Woj: David Blatt FIRED

Moderator: ijspeelman

miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Re: Woj: David Blatt FIRED 

Post#21 » by miltk » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:24 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
miltk wrote:lebron's on-ball 60% of the time, and kyrie is on-ball 60% of the time (math?), that leaves nothing for the rest of the team,,,including kevin.

How 'bout instead of pounding the rock, they pass it around and look for easy shots? I'm sure Blatt would love to see that.

PS the GM should fire himself for trading the #1 overall draft pick for a guy who only plays one side of the court - defense wins Championships.

love, the non-athletic player that he is, can only do so much 1on1., so he'd be a willing ball-giver-upper
not so with lebron and kyrie since they've been ball dominant with the full skillset to do so they're whole lives. if you look at gsw by comparison, curry is efficient - he can do whatever he wants with or without ball-time. the others are not ball dominant by nature. at sas, you go into that system knowing that YOU have to make the sacrifice. it is a moral imperative if you want to play on the spurs. lebron especially, has had it his own way his whole basketball life - he goes in, he does his thing, everybody changes FOR HIM = team success. always been that way. he has had NO strong willed coach to coach him.

~PS the GM should fire himself for trading the #1 overall draft pick for a guy who only plays one side of the court - defense wins Championships~ it's not that simple. the window with lebron was small, the necessity to get it done now ,,,,IMMEDIATE. so the org. chose now over future. lebron wanted now and lebron wanted klove. plus,,,ummm we don't know if wiggins is anything but above average. he's like harrison barnes
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#22 » by johnnyballgame » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:35 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:they abandoned Blatt's system during the year and switched to Doc Rivers style with Boston and LA that Lue brought in the second half of last season.

This is the problem. That LeBron/Kyrie/Doc showcase my talents ISO ball is not gonna win titles in today's NBA. Doc won a title in Boston because that was a different era and he had an incredible roster, one that was loaded with excellent defenders. In LA Doc has been a disappointment and hasn't been able to do it with Blake Griffin, CP3, and DeAndre Jordan, three players who collectively are better than the current Cavs big three. Blatt has a system, a proven system, and the players (and apparently, at least one of the coaches) never bought into or executed the system

That wasn't the problem. It was the solution. The Cavs were horrible for the first half of Blatts first season, using Blatts system. Absolutely horrible. You have short term memory.

And he's not proven. Not in the NBA.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,859

Post#23 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:55 am

yoyoboy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Net fan here, 2 things:

1) Do you guys think Lebron will force Love out of Cleveland?

2) Take it from a Net fan who watched management appease the demands of Deron Williams to the detriment of the team...never, ever let the inmates run the asylum.

You know what? A few days ago I would've said no way. But nothing would surprise me anymore.

Would you guys consider trading love and mozgov for brook lopez/thad young?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#24 » by gflem » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:01 am

You remember that the same thing was said about Brown, that he was intimidated by Lebron, in fact he actually thanked Lebron for letting him coach him! This is what I was afraid of when Lebron came back, that everything would revolve around pleasing him. Now, I am glad he came back and made the team relevant again, but he is as guilty as anyone on the team for not boxing out, gambling on D, and for bitchin to the refs instead of getting back or just playing on.
I don't know if Blatt was capable of coaching this team to a championship, or if he ever would have been able to but I almost wonder if the timing as more to do with not wanting to wait until the season was over and risking losing Lue, who some thought should have been hired originally. If Lue was actually the voice the team was willing to listen to and not Blatt, then the move had to be made at some point. I'm not trying to defend the team, but more trying to make some sense of the move.
I will say that Griffin isn't afraid to think or make outside the box moves. I hope this one provides some benefit. What I find really surprising is that apparently some players thought the meeting was called in order to inform them that Love was traded. I wonder which players thought that? I also heard on the radio that Blatt had told someone close that either he or Love had to go. If that was the case that's some interesting stuff.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#25 » by yoyoboy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:

2) Take it from a Net fan who watched management appease the demands of Deron Williams to the detriment of the team...never, ever let the inmates run the asylum.

You know what? A few days ago I would've said no way. But nothing would surprise me anymore.

To be honest, I'm still a big Love fan, so probably not.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#26 » by miltk » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:58 am

gflem wrote:You remember that the same thing was said about Brown, that he was intimidated by Lebron, in fact he actually thanked Lebron for letting him coach him! This is what I was afraid of when Lebron came back, that everything would revolve around pleasing him. Now, I am glad he came back and made the team relevant again, but he is as guilty as anyone on the team for not boxing out, gambling on D, and for bitchin to the refs instead of getting back or just playing on.
I don't know if Blatt was capable of coaching this team to a championship, or if he ever would have been able to but I almost wonder if the timing as more to do with not wanting to wait until the season was over and risking losing Lue, who some thought should have been hired originally. If Lue was actually the voice the team was willing to listen to and not Blatt, then the move had to be made at some point. I'm not trying to defend the team, but more trying to make some sense of the move.
I will say that Griffin isn't afraid to think or make outside the box moves. I hope this one provides some benefit. What I find really surprising is that apparently some players thought the meeting was called in order to inform them that Love was traded. I wonder which players thought that? I also heard on the radio that Blatt had told someone close that either he or Love had to go. If that was the case that's some interesting stuff.

at the conference that gal had guts to pose the question "is lebron a coach killer?" i thought it was a pretty direct question and an interestingly pc answer. of course griffin wasn't going to say anything negative, but it's been really clear that wherever lebron goes some people are going to have to get up and give him their seat. probably on the verge of that happening in miami/spoelstra but riley was never letting that happen. i remember wade standing behind spoelstra 100% and then part way through the season wade is aligning with lebron.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#27 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:23 am

What I'm hearing is that the F.O. not only has Lue's back to stand up to LBJ, but is pretty much expecting it. If LBJ leaves after the season, so be it. I'm so glad they told Klutch they wouldn't hire Mark Jackson.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#28 » by Froob » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:58 am

The way Cleveland was run without LeBron they'll definitely better having him and giving him the keys. As bad as LeBron running the show is...

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:

Nope. They're giving it a month to see if Lue can force Kyrie and LBJ to play system ball and get Love more involved. If it doesn't work, then I could see either Kyrie or Love getting moved. But I can't see Love being moved for that package. The Cavs already have four centers on the roster one of whom is a better rim protector than Lopez.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
tradejunkie101
Junior
And1: 47

Post#30 » by tradejunkie101 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:08 am

When all the dust settles I just hope we get to see the real Kevin Love again.
2016 Trade Deadline Predictions

CHI-TOR: Gibson/Bairstow for Scola/Johnson/Bennett/2016 Raps 1st
NOP-TOR: Anderson/Perkins for Scola/Johnson/Bennett/2016 Raps 1st
PHX-DET: Keef for Meeks, 2016 Det 1st
PHX-LAC: Tucker for Lance/Wilcox/2016 Nets 2nd
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,131

Post#31 » by lambchop » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:59 pm

lol at the moving kyrie nonsense. I expect Lue to make a huge difference. Coaching changes can be game changers. If there's no accountability, players perform poorly.
Granted lue can get lebron to play hard consistently, this could give them a decent shot. Spoelstra didn't hesitate to bench james. I think lue can do the same. Expect guys like mo williams to get back in the rotation and play their hearts out.
This team has talent and experience. They got the coaching change they wanted. Now it's time to play.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#32 » by chrbal » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:45 pm

This
needs to meet with this
Before it becomes really dysfunctional
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#33 » by Tricky_Kid » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Stepping by to say Cle is joke as a FO Blatt is very good coach and it will be pleasure to see another Lebitch`s tears after He reiteres in Cle with no ring. Riley knew that no player can decide about coaching staff and it payed off. So many high draft picks and stil a joke franchise lol

Wysłane z mojego LG-P880 przy użyciu Tapatalka
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:Stepping by to say Cle is joke as a FO Blatt is very good coach and it will be pleasure to see another Lebitch`s tears after He reiteres in Cle with no ring. Riley knew that no player can decide about coaching staff and it payed off. So many high draft picks and stil a joke franchise lol

So nice of you to stop by. Now enjoy your ban when the mod sees this.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach

Re: RE: Re: Woj: David Blatt FIRED 

Post#35 » by Tricky_Kid » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:46 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:Stepping by to say Cle is joke as a FO Blatt is very good coach and it will be pleasure to see another Lebitch`s tears after He reiteres in Cle with no ring. Riley knew that no player can decide about coaching staff and it payed off. So many high draft picks and stil a joke franchise lol

So nice of you to stop by. Now enjoy your ban when the mod sees this.

Ehh sorry but It is worth it

gflem
Analyst

Post#36 » by gflem » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Interesting comments seeing as how your Seahawks flamed out. Again. Enjoy watching the Cavs in the finals. Again.
gflem
Analyst

Post#37 » by gflem » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:42 pm

miltk wrote:
gflem wrote:You remember that the same thing was said about Brown, that he was intimidated by Lebron, in fact he actually thanked Lebron for letting him coach him! This is what I was afraid of when Lebron came back, that everything would revolve around pleasing him. Now, I am glad he came back and made the team relevant again, but he is as guilty as anyone on the team for not boxing out, gambling on D, and for bitchin to the refs instead of getting back or just playing on.

at the conference that gal had guts to pose the question "is lebron a coach killer?" i thought it was a pretty direct question and an interestingly pc answer. of course griffin wasn't going to say anything negative, but it's been really clear that wherever lebron goes some people are going to have to get up and give him their seat. probably on the verge of that happening in miami/spoelstra but riley was never letting that happen. i remember wade standing behind spoelstra 100% and then part way through the season wade is aligning with lebron.

Yeah, definitely whatever team Lebron is on it is his team. At least for the time being while he is still in his prime. Just the immediate increase in team value, and of course he can take a lottery team and turn it into a playoff team overnight. Ultimately Lebron is held accountable if the team doesn't win the finals, but he obviously wasn't being held accountable in the meetings and film sessions as the other players were. Its not like Iverson going all "Practice" or anything but Lebron should be held just as accountable as the other players. I wonder if this has anything to do with Timo seeming to be aloof out on the floor.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by Tricky_Kid » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:08 pm

gflem wrote:

Interesting comments seeing as how your Seahawks flamed out. Again. Enjoy watching the Cavs in the finals. Again.

At least they won a chip... I will enjoy seeing TheMuppet loss again to the great Spurs or Warriors. His ego bury your team for years. One thing He f..ed was trading Wiggins for Love, then lobbying for those crazy contracts like with TT and now firing David Blatt.
As a non homer cavs fan I see it clearly. If you firing the coach late in the season with the best record on the east You are just damn stupid. Changing Blatt for Lue doesn`t solve any problems. The real problem is James ego and his ISO type of play vs Warriors ball movement with better players it won`t end up good for Cleveland. By the way Lue highlight carrer play was when Allen Iverson stepped over him and show him his place in the NBA which means bottom line

gflem
Analyst

Post#39 » by gflem » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:
gflem wrote:

At least they won a chip... I will enjoy seeing TheMuppet loss again to the great Spurs or Warriors. His ego bury your team for years. One thing He f..ed was trading Wiggins for Love, then lobbying for those crazy contracts like with TT and now firing David Blatt.
As a non homer cavs fan I see it clearly. If you firing the coach late in the season with the best record on the east You are just damn stupid. Changing Blatt for Lue doesn`t solve any problems. The real problem is James ego and his ISO type of play vs Warriors ball movement with better players it won`t end up good for Cleveland. By the way Lue highlight carrer play was when Allen Iverson stepped over him and show him his place in the NBA which means bottom line

Well, this part remains to be seen. IF the team had tuned him out(for whatever reason) then it was time for him to go. I agree about the iso ball and ego comments, but the TT contract was a matter of the team being in a bad place due to the Love trade, no money under the cap to replace TT if he left. I was in favor of keeping Wiggins at the time, but that is a different subject.
As for Lue, so what? Iverson broke many ankles in his day. It has nothing to do with whether Lue can or will be a good coach. Only time will tell. I wish Blatt well, but wont shed a tear for him, he will be just fine.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Woj: David Blatt FIRED 

Post#40 » by Tricky_Kid » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:33 pm

gflem wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:
gflem wrote:Interesting comments seeing as how your Seahawks flamed out. Again. Enjoy watching the Cavs in the finals. Again.

Well, this part remains to be seen. IF the team had tuned him out(for whatever reason) then it was time for him to go. I agree about the iso ball and ego comments, but the TT contract was a matter of the team being in a bad place due to the Love trade, no money under the cap to replace TT if he left. I was in favor of keeping Wiggins at the time, but that is a different subject.
As for Lue, so what? Iverson broke many ankles in his day. It has nothing to do with whether Lue can or will be a good coach. Only time will tell. I wish Blatt well, but wont shed a tear for him, he will be just fine.

Can U at least agree that rolling dices with Lue over Blatt atm is ridiculous? I mean If Lebron was against and some other players why not firing him after the season? I don`t think Lue is mastermind and won`t be much impactful. I remember him from the past like a meh player without high BBIQ. I know that AI could do it to almost every1 but that day in game 1 Lue asked for it through all game.
One more thing which I didn`t know earlier Kyrie`s behaviour after sub is red flag for me. I hate players who doesn`t understand that the team is most important. Arguing or throwing things around is not profesjonal just childish.
I think more problems (if u can say about a team who is 1st on east) are caused by the roster and maybe too much ego`s than coaching.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers