Who Do You Want Us to Draft?

Moderator: ijspeelman

BasketballFan7
Analyst
And1: 2,344

Re: Who Do You Want Us to Draft? 

Post#21 » by BasketballFan7 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:19 pm

tidho wrote:
FrontPageNews wrote:Really love Christmas. One of my favorite players in the draft. If he was 3 years younger he would have been top 15. I don't think we end up keeping him though. Don't have the roster spot unless someone leaves. Summer league should be fun though.

Neither Haywood nor Perkins will be back (and Marion is already gone). That's at least three open spots even if we keep (crosses fingers) all our free agents. I don't see any reason Christmas (if he's capable) couldn't take one of those spots.

Part of the problem in the playoffs was that half our bench was too old and unathletic to give us anything. Christmas is a run/jump athlete that can defend a little. We need him, and a wing (maybe it can be Sir'Eyenga or whatever his name is) of the same mold along with Mo Williams or whoever they bring in at PG.

Yeah, I don't see why one of the two players drafted couldn't stay. I am starting to wonder if JR will be back as well.

Sir'Dominic Pointer averaged 2.5 BPG and 1.9 SPG last year as a wing. That is impressive. The Cavs could use young legs at the end of the bench, something Miami didn't ever get around to doing.
FGA Restricted All-Time Draft

In My Hood, The Bullies Get Bullied
PG: 2013 Mike Conley, 1998 Greg Anthony
SG: 2005 Manu Ginobili, 2015 Khris Middleton
SF: 1991 Scottie Pippen
PF: 1986 Larry Bird, 1996 Dennis Rodman
C: 1999 Alonzo Mourning
ibrahim tatliseks
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#22 » by ibrahim tatliseks » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:19 am

Euroleague is the second best league in the world and watch Osman's Euroleague highlights from last season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZDzK_3yAfw
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#23 » by FrontPageNews » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:49 am

tidho wrote:
FrontPageNews wrote:Really love Christmas. One of my favorite players in the draft. If he was 3 years younger he would have been top 15. I don't think we end up keeping him though. Don't have the roster spot unless someone leaves. Summer league should be fun though.

Neither Haywood nor Perkins will be back (and Marion is already gone). That's at least three open spots even if we keep (crosses fingers) all our free agents. I don't see any reason Christmas (if he's capable) couldn't take one of those spots.

Part of the problem in the playoffs was that half our bench was too old and unathletic to give us anything. Christmas is a run/jump athlete that can defend a little. We need him, and a wing (maybe it can be Sir'Eyenga or whatever his name is) of the same mold along with Mo Williams or whoever they bring in at PG.

No. We only have 2 spots open with Andy coming back. So we have someone who we will use the Haywood contract on and a MLE player. I highly doubt they will use one of the 2 roster spots on a 2nd round rookie. Those guys rarely make teams anyway.

We need a backup PG and backup SF more.
FrontPageNews
Starter

Post#24 » by FrontPageNews » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:51 am

ibrahim tatliseks wrote:Euroleague is the second best league in the world and watch Osman's Euroleague highlights from last season:

Second best league lmao. That's like saying the cfl is the second best football league in the world. It means nothing. The competition is garbage. I'd say the d league has better players. That's where d league players go when they can't make the nba. They go to Europe.
ibrahim tatliseks
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#25 » by ibrahim tatliseks » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:01 am

FrontPageNews wrote:
ibrahim tatliseks wrote:Euroleague is the second best league in the world and watch Osman's Euroleague highlights from last season:

Second best league lmao. That's like saying the cfl is the second best football league in the world. It means nothing. The competition is garbage. I'd say the d league has better players. That's where d league players go when they can't make the nba. They go to Europe.

How many Euroleague games you've watched recently?
FrontPageNews
Starter

Post#26 » by FrontPageNews » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:11 am

ibrahim tatliseks wrote:
FrontPageNews wrote:

Why does that matter ? Do I need to watch the cfl to know how bad those players are ? Do I need to watch MLS to know how bad those players are ? Even the worst nba players go over to Europe or China and dominate. Very very rarely do any good players come out of there.
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#27 » by ohio » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:17 pm

FrontPageNews wrote:
ibrahim tatliseks wrote:
FrontPageNews wrote:

Why does that matter ? Do I need to watch the cfl to know how bad those players are ? Do I need to watch MLS to know how bad those players are ? Even the worst nba players go over to Europe or China and dominate. Very very rarely do any good players come out of there.

Interesting assessment based on no actual knowledge.

do you know how many current nba players, even all stars, derive from this garbage league?

Where they didn't even necessarily dominate.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers