely high opinion of his self.

I'm not even sure why he didnt let Perkins have a "coming back home" kind of welcome from the crowd in game one garbage time. Would have made it that much harder for those bean town hippocrites to complain about his smacking around Crowder. I've never rooted for a player to get hurt but I'm reaaaaallly happy Mr. Crowder met Mr karma. If only Mr. Olynyk could join him.

Even more ridiculous is the one player who intentionally ran across half the court just to shove a guy and then poked his face in a provoking manner got the lightest punishment from the league. JR didn't punch anyone. He threw a wild elbow. That happens all the time without two game suspensions. And to suspend Olynyk at all means they think it was intentional. One game for intentionally hurting a guys arm?
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers