ImageImageImage

Dont let anybody tell you that we are better without Love or Kyrie

Moderator: ijspeelman

Kizzle
Ballboy
And1: 3

Dont let anybody tell you that we are better without Love or Kyrie 

Post#1 » by Kizzle » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:13 am

Also don't let anyone tell you that GS didn't do what they had to do. Nobody cant pick who is injured or not and in 2 years no one will even remember how hurt this Cavs team was. So why cry about it?

They played a smart fast team game. It was amazing. They didn't even get huge games from Curry AND Klay at the same time and they still won by a lot because of TEAM ball movement and better more confident coaching. Don't forget that the lineup that won it for Kerr actually got creamed the first 7 mins he played it. If he was Blatt he would've abandoned it.

Good series, and I am actually not too mad another team that was in a drought won it. Its way better than San Antonio or lakers so hey.
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Re: Dont let anybody tell you that we are better without Love or Kyrie 

Post#2 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:36 am

If you guys really want to win now, you need to let Kevin Love walk, and go get D Wade..
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Re: Re: Dont let anybody tell you that we are better without Love or Kyrie 

Post#3 » by improvisor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:45 am

T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:If you guys really want to win now, you need to let Kevin Love walk, and go get D Wade..

I disagree. Love stretches the Floor, Wade doesn't. I won't give up a big for a small.
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:53 am

Love dosent fit with LeBron, I've said that all a long.. Love is very replaceable, the chemistry LeBron and Wade already have, comparing that to LeBron telling Love, " stop trying to find a way to fit out.. and just fit in.." Kevin Love can't be the player he was in Minnesota next to LeBron. . I'm sorry but it's true.
Kizzle
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Kizzle » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:53 am

T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:If you guys really want to win now, you need to let Kevin Love walk, and go get D Wade..

Please attack the post and not the poster.

-B Mac
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:35 am

You are on your 2nd strike on the Cavs board. One more and you are out. I recommend you just stop posting here.

-B Mac
Kizzle
Ballboy

Post#7 » by Kizzle » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Honestly this board sucks anyway. I only post here when I'm tired of having real Cavs conversations on realcavsfans. Congrats on modding this board sir. It's an accomplishment but......like cmon
asuran
Senior
And1: 274

Post#8 » by asuran » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Well TT is looking to get paid, so can't keep both Love and him.
Varajao is still on the books.
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Please tell me B Mac.. what did I do?

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:21 pm

If we really want to be the Nets 2.0 we'll let Love walk and go get Wade.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#11 » by yoyoboy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:31 pm

I don't want Wade. He's on the last legs of his career now and we have enough depth at SG compared to our thin big rotation without Kevin Love (and keeping in mind that Varejao will almost certainly go down at some point during the year).
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#12 » by FrontPageNews » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Maybe if this was 2009
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#13 » by urinesane » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:31 am

Love is a great player, but has to be used properly.

He is a very good 3 point shooter for a big man and spacing the floor is a nice option, but Blatt needs to post him up more.

One of Love's biggest skills is his rebounding and by making him a spot up shooter, Blatt is taking away one of Love's biggest weapons (offensive rebounding). Seriously, Kevin Love is an absolute monster on the glass rebounding, which is strange considering he rarely out jumps anyone. He has a nose for the ball and knows how to throw his body around for position.

If you take Love out of the paint as much as Blatt does, you turn him into a very good role player.

If Blatt doesn't plan on using Love properly, he probably isn't worth the max in Cleveland, but I do think if he were used properly on offense people would see why he was an All-Star in MN. It wasn't just big stats on a bad team, they used Love in a way that maximized his positives (though they couldn't cover up for his D with Pek next to him).
MaxMN
Junior
And1: 95

Post#14 » by MaxMN » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:27 am

B-Mac, does Kizzle get a strike as well?
"Wiggins wasn't as good as our second best player Gay, and it's questionable if he even gets to that level. He isn't proven." -Kings2013 on 06/09/2015
kenneth9265
Head Coach
And1: 9

Post#15 » by kenneth9265 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 10:24 pm

The Cavs lost because of not having Love's rebounding and 3 pt shooting.....along with Kyries' play making/shooting....
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#16 » by Little Digger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:52 am

Doubt Love would have even been left on the floor when GSW went to small-ball..If Mozgov couldnt deal with the Curry/Green or Curry/Iguodala pic n rolls, I guarantee you KLove would have no chance..

Love would have given you depth off the bench, so ya if the cavs played him limited minutes, they would have been better.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#17 » by SaiCLE » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Little Digger wrote:Doubt Love would have even been left on the floor when GSW went to small-ball..If Mozgov couldnt deal with the Curry/Green or Curry/Iguodala pic n rolls, I guarantee you KLove would have no chance..

Love would have given you depth off the bench, so ya if the cavs played him limited minutes, they would have been better.

Huh? You do realize love can play small ball right? He would have made a huge difference in the finals.

Warriors won the series because kyrie and love were out. When your only option is LeBron and delly while James Jones is getting significant minutes there is a problem.

Stop twisting narratives to make yourself feel better
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#18 » by SaiCLE » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:35 pm

kenneth9265 wrote:The Cavs lost because of not having Love's rebounding and 3 pt shooting.....along with Kyries' play making/shooting....

Exactly. Cavs blew out the warriors in the regular season due to the big three being healthy. Just wish they were both healthy going into the finals
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#19 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:27 pm

I think the underrated aspect of the Cavs playoff run was how well Delly and Thompson were able to defend. I know Love and Kyrie are incredible offensive talents, but the lineups they played together did not look good defensively. As much as Love and Kyrie look great on paper, the difference systematically in results isn't as wide as many people are interpreting.
ThirdEyeSharp
Junior
And1: 36

Post#20 » by ThirdEyeSharp » Thu Sep 3, 2015 1:39 pm

When the Cavs went 33-9 to close the season, the lineup of Irving-Smith-James-Love-Mozgov was elite defensively. Love led the team in charges drawn and Irving was 3x the defender he was the year prior. Irving outplayed Curry in game 1 and had two crucial blocks, 1 that saved the game.

Delly can't sustain his value as a pest over the course of a game as a starter, while Irving can consistently out produce his opponent counterpart. Thinking that the dropoff from one of the premier shot creators in the NBA to Delly is not that large is pure ignorance. With Love and Irving, we win the finals. Smith, Shumpert, and Thompson all would have benefitted from their precense. The Warriors just had more options with lineup changes due to a healthier roster.

The systematic difference was that our offense went from a team with good ball movement and a spread floor to LeBron isos every trip down, slowed the game down which made our defense "better." Delly kept forcing oops to Thompson when they weren't there and he proved himself to not be a capable ball handler or creator.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers