Moderator: ijspeelman

deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Re: Tristan Thompson conspiracy theories 

Post#81 » by deeps6x » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Fischella wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:There is no conspiracy at issue here. TT turned down $80 million because he thinks he's entitled to Draymond Green money. The market won't pay that this summer but it might next summer.

eh, no it wont, with Andy and Love back I have a hard time seeing Thompson playingf more than 20minpg.

He is a role player, and a bench big, the best in the game, but he is not worth, nowhere near 80m$, and no one is paying him that, nor this summer, nor next one.

I think he's better than a role player but I agree he's not worth the money he already turned down. Make not mistake though, he thinks he' every bit as Draymond Green.

I think I have to echo your sentiment:

Make not mistake though, he thinks he' every bit as Draymond Green.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,650

Post#82 » by toooskies » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:50 pm

deeps6x wrote:I think I have to echo your sentiment:

Make not mistake though, he thinks he' every bit as Draymond Green.

And an $80m contract pays him like Draymond Green. The rumored $82m and $84m offers he turned down pay him as much as and more than Draymond Green just agreed to.

The only way that TT is upset at the offer is if someone in the organization told him he was better than DG as a motivational tactic during the NBA Finals, and so now he thinks the Cavs have to honor that.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#83 » by johnnyballgame » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:10 am

I'm still believing the Cavs come up to $85 and he signs that. He'll be able to justify in his mind that he's as good as Draymond Green. Cavs get him in camp. Everybody's happy except the people who think Thompson is some kind of career backup because we were able to acquire one of the best PFs in the league in Love, that Varejao and Kaun are proven enough for a championship team and TT shoots 40% free throws. I think this gets done really soon. I say 7-10 days max. He's got to be itching to get back and get underway...

Cavs are going to win a title after all!
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,127

Post#84 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 5:15 pm

johnnyballgame wrote:I'm still believing the Cavs come up to $85 and he signs that. He'll be able to justify in his mind that he's as good as Draymond Green. Cavs get him in camp. Everybody's happy except the people who think Thompson is some kind of career backup because we were able to acquire one of the best PFs in the league in Love, that Varejao and Kaun are proven enough for a championship team and TT shoots 40% free throws. I think this gets done really soon. I say 7-10 days max. He's got to be itching to get back and get underway...

Cavs are going to win a title after all!

Here's the problem with that hypothetical: (1) Based on the reporting, the Cavs thought they had a deal at $80 million and TT's camp walked. If that's true, the Cavs shouldn't renegotiate. (2) Every extra dollar the Cavs pay TT translates into three real dollars over the duration of the contract.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,650

Post#85 » by toooskies » Mon Oct 5, 2015 9:56 pm

TT has no leverage. He only has leverage once the Cavs' frontcourt shows that it won't be able to play in May and June. The guy may end up making $0 this year.

If the playoffs made one thing apparent, it's that Draymond Green is a better player than TT. Green was both an offensive threat and a defensive threat.

Cavs have had no additional reason to offer more since no one else is going to offer him money. They would've done so already if they were going to. If TT wants to play basketball in 2015-16, he's going to take what's on the table.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#86 » by No-Man » Wed Oct 7, 2015 10:00 am

Thompson was really good against two teams with banged-up and slow bigs, he was mediocre during the RS and garbage in the Finals.
He is a fine player with some skills, he is worth about 8m$ with the old cap, because of his age, and thats about 70-80m$ per 5 years.
The Cavs have offered the high end of that money, that is what its fair.
Thompson can only lose if he continues with his hold out, he will remain a RFA regardless of what he does, and the Cavs will match anything, he wont get a max contract after non-playing and the Cavs do not really need him through the RS, like they didnt need him last season.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,127

Post#87 » by jbk1234 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 4:10 pm

Fischella wrote:Thompson was really good against two teams with banged-up and slow bigs, he was mediocre during the RS and garbage in the Finals.
He is a fine player with some skills, he is worth about 8m$ with the old cap, because of his age, and thats about 70-80m$ per 5 years.
The Cavs have offered the high end of that money, that is what its fair.
Thompson can only lose if he continues with his hold out, he will remain a RFA regardless of what he does, and the Cavs will match anything, he wont get a max contract after non-playing and the Cavs do not really need him through the RS, like they didnt need him last season.

Not sure about the bolded part. There's contracts I wouldn't match.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#88 » by johnnyballgame » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:59 am

All ye of little faith...

Now on to the business of winning a championship!!
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers