ImageImageImage

What do the Cavs need to do to win the finals

Moderator: ijspeelman

What do the Cavs need to do to win the finals

1. Lebron needs to get other players like Shump and JR more involved
43%
2. Lebron need dominate offensively by scoring every possession.
39%
3. Others
17%

Total votes: 23

likeohmygod
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: What do the Cavs need to do to win the finals 

Post#21 » by likeohmygod » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:51 pm

i selected ''others'' here's why....... blatt subbed in mozgov late in the 3rd was it? whenever it was, I was thinking to myself he should have been subbed in about 3 minutes earlier....... also..... just before the half ended, and lebron was on the bench, and the cavs were down by about 5.... and golden state was getting the momentum in their favor....... I thought lebron should be put back in, JUST SO THAT the warriors didn't GET MORE MOMENTUM......... so....... i selected ''others'' because IN MY OPINION..... BLATT is the reason they are losing....... sure, jr.smith and shumpert are in a slump the last two games, and by the way i'm not even a cavs fan...... im just speaking objectively in my opinion looking at the cavs................ blatt needs to play BIG BALL..... not try to match up to the warriors small ball....... bottom line....... play your game........... play TT at the 4, mozgov at the 5, and james at the 3, and bully the warriors, simple as that....... then you win the finals........ and everything else works out, jr.smith and shumpert get back in their rhythm, and so does delly....... blatt should also give a BIT more minutes to mike miller and marion....... it's pathetic IN MY OPINION that he isn't playing them more....... and im not even a cavs fan, im just peaking objectively :) anyway.......... i'm not rooting for the cavs, just i have identified IN MY OPINION why they are losing..... and what they need to do to fix it - which is the point of this thread :) bbye :)
Sean Weezy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Sean Weezy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:16 pm

likeohmygod wrote:i selected ''others'' here's why....... blatt subbed in mozgov late in the 3rd was it? whenever it was, I was thinking to myself he should have been subbed in about 3 minutes earlier....... also..... just before the half ended, and lebron was on the bench, and the cavs were down by about 5.... and golden state was getting the momentum in their favor....... I thought lebron should be put back in, JUST SO THAT the warriors didn't GET MORE MOMENTUM......... so....... i selected ''others'' because IN MY OPINION..... BLATT is the reason they are losing....... sure, jr.smith and shumpert are in a slump the last two games, and by the way i'm not even a cavs fan...... im just speaking objectively in my opinion looking at the cavs................ blatt needs to play BIG BALL..... not try to match up to the warriors small ball....... bottom line....... play your game........... play TT at the 4, mozgov at the 5, and james at the 3, and bully the warriors, simple as that....... then you win the finals........ and everything else works out, jr.smith and shumpert get back in their rhythm, and so does delly....... blatt should also give a BIT more minutes to mike miller and marion....... it's pathetic IN MY OPINION that he isn't playing them more....... and im not even a cavs fan, im just peaking objectively :) anyway.......... i'm not rooting for the cavs, just i have identified IN MY OPINION why they are losing..... and what they need to do to fix it - which is the point of this thread :) bbye :)

Agreed, and I think those changes will happen. We're going to see Team-Player Coach LeBron James play a factor.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#23 » by RavenMad31 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:30 pm

I heard some guy call in on the radio today and he pretty much said, "If Lebron can just have one of those crazy 55-60 point games and then maybe repeat that, then I think the Cavs have a pretty good shot at winning this thing." A. He's right. i think that's what it would take for this series to even see game 7 and B. Just listen to what this guy is saying and what our insane expectations of this guy are.
If anyone in sports has been a victim of his own success, it's him. We have been watching a decade of historically great basketball and not even seeing it, let along appreciating it. We are way too busy counting rings, picking at flaws and whispering about Michael Jordan to really grasp what kind of talent we are witnessing and what kind of career he is putting together.
MattDellavedova
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#24 » by MattDellavedova » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:59 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:I heard some guy call in on the radio today and he pretty much said, "If Lebron can just have one of those crazy 55-60 point games and then maybe repeat that, then I think the Cavs have a pretty good shot at winning this thing." A. He's right. i think that's what it would take for this series to even see game 7 and B. Just listen to what this guy is saying and what our insane expectations of this guy are.
If anyone in sports has been a victim of his own success, it's him. We have been watching a decade of historically great basketball and not even seeing it, let along appreciating it. We are way too busy counting rings, picking at flaws and whispering about Michael Jordan to really grasp what kind of talent we are witnessing and what kind of career he is putting together.

I agree. It's awful the type of expectations we put on the guy. ESPN was in his high school gym calling him the next Jordan when he was a young HS teenager. Every time he fails (or succeeds for that matter) he gets compared to the greatest player ever lived to show his shortcomings.

The average fan still fails to understand the idea that one player cannot magically win titles with subpar teammates, no matter how good they are. Not even the GOAT, MJ, won a title with 'bad' teammates. When he left for baseball, the Bulls still finished 55-27.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers