Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,084

Stevens refused to play Olynyk with Perkins 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:28 am

I thought this was an interesting observation:

And if you think Brad Stevens doesn’t deserve any blame, then you’re surely mistaken as well. Stevens failed to control his team’s roughhouse antics the entire series, and he was fully complicit in the chicken**** show that was Kelly Olynyk’s appearances for the remainder of the game after Love’s injury. Stevens refused to put Olynyk on the floor at the same time as Perkins — Cleveland’s “enforcer.” At one point in the third, Olynyk was ready to check in, and then Blatt sent Perk in, and Olynyk sat back down. This was nothing short of a gross display of cowardice by Olynyk and Stevens, and a complete and total abdication of leadership by Brad. Any kind of leader that has any kind of brains and guts knows that Kelly’s teammates were going to pay the price for his actions if Olynyk was on the bench.

Stevens should have taken Olynyk aside and said, “Look. You did something really stupid. If I don’t put you back in to take your licks, we’re all going to pay for it. Go in. Perk, or someone is going to hit you with an elbow or a dirty screen or something. Be ready. Don’t react. Take your punishment and that will be the end of it. If it’s excessive, I’ll deal.” Stevens didn’t do that, and the whole game spiraled out of hand.

http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=33230#more-33230
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Re: Stevens refused to play Olynyk with Perkins 

Post#2 » by ohio » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:34 am

yep.

should see how this will transpire long term even with JR/Jae if lack of Love cuts Cleveland short of a championship.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers